What's new

Guild Concept Proposal - The Revenant

First, I need to thank everyone for all your support both here and on our Discord site. Sadly, as you probably noticed, I've not been around the last few days. This is because of a RL situation that has come up which has taken me away from the game and will force me to walk away for the foreseeable future. I wish this wasn't the case but right now, I need to fix these problems before I can reach out and try something else. I hope you all understand.

Perhaps I'll be back down the road and we can try this again. Until, I wish you all the best!

Oh whoops, I missed this somehow in my first read through. I hope your RL things work out well and soon. :)

THE REVENANT

-A GUILD CONCEPT PROPOSAL

Special thanks to all those who helped with the concept art and logo design! You know who you are…

kmMgoD4.jpg

Setting the stage…

Have you ever played a MMORPG that you really enjoyed but after spending hours upon hours searching for a guild to support your beloved game you finally came to the conclusion that nothing really just “feels” right for you? Did you ever settle for a guild because it was the best of what was left?Well, you’re not alone! I too have been in this situation many times before but instead of stepping up and doing something about it, I simply settled for something “close” to what I really wanted. Well, not anymore!

This page will focus on a guild/community proposal that I have been developing for several years and believe that this AA private server may be the best opportunity to see it succeed. If you’re willing to read through the information here and consider what I’m offering, I think you might find something that many have us have been searching for.

Q: So, what is the proposal?

Like many of you, I have a life, a job, and things outside of the gaming world that are very important to me. As we all know, to effectively organize a community in this genre, it takes time, dedication, and people willing to work to make the community better. With that being said, my proposal is to create The Revenant, a story-driven/PvP guild structure that incorporates all aspects of the game while creating an actual purpose for it's members. While I'm willing to create the structure, manage the forums/website and continue the normal operational management, I’m looking to you all to help me run the guild in the game itself. For that reason, if this idea gets enough support, I’m going to actively search the community of AA in order to find a guild manager, several key officers, and those interested in pooling our talents together to make this a success. If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, please reply here or send me a PM. I’ll post more specifics about what qualifications I’m looking for below. While one person can make a difference, a group with the same goal in mind can change what we have come to expect from a gaming community!

Q: What can you tell us now about your plan for The Revenant?

That’s classified! Ok, it’s not but here goes: The Revenant is a RP centered, story driven guild that holds a special focus on organized PvP. As such, a rich background story has been developed and created in such a way that it will blend with the current lore of the game yet also answers the “why” behind all of our activities. We want to show a sense of purpose, critical importance, and powerful character development. The core of this guild will answer each of these concepts by arching our background into a living story which will be used in large-scale RP/PvP events.

As a “living story” guild community, our forums will have several semi-scripted stories where members can interact with each other in an open, non-threatening RP environment and truly develop their characters. Not very comfortable with RP or not sure how to RP a character? This guild will help you not only understand how, but see why it can be so rewarding!

XdJGA8z.jpg

Q: Organized PvP Events? Can you explain?

In the Revenant, we don’t think small. Our goal is always to come up with ideas and events that have never be done before and join our guild with the rest of the gaming community. As such, we will work with other guilds to establish our “nemesis,” a guild which represents the enemy. Additionally, we will form active alliances so that sever-wide events can be created with real objectives! Ever feel like PvP is pointless sometimes? Perhaps that will change once you join a 2+ hour massive PvP event where the stakes actually matter!

Q: I don’t PvP much but I like the idea you have so far. How do you protect your non-PvP members?

While the guild has a strong focus on PvP, we will NEVER require our members to participate in any activity they are not interested in. This is a game, right? Anyways, for those guild members who want to focus on RP or PvE, we will have a several QRF (Quick Reaction Force) teams that have been highly trained and represent the most skilled PvP members of the guild. QRF team members volunteer their time and skills to ensure that if you are attacked or being harassed, they will immediately respond to your location and find ways to “motivate” the attacker to leave. In the process, they may also hunt down every member of this attacker’s guild and gank them without mercy, you know, just to send a message…

Q: So what about PvE and raids?

As part of the guild structure, my intent is to have an established team of dedicated and skilled raiders who will not only lead our raids, but help other guild members by teaching them the best tactics and methods for success. In fact, a formalized section of the guild, with their own guild officers, will run the day-to-day operations on our raiding.

Q: Can you explain the guild’s story or the structure in more detail?

Honestly, as this is just a proposal, I’m not going to go into the details of the story other than to say that the guild follows a more special operations/para-military format with a ranking system based upon traditional naval terminology. I will say though that I've spent well over a year working on the story which I think our members will really enjoy. As for the organizational structure, the guild will have the founder (me!), a Guild Master, and three senior officers for RP, PvP, and PvE. Additional officers will be appointed for public relations and recruiting.

WANT TO JOIN THE REVENANT?

If you’re interested in joining this community, please let me know in these forums or send me a PM anytime. Information on the website and discord will be provided once a few key officer positions have been filled. If you’re interested in helping the guild develop and would like to be an officer, please send me a PM with the information listed below:

• Please identify what type of role/position you would like within the community.
  • Please provide a narrative (short) explaining why you feel you are qualified.
  • Must be at least 18 years of age.
  • Must be professional, courteous, and have excellent verbal communication skills.
  • For those in interested in RP leadership, please ensure you have a working knowledge of AA lore.
  • Previous experience in online community leadership is a plus.
NOTE: Officer candidates will meet with me on discord to discuss the guild in more details and to ensure this is a good fit.

ABOUT ME:

I’m a huge fan of MMORPGs and have over three years of experience in guild leadership ranging from the GM of a large PvP guild in WoW to a recruiting officer in SWTOR. I have been developing story and character concepts for over a decade now and expect to publish my first novel next year.

Fl2ciYg.jpg
Just say you are going to be a RP carebear guild. Don’t lie to yourself saying your going to be a hardcore pvp guild.

I wish you guys lots of luck, this game needs more RP and attention given to the lore. I absolutely adore it and i am writing a fanfic/novel for AA as well.
Only shame you're East, cities of the West are so amazing and would be great to RP in :p

Just one thing...i may be blind but you never putted on what continent you are soo..east or west?

PS (I can see that in your signature you hate humans and elfs but you know...xD)

Back