What's new

How XL Games started creating a real ArcheAge, and what we can learn from that:

we dont want the game "easier" we want it more fun to play,why someone who swipe can get full epic in 1 week n player who spends daily on the game farming/etc actually playing the game has to progress super slow? u cant compete with whales anyhow except by paying aswell. this is how trino and xlgame version died out,just reduce the p2w model by making Grinding and farming worth your time?i see no reason why should whale who log in daily to only swipe,craft/sell/buyout shits off AH>put more expensive n ruin prices for normal players be superior,the ppl who actually commit their time to play the game should be the ones with the op gears not p2w

Last edited:
we dont want the game "easier" we want it more fun to play,why someone who swipe can get full epic in 1 week n player who spends daily on the game farming/etc actually playing the game has to progress super slow? u cant compete with whales anyhow except by paying aswell. this is how trino and xlgame version died out,just reduce the p2w model by making Grinding and farming worth your time?i see no reason why whale who log in daily to only swipe,craft/sell/buyout shits off AH>put more expensive n ruin prices for normal players be superior,the ppl who actually commit their time to play should be.

Ok that is a fair(ish) point and I kinda agree with you on some points but In here is not that hard to catch up with whales compared to official and honestly so far I have set 0$(not because im cheap but for my country reasons), I'm not denying there are whales or that swipe reduce your time investment considerably but as F2P player I really have no issue making enough gold at all either, notice I play at most 3h a day(on weekdays) im not some no lifer spending every waking moment on the game but I do admit I've playing since alpha this game and after so many merges on official I've become pretty damn efficient at making gold/craft/etc.

The problem with this game is you are never going to have it your way of having an equal field with everyone else because the game is too complex for such thing to happen, even if someone just go and give staff all the money they ever need to keep the server running and remove the whole cash shop you will face exactly the same problem but from people with the experience or more time to play than you and the cycle repeats.

I do agree with you that some items should be out of the cash shop to slow down a reasonable amount the pressure on credits but cannot be too much either because those that wanna swipe will swipe one way or the other and is preferable they put their cash on the server than on RMT that will spawn everywhere like fungus if the credits are not profitable enough, if there is a demand an offer will undoubtedly will appear without fail every time regardless of what you wish or want, that is life.

My advise is focus and revise your gold strategies because is fairly doable in a reasonable timeframe if you know what to do, just stop expecting you are gonna get 7k in 1 week(even swiping), also I wanna just make this clear since I've played with many if not most of those "whales" at some point in time, most been here in Archerage since 2.9.

I mean sure is relatively easy to buy some Epic piece here and there but the gems take a lot of time regardless of how hard you swipe and honestly simply having Epic pieces in no way make you "OP" automagically against every possible player, sure it helps but most of the time proper setup and gems do way more dmg than simply Epics and that is why you see many "whales" here and in official with massive GS getting owned by PVP pros with less gear.

fishing rewards are based of proficiency
Thats not true;
Source: https://archeage.gamepedia.com/Fishing
As you can read, its not true.
Even if you say that the gamepedia is using a recent version of the game, anyone who plays the game know that you dont get a flat amount of gold, neither a percentage amount of gold, when delivering fishes at a higher proficiency. You get labor bonus, and XP bonus. As any other prof.
You can deal more damage, with more fishing, and not get more gold per fish, with more prof.
And by the way:
https://archeage.xlgames.com/mboards/patchnote/11946:

[낚시]

담수 어군이 등장하는 빈도를 높게 변경하였습니다.

희귀형 담수 대어 낚시가 가능한 '오색 떡밥'을 추가하였습니다.
- 잡화 상인에게서 5금화에 구매 가능합니다.
- 담수가 가능한 지역에 사용하면, 희귀형 담수 대어 낚시가 가능합니다.

중/소형 해수 대어의 판매가를 상향하였습니다.
- 한 해수 어군에서 일정 횟수 이상 낚시를 성공하면 물고기 때가 흩어지도록 변경하였습니다.
- 해수 어군의 재생성 시간이 단축하였습니다.

각 지역별로 어종이 최대 4~5종으로 간소화하였습니다.
That, is the fishing changes on the oficial server. If you cant read, ill use google translate to you:
[fishing]
We changed the frequency of freshwater fishes to high.
We added 'Red-colored rice bowl' which can be used for fishing with rare freshwater fish.
- You can purchase 5 gold coins from the merchant merchant.
- If you use in areas where fresh water is available, it is possible to fish a rare freshwater fish.
We have raised our sales prices for medium / small seawater.
- If a fish has been fishing for more than a certain number of times, the fish time has been changed.
- Shortened regeneration time for sea fish.
We have simplified the number of fish species to 4 ~ 5 species in each region.
"We have raised our sales prices for medium / small seawater."
And now:
Larceny is in an ok spot, while it is not as strong as it was in 2.9 Larceny was never meant to be one of the proficiencies you would max out, it was meant to be a secondary income
Now, lets list the available proficiencies that MAKE gold.
Im not saying "you get good money", but, "the server creates gold and send you without having to buy/sell from another player" gold.
  1. Selling Stuff in the Merchant (non existant gold. Its a quite small amount)
  2. Fishing (Bad spot ATM, fishes arent worth, not a good amount of spots, too risky)
  3. Lacerny (As you said, thats a secondary skill, and said its in a good spot as it is, hence, its a bad one for gold making. And thats not the first time i've said that, and a lot of other players said that aswell, and so goes on. The majority of the server wants it to change.
    Even if you dont agree, lacerny HEATS AND MOVIMENTS THE ECONOMY with its drops. Even if you dont agree, it does.
    And now, we have a small drop chance, and bla bla bla, noone farms anymore. (Except bots, which have no other way of income))
  4. Commerce (Its a low reward in-continent traderun, but its a solid one that you can keep doing. Still, its not at its best performance, since you have to invest all the reward for a 5% profit, instead of getting it now. (And you have to deal with the 130%- stuff, which makes it even less worth, as it yelds less gold.)
  5. Exploration (Not so many spots, too much risk with pvp, too much labor for the reward the packs give)
So.. In overall, we have 5 ways of generating gold in the server, quests aside.
1 is almost 0 income;
3 are high risk/low reward, and 1 high time/low reward;
And the other one is a secondary one who should not be maxed, hence, having poorer drops, (
Larceny was never meant to be one of the proficiencies you would max out, it was meant to be a secondary income which right now it does that role, larceny again is based on proficiency level, the higher the level, the more chance of certain drops like regrade charms
) (And they dont drop regrade charms, they drop moonpoints/sunpoints, but ill assume thats what you meant). and in that situation, as you have not maxed it, it turns into a non used prof.

"Oh, but if you put too much gold in one prof people will only do that"
No. People will still craft, people will still buy, people will still sell, and will still PvP.
But the prices will get better, as there is more money on the server and more stuff will be sold.
More stuff will be craft, getting the prices lower, cause people will still buy.
And more crafting materials will be sold, getting prices even better, cause people will still craft.

And you can get that drop rate for queens to 100%.
Drop rate of an item is diferent of the drop rate of the item. We want the drop that comes out of the coinpurse, to get higher. Not the drop of the coinpurse itself.
We mean: OPENING THE COINPURSE, not OPENING THE MOB TO GET SOMETHING.

regarding Honor the server has 2x honor rates on everything. It is very easy to farm honor although not instantly, those who not seek honor based events will not get honor as quickly.
Yeah, it has x2 honor. Thats compared to the oficial server. BUT WAIT:
The same is for warriors medals.
I dont recall getting x2 warrior medal each hero call.
I dont recall getting x2 warrior boxes (5-10 warrior medal each) every time i get a quest done.
I dont recall getting x2 warrior medal, as you say with "its the same for warrior medals".
THIS IS NOT THE SAME. ITS DIFFERENT.
IT IS ONLY THE SAME FOR THE OFFICIAL SERVER

Yes it is slow and tedious, but is the point of them, a separate resource that you have to work up slowly in order to get further
Yeah. You are correct, its slow and tedious, and it was suposed to be that way.
And so does everything else was.
Let me explain:
Archeage: ------ ArcheRage:
Labor ---------- x4 labor
Honor ---------- x2 honor
Drop -------- x? drop
Warrior Medal ------- Warrior medal
Get the point?
You dont change everything to get it easier (as honor is, you even said so), and leave something cause it was suposed to be like that.
If thats the case, "something is like that cause its suposed to be like that", then you should use the original files. Not this ones where you change stuff, because changing something, isnt the way its suposed to be.

As Staff have stated before, changes from future versions of archeage will not happen the server is at the same stage.
And i honestly couldnt understand you here. We wont get changes from future versions of archeage cause we are not on that version?
Or we wont have it cause we are at the same stage we started??
And both that excuses arent really good excuses.

The RNG is actually easier than Trino's
And thats a no. RNG is still RNG. They havent improved our chances to do anything. (and comparing to 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5, we have the lowest regrade chances of all times)

If staff make this server easier it will die because everyone will be running in mythic ayanad 2 weeks later LOL
Thats a lie, you know that, and you need to understand that we are NOT trying to get mythic ayanad in 2 weeks, we want a better server. A better server is not getting everyone an mythic ayanad. We are not asking that. You should read it again and understand what i wrote. Its not making it easier, its making it better.

we dont want the game "easier" we want it more fun to play,why someone who swipe can get full epic in 1 week n player who spends daily on the game farming/etc actually playing the game has to progress super slow? u cant compete with whales anyhow except by paying aswell. this is how trino and xlgame version died out,just reduce the p2w model by making Grinding and farming worth your time?i see no reason why should whale who log in daily to only swipe,craft/sell/buyout shits off AH>put more expensive n ruin prices for normal players be superior,the ppl who actually commit their time to play the game should be the ones with the op gears not p2w

Work smarter not harder, someone could be no lifing the game harder than you and have way better gear than you, and can als go the other way around.

Just because you play a game for a really long time doesn't necessarily mean you should have the best gear.

Just have to deal with how the game works, I'm like number 14 on the server and I still want better gear.

Always going to be better geared players than you man, also in this game once you get to a certain threshold of gearscore, it really just comes down to how you play skill wise. I'd say 6000+ which is easily obtainable on this server as a f2p

Thats not true;
Source: https://archeage.gamepedia.com/Fishing
As you can read, its not true.
Even if you say that the gamepedia is using a recent version of the game, anyone who plays the game know that you dont get a flat amount of gold, neither a percentage amount of gold, when delivering fishes at a higher proficiency. You get labor bonus, and XP bonus. As any other prof.
You can deal more damage, with more fishing, and not get more gold per fish, with more prof.
And by the way:
That, is the fishing changes on the oficial server. If you cant read, ill use google translate to you:

"We have raised our sales prices for medium / small seawater."
And now:

Now, lets list the available proficiencies that MAKE gold.
Im not saying "you get good money", but, "the server creates gold and send you without having to buy/sell from another player" gold.
  1. Selling Stuff in the Merchant (non existant gold. Its a quite small amount)
  2. Fishing (Bad spot ATM, fishes arent worth, not a good amount of spots, too risky)
  3. Lacerny (As you said, thats a secondary skill, and said its in a good spot as it is, hence, its a bad one for gold making. And thats not the first time i've said that, and a lot of other players said that aswell, and so goes on. The majority of the server wants it to change.
    Even if you dont agree, lacerny HEATS AND MOVIMENTS THE ECONOMY with its drops. Even if you dont agree, it does.
    And now, we have a small drop chance, and bla bla bla, noone farms anymore. (Except bots, which have no other way of income))
  4. Commerce (Its a low reward in-continent traderun, but its a solid one that you can keep doing. Still, its not at its best performance, since you have to invest all the reward for a 5% profit, instead of getting it now. (And you have to deal with the 130%- stuff, which makes it even less worth, as it yelds less gold.)
  5. Exploration (Not so many spots, too much risk with pvp, too much labor for the reward the packs give)
So.. In overall, we have 5 ways of generating gold in the server, quests aside.
1 is almost 0 income;
3 are high risk/low reward, and 1 high time/low reward;
And the other one is a secondary one who should not be maxed, hence, having poorer drops, (
) (And they dont drop regrade charms, they drop moonpoints/sunpoints, but ill assume thats what you meant). and in that situation, as you have not maxed it, it turns into a non used prof.

"Oh, but if you put too much gold in one prof people will only do that"
No. People will still craft, people will still buy, people will still sell, and will still PvP.
But the prices will get better, as there is more money on the server and more stuff will be sold.
More stuff will be craft, getting the prices lower, cause people will still buy.
And more crafting materials will be sold, getting prices even better, cause people will still craft.

Drop rate of an item is diferent of the drop rate of the item. We want the drop that comes out of the coinpurse, to get higher. Not the drop of the coinpurse itself.
We mean: OPENING THE COINPURSE, not OPENING THE MOB TO GET SOMETHING.

Yeah, it has x2 honor. Thats compared to the oficial server. BUT WAIT:

I dont recall getting x2 warrior medal each hero call.
I dont recall getting x2 warrior boxes (5-10 warrior medal each) every time i get a quest done.
I dont recall getting x2 warrior medal, as you say with "its the same for warrior medals".
THIS IS NOT THE SAME. ITS DIFFERENT.
IT IS ONLY THE SAME FOR THE OFFICIAL SERVER

Yeah. You are correct, its slow and tedious, and it was suposed to be that way.
And so does everything else was.
Let me explain:
Archeage: ------ ArcheRage:
Labor ---------- x4 labor
Honor ---------- x2 honor
Drop -------- x? drop
Warrior Medal ------- Warrior medal
Get the point?
You dont change everything to get it easier (as honor is, you even said so), and leave something cause it was suposed to be like that.
If thats the case, "something is like that cause its suposed to be like that", then you should use the original files. Not this ones where you change stuff, because changing something, isnt the way its suposed to be.

And i honestly couldnt understand you here. We wont get changes from future versions of archeage cause we are not on that version?
Or we wont have it cause we are at the same stage we started??
And both that excuses arent really good excuses.

And thats a no. RNG is still RNG. They havent improved our chances to do anything. (and comparing to 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5, we have the lowest regrade chances of all times)

Thats a lie, you know that, and you need to understand that we are NOT trying to get mythic ayanad in 2 weeks, we want a better server. A better server is not getting everyone an mythic ayanad. We are not asking that. You should read it again and understand what i wrote. Its not making it easier, its making it better.
100% agreed,the medals are pretty annoying to obtain as it was on official,n should be doubled aswell,considering u almost never get more than 5 medals from boxes

100% agreed,the medals are pretty annoying to obtain as it was on official,n should be doubled aswell,considering u almost never get more than 5 medals from boxes
I gotta agree that the drop rate for more than 5 is really low, but i have recive 6 once, so..

Regarding the people talking about pack time changes, this was discussed before and the general consensus was that people were fine with the pack time being at 22 hrs. If there's enough people wanting it I'd recommend making a thread to debate that now that some time has passed since the previous thread.

I would like to see warriors medals becoming more available. Whether it be increasing the amount that are given or adding new dailies that give them out, could be something like the vocation dailies that were added to the Nui's but focused around combat.

Work smarter not harder, someone could be no lifing the game harder than you and have way better gear than you, and can als go the other way around.

Just because you play a game for a really long time doesn't necessarily mean you should have the best gear.

Just have to deal with how the game works, I'm like number 14 on the server and I still want better gear.

Always going to be better geared players than you man, also in this game once you get to a certain threshold of gearscore, it really just comes down to how you play skill wise. I'd say 6000+ which is easily obtainable on this server as a f2p
low 6k gs is as far as we f2p can go, I've been playing for like a mounth and only have 4.8k gs, but is preatty wierd you tell us to work harder or smarter when u are clearly one of the whales ( no offense <3 dad) huehue but its tru, AA is designed to be p2w :^), f2p can get epic obs or divine ayanad, but we cant get legendary + or epic ayanad(gotta swipe for that, but my master card is allegirc to buy credits uheu) only if we are lucky af, but its almost impossible to hit a legendary and dont even get me started on mythics ITS STATISCLY IMPOSSIBLE

Last edited:
low 6k gs is as far as we f2p can go, I've been playing for like a mounth and only have 4.8k gs, but is preatty wierd you tell us to work harder or smarter when u are clearly one of the whales ( no offense <3 dad) huehue but its tru, AA is designed to be p2w :^), f2p can get epic obs or divine ayanad, but we cant get legendary + or epic ayanad(gotta swipe for that, but my master card is allegirc to buy credits uheu) only if we are lucky af, but its almost impossible to hit a legendary and dont even get me started on mythics ITS STATISCLY IMPOSSIBLE

I got my legendary with 1 divine one day, just gotta have balls and go for it. Few days before I broke 6 divines, all luck. Even 6k gs in group PvP is perfectly fine.

Back