What's new

Hello! Prospective Player for the Private Sever

Laika

Hello all!

I left the ArcheAge main servers back in September, since I felt that I wouldn't be able to catch up to everyone (and I had less and less time to play). So I left, and I played BDO for a week, then left that. I want to play AA again, but not on the main servers.

Before I download the client and game for the private server, I want to ask a few questions;;
1. How's the AH? In the main servers, I usually farmed mobs and sold stuff. And when I had more time, I'd just buy mats off the AH and make packs with them.
2. How's the community? I liked the guild I was with before I left; supportive and friendly. But I know that AA had the reputation of a "bad community", so I was wondering if it'd be like that here.
3. Can I catch up? My friend who plays on here says 4000 GS is about the average right now. How much time would I have to put in every day to get to that?
4. How are the faction populations here? (Like how much people are in east, west, pirate, etc).
5. What costumes are released? I think I saw the Succubus costume on a thread while browsing through here. I was a costume hoarder on the main servers, lol

I think that's a lot of questions to ask for now, so I'll leave it at that.

And I think I should tell you a little about myself!
- I was playing on Lucius, Nazar, Tahyang and Thunderwing on the main server. I was primarily a cleric, but I played as an archer and melee DPS before.
- I'm Percy (the one who wrote the hash AA KR update blog)! I love the game too much to completely leave it :c (Did a name change though... So my IGN isn't Percy lol)
- Not the best PvPer, but I'll try o/

Edit: I just saw the intro thread ;w;

1) The ah sells things fairly quick. With the cashshop being down some prices are in flux. But most things I farm sell within 4-6hours. This is just 1 server though so high end gear like Divine Delph will probably take longer to sell due to it being 1 server not many attached to a single auction house. Currently with the cashshop down alot of large ticket items are selling slower because ppl cannot convert RL money into gold.

2) The community is basically the same as on live (Cancerous as hell). West works better in world events from what I see. East spends all day killing each other and stealing packs.

3) I got to 3.5k gear score in 7 days of starting. If you know what to do it is simple to get too 4k gear score in a few weeks. But it all depends on how much time you are going to sink into the game. This server is the equivalent of having a main + 7 alts with the labor regen and there are increased drop rates on everything for free. (Do not make actual alts though it is bannable on this server)

4) West most populated, East is decently populated but less then west, Pirate are more or less non-existant outside a guild or 2. No player nations in the game yet. The server is alot more crowded then most if not all the main trion servers. It is also a mix of NA/Eu players so activity levels are alot higher all day long instead of just Na prime. Just to warn you there are no house spots available... you will have to get lucky, buy one, or wait for a demo and compete with 10-20 ppl. (It feel like AA launch with houses atm)

5) They are releasing costumes at a faster pace then trion. Not sure on what is released in total though, I do not collect them. (Issue is the cashshop is down so you have to buy them with gold or crypto currency)

Over all this server in my opinion is head and shoulders better then Trion's. But it is archeage so everything that is archeage is here except it is run better and the actual player (non-alt) population is about 3xs higher then the average non-private Na/Eu Server. There is still the ability to P2W although not as much, and the gear gap and balance problems exist still... aka a 3.2k Darkrunner will still be 1-2 shotting you at 4.2k gs if they have a divine/epic weapon you are wearing anything other then plate.

If you like Archeage this is the best server you can play on currently. Make sure to read the rules though before playing there are several restrictions that are not on the main server.

Hey and welcome to ArcheRage! I don't have answers for all of these but regarding Costumes - there's a weekly rotation, we had the Bleak Chamber Burial, Demon's Kiss, Shore Leave, Navy Uniform, Armored Wavewyrm and lastly Golden Dawn and Chimera Outfits.

Currently there's the voting thread https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/costume-wars.3683 where you can pitch in what costume you'd like to see! (I suppose it's gonna be Kyprosa's Winter Furs as of now)

The best thing is the labor regen. Remember getting on for 45 minutes, burning through your labor and logging off for the day? Here you wake up with 5k labor, burn some, go to work, come home and have 5k again. You can actually play the game here without buying hundreds of dollars worth of labor pots. My 2 cents.

just bear in mind... land none avail unless 8x8.. hacking goes on a lot, also if your EU you have no hope of getting land due to high ping. With that said you can buy certed homes for a price though...

16x16's are fairly cheap right now. You can get a 16 for around 500-600g, it's going to be a lot more expensive in high value zones like Hellswamp or Villanelle.

Community is active. Faction chat is a bit trolly, but there's less hate speech as that can get you banned. If someone is reported for using bots or hacks they'll be investigated and if they were breaking rules they're banned. The staff is much more responsive to tickets here and actually care about their server.

I'd say jump on in! There's a lot of benefits to this server:
- More stable than Trion servers
- No Alts means no freighter trains (you can make alts on same account but can't have more than 1 account per person)
- Increased labor regen means you can basically do what you want and don't have to be a slave to an optimal silver per labor ratio
- Active community. PUG Raids for Bosses, CR, GR, etc., fill up or get close to full
- Active Ocean
- It's version 2.9 so the trade pack system is good, there's no royal seeds for larders, you earn vocation from doing activities instead of daily quests

The only downsides are ArcheAge-specific like low Fish value in this version.

I made an FAQ in the Game Guides section that might help you too:
https://na.archerage.to/forums/inde...for-new-players-to-archerage.3412/#post-29233

Still downloading the game. hopefully its a better experience than the official one, also hope they make easier ways to purchase costumes :/

Hello all!

I left the ArcheAge main servers back in September, since I felt that I wouldn't be able to catch up to everyone (and I had less and less time to play). So I left, and I played BDO for a week, then left that. I want to play AA again, but not on the main servers.

Before I download the client and game for the private server, I want to ask a few questions;;
1. How's the AH? In the main servers, I usually farmed mobs and sold stuff. And when I had more time, I'd just buy mats off the AH and make packs with them.
2. How's the community? I liked the guild I was with before I left; supportive and friendly. But I know that AA had the reputation of a "bad community", so I was wondering if it'd be like that here.
3. Can I catch up? My friend who plays on here says 4000 GS is about the average right now. How much time would I have to put in every day to get to that?
4. How are the faction populations here? (Like how much people are in east, west, pirate, etc).
5. What costumes are released? I think I saw the Succubus costume on a thread while browsing through here. I was a costume hoarder on the main servers, lol

I think that's a lot of questions to ask for now, so I'll leave it at that.

And I think I should tell you a little about myself!
- I was playing on Lucius, Nazar, Tahyang and Thunderwing on the main server. I was primarily a cleric, but I played as an archer and melee DPS before.
- I'm Percy (the one who wrote the hash AA KR update blog)! I love the game too much to completely leave it :c (Did a name change though... So my IGN isn't Percy lol)
- Not the best PvPer, but I'll try o/

Edit: I just saw the intro thread ;w;

Hold on, you are this Percy?

Hold on, you are this Percy?
* gasp * You found me!

I abandoned the blog back in May, then the Trino servers in September. :p

And thank you guys for the tips too :3 I’m at 2.6k GS right now (had help some from friend). Looking to bump it up a bit more :)

Back