What's new

How do you guys feel about the buffed 5v5 arenas?

5v5 Arena Buff

• More

Votes: 54 88.5%
  • Its fine

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

Disrep

Its absolutely a good start. However I still feel its not worth it, 15 min for 300 honor a win isn't that good. I'm curious to see how does everyone feel about it?

Honestly, if we can't base it on time we should make winning and losing ATLEAST 2x what it is now.
But, that's just my opinion :)

Since there's no limit to it, 300 a win is plenty.

I have to disagree here, 300 honor (assuming you actually win the 5v5) is worth 4 kills in a war zone . For 15 minutes of work that's nothing, should be buffed to at least 500 possibly more.

I ran around Hasla and Ynystere the other day cause they were both at WAR and between the 2 I easily made over 2k honor. Ynystere I made 800 honor alone in that zone and it only had about 15 mins or so left before I even realized it was at war.. I was running around Hasla looking for Majestics and Drills

<3 @Shawnzy for your drills btw :D lol.

but yeah I'd say they need to make 5v5's worth the effort otherwise it'll be like retail and no ones gonna even bother with 5v5's OR! increase the limit of how many times people can do 1v1's both Sparring and Glads. If we're gonna neglect 5v5's then there's almost no point to have it. Need to make it worth while.

I ran around Hasla and Ynystere the other day cause they were both at WAR and between the 2 I easily made over 2k honor. Ynystere I made 800 honor alone in that zone and it only had about 15 mins or so left before I even realized it was at war.. I was running around Hasla looking for Majestics and Drills

<3 @Shawnzy for your drills btw :D lol.

but yeah I'd say they need to make 5v5's worth the effort otherwise it'll be like retail and no ones gonna even bother with 5v5's OR! increase the limit of how many times people can do 1v1's both Sparring and Glads. If we're gonna neglect 5v5's then there's almost no point to have it. Need to make it worth while.

I am a fan of keeping the honor where it is to encourage open world pvp

I am a fan of keeping the honor where it is to encourage open world pvp

I'll agree with this as well.. world PVP is a good thing... HMMM this might be an idea...

@IronLady @Sparkle would it be possible to put zones back on timers instead of having to force them to war with PVP? This would make things a bit more dynamic.. this is of course if others would be on board with this idea.. Make them still have a peice time before they go back to conflict..

Edit: The only reason why I bring this idea up is because people want to PVP that's a given.. PVP is fun and it's one of the main things in this game.. It's why a lot of people even play it to begin with. I feel like there is a wall though between the people who want to PVP and actually DO PVP.

The reasoning for this is cause they want honor.. that's the reward but if the zone isn't at war they don't get honor and having to kill 750 people to push a zone to war is time consuming and boring. Maybe if we could reduce the number of kills to push a zone to war? idk this is another idea.

yerznt6.png

maybe fix the kills needed or something? idk Just throwing ideas out there.

Last edited:
Here's an idea, buff the honor to 1000 win/500 loss but make it so you can only enter 3x a day.

This way open world pvp outside of arenas is encouraged (people who want more pvp/honor after doing their daily runs move to war zones instead of just spam arena queueing), 5v5s become much more alive since people will do them to reach their daily cap purely on the virtue of wanting to do their dailies, and we all still get our honor without it being too overpowered.

There isnt a limit to open world PVP honor either.. a healer can press AOEs and get over 300 honor in 5 minutes. It absolutely needs changing for both winning and losing
Yeah, it's almost like this is supposed to be an open world PvP game or something. Who would have thought?

Nice to have both options open amirite.. theres always people that love arenas and hate open world.. vice versa
There's a difference between having the two options "open" and making it as rewarding to stay comfortably in Marianople queuing up for arenas.

I'm in favor a comprehensive reform to arenas to allow more arenas, just not arenas that constantly reward honour.

Imo, the setup should be:
-All arenas are uncapped;
-First five arenas (of each type) reward honour, a bit more than they do right now;
-Other arenas (past five a day) reward much less honour.

There's a difference between having the two options "open" and making it as rewarding to stay comfortably in Marianople queuing up for arenas.

I'm in favor a comprehensive reform to arenas to allow more arenas, just not arenas that constantly reward honour.

Imo, the setup should be:
-All arenas are uncapped;
-First five arenas (of each type) reward honour, a bit more than they do right now;
-Other arenas (past five a day) reward much less honour.
Ok i hear your point tbh, that sounds fair. I also think that buying extra queues with badges for honor is solid

They need to but more dailys in, for all arenas like if you enter 5/5 you get honor like 1,2k

Back