What's new

Hello, I'm a new player - which class should I pick/choose?

Yukimi

Hello, I'm new to this game and have never played it before but really like how the game allows you to build your own houses etc. I'm a more casual PVE oriented player that likes to run around collecting materials and building stuffs as well as some fighting involved, I've always prefer mage classes ever since I first started playing MMOs so I would like to ask if anyone could recommend me any fun mage class that I could choose and play, Thank you and nice to meet everyone.

Go for cabalist (sorcery - witchcraft -defense). You'll be a tanky mage and you can summon an awesome pet to fight alongside with you :)

Enigmatist is imo the most widespread mage class currently, although there are others like Arcanist (aoe, mobility), Daggerspell (1v1) and Cabalist (tanky)

Basically as a mage Sorcery will be your "main" talent tree where all your damage comes from, then its just mixing what other specs you want with it

Auramancy has a lot of mobility and Shrug, which makes it a common talent to pick up, Shadowplay has stealth and some mobility, Witchcraft has a lot of CC, etc...its just about finding a combination you like

Enigmatist = Sorc / Shadow / Aura
Spellsinger = Sorc / Songcraft / Aura
Spellsong = Sorc / Shadowplay / Songcraft
Arcanist = Sorc / Witchcraft / Aura
Daggerspell = Sorc / Shadowplay / Witchcraft

As a new player I really suggest you do not bother with spellsinger. Before playing the class you probably need at LEAST 790+ magic attack just to even scratch people, and other then that it really isn't worth playing due to the lack of mobility and survivability. The whole point of spellsinger is to blow people up as fast as you can, and if they survive your inital burst you are more then likely dead.

Back