What's new

Hasla Event Week 1

Disrep

So now that a week has passed with the Hasla event, I think some of our concerns that were previously expressed in this thread need to be explained a little better, and hopefully fixed if we want this event to succeed.

The proposed idea was originally to add some kind of way to farm lucky points through the abandoned drill camp mobs. Instead, what we got was a rift that spawns at specific times of the day. This isn't a bad thing, I just feel the way it was implemented needs some fine tuning to make it the experience we wanted.

Purpose of this event
  • Decrease the price of Lucky Points, and hopefully the price of Divine pieces.
  • Bring pvp back to hasla like we wanted.
  • Add a new catch up mechanic (since weapons were added, new incentive to go out was created)
Unfortunately, due to how the event works, neither of these are the case. I've been consistently going to the rift only to find after 3 days it has died off.

Issues with Current rift
  • Mobs are too hard to farm with less than 25 geared people.
  • Anything over 25 people makes it extremely inefficient to do the event. Mobs don't drop enough tokens.
  • It's not worth going out to these events to try and farm a lucky, especially if they are bound.
  • Too frequent. 8 times per day means heavy overlap with other world events.
  • They get the grouping buff. Pulling more than 8 mobs gives them 80% damage reduction. Wave 3 is a nightmare because hitting one commander will spawn 5 other mobs
  • Mobs spawn in too much of a concentrated area. The old hasla rift was amazing because it spawned a bunch all over abandoned drill camp, making it hard for one guild or group of people to control everything.
  • Weapons and Scrolls cost too much for how hard the event is.
  • Weapons are not worth farming in their current state. Having them open at grand and not go up a regrade level when you upgrade it makes these weapons pretty bad.
  • There is no small scale pvp in this event. It's either large scale or bust.

The things in bold will be the most important things to fix, and should be done ASAP. Everything else can come after we get the main issues done.

How to Fix this
  • Reduce times to half the amount, at specific times during the day. These times are not during key events like Halcyona or Luscas.
  • ce79746f31.png

• Make both the weapons and reslendents able to be farmed from abandoned drill camp mobs. This was the original point of the hasla thread, and I cannot stress how important it is to make this so. You can do this by separating token drops.
  • 7118ebb605.jpg
  • 4481caba60.png
  • 6348a860ef.png
  • b49a21202c.png
  • 205d00e920.png
    e056259bd7.png
  • 6d5d179d35.png
  • Weapons should start at Heroic, and tier up to Divine once you hit t4. This isn't game breaking at all, a Divine t4 weapon is perfect for a newer player to catch up. Worst comes to worst, if they regrade it and it goes legendary, at most it's going to be a celestial Ayanad, which isn't a big deal currently. If you do this, make sure that the previous tiers cannot be regraded to avoid abusing the system, just like the current Hasla Weapons.
  • Fix the Nuis where you don't spawn completely away from the event once in war time. Make it so you spawn to the closest nui
  • Increase the rift size to a larger area. One of the spawns in Galegarden spawn in this general area.
    7f6971844c.jpg
  • What you would do is spread out these mobs across this area.
    3eca77e3b7.jpg
  • Make the whole entire rift last an hour long. Every 10 min, the next wave of zombies spawn, until the last 30 minutes. The last 30 minutes spawns the boss, which will be alive until the rift despawns, or someone kills it. Example would be this.
  • 18cd1fb09a.png
  • Add things like regrade charms to the shop.
FAQ

What about Bots?

Bots wont be an issue. If this is implemented the way that we really want it, bots will be killed 100% of the time. The only issue could be during peace time, but that would mean bots would have to out-tag other players farming, which is very hard. I repeat, bots will not be an issue. This needs to be put in regardless of bots because its crucial to the survival of this event. The good thing about this server is that you guys have the ability to change things. If it becomes a serious problem and divine pieces tank really hard, you can always change things around.

We shouldn't unbind the scroll
I disagree. Divine pieces are going up in price, not down. The gap between players is getting bigger and bigger. At the moment, this server is not very new player friendly just like live Archeage.

TLDR: Make it so we can farm this stuff in abandoned drill camp.

@IronLady @Sparkle please consider this.

Great event and a demonstration of the community devs competence. Don't let it be a waste of dev effort and take the considerations into account .

Omg @Disrep i think you overestimate how much time Admins have xD

I hope they read it though..
This is why the main changes are in bold. Switching tokens around and adding things to a drop table isn't terribly complex. You would start with that, then move down the priority list of what needs to happen.

I don't expect any of these changes to happen overnight because there is a lot going on, but it definently needs to be said. I don't want this to be left and forgotten in a broken state like Lucrative said.

It doesnt take a group of 25 ppl to farm there at all o.o
Maybe if contested but i did it with a group of 8. I do agree that they need to decrease all of those mob stats if they want new players to catch up and while i do agree weapons needs to tier up as they get to the next level they should not go to divine. They should go to celestial at max.
The suggestion about less rifts is actually pretty good. If we need less stones to craft the scrolls and mobs gets tuned down, there will be more competition on those rifts. Imo if they separate the drops to craft weapon and scrolls, only 1 maybe 2 rifts should drop specific stones to craft the scrolls so ppl will have to fight for it
Those are all great changes tho

I still don't even know where these are. I went a couple times and couldn't find the rifts, but I don't know if I was looking in the wrong spot or if I was too late or what.

Great post! You nailed it right on the head with the problems with the event, and the fixes that would really make it something great. Adding the tokens only to strong rift mobs and not the normal Hasla drill camp mobs was the biggest miss-step with this event. That completely shuts new players out - they don't have a group to go with and no way to progress alone. Fixing that gives newbies a viable path to catching up and establishes a baseline gear level for the server - exactly what the original Hasla system did on retail. It also encourages new players to band together, make friends, and establish the social element that's so important for MMOs.

I don't have a problem with the tokens for making resplendent scrolls coming only from the tough, rift mobs. That makes good sense. But the tokens for gear should drop from all of the mobs in the area, all the time, just like on retail.

I don't agree that the gear should progress up to divine @ T4. That's a little too generous and a bit of a slap-in-the-face to people who just spent 9K on a divine weapon. Celestial is fine, and then you can farm one of those resplendent scrolls with your new group of friends and take a shot at going higher if you wish.

That wouldn't help anything though, and everything is already bind on pick up.

But if it is why are bots an issue then? Sorry, i thought that they would be farming something that could be sold. Wouldn't resplendent scrolls still be sellable? I'm not sure if that's the case now or if it's just part of your suggestion.

But if it is why are bots an issue then? Sorry, i thought that they would be farming something that could be sold. Wouldn't resplendent scrolls still be sellable? I'm not sure if that's the case now or if it's just part of your suggestion.
So the issue is that because there is fear of bots, these items are bind on pickup. My suggestion would be to remove that because bots are not as big of an issue as people make it look like

So the issue is that because there is fear of bots, these items are bind on pickup. My suggestion would be to remove that because bots are not as big of an issue as people make it look like

Thanks for the clarification, I don't think bots will be an issue either, I'm more afraid of the usual suspects just hogging it if it's sellable. But it might be too much work for not enough profit for them.

Just want to clarify on why I think bots would not be an issue in this event :

If the item is sellable, it'd bring more luckies in the economy. That is obvious. It's a good point.
Now, if bots are there, they'll either get killed in chain if they try to farm with players next to them, because PvP. This means bots will only be able to farm during off-hours, and will not bother as much as we may think.

On this server, off-hours are not the whole night, since we have both EU and NA players. Bots would have effectively 4-6 hours a day where they'd be able to farm without being killed, and my time estimation is probably higher than reality.

Having a way to solo-farm the event would allow for new players to get some gold income from the resp scrolls, aswell as the Valiant weapons; the bot paranoia is exaggerated, especially on this event.

The scrolls being bound is fine, the event is meant to be for people to grind for new gear or a chance for a double upgrade, making the scrolls unbound will make geared players go farm the rifts just to sell the scrolls instead of using them, taking up room from new players that sure will need more the tokens than people already geared trying to make 500-1k+ gold out of farming mobs, also, the grade of the weapons should go through the same upgrade process as any other weapon, even new players should suffer regrading the same as the rest of us mortals.

The scrolls being bound is fine, the event is meant to be for people to grind for new gear or a chance for a double upgrade, making the scrolls unbound will make geared players go farm the rifts just to sell the scrolls instead of using them, taking up room from new players that sure will need more the tokens than people already geared trying to make 500-1k+ gold out of farming mobs, also, the grade of the weapons should go through the same upgrade process as any other weapon, even new players should suffer regrading the same as the rest of us mortals.
No, the point of the event was to bring more luckies into the game, making prices cheaper. They are supposed to be sold. Prices of Divines are only going up, when it should be the reverse.

The gear was an after thought that was provided by the admins. Because it was a good idea, we figured we should work around it.

Back