What's new

I want to play an AoE farming mage and I need advice

My focus is to PvE since I want to farm purses to make gold.
My other problem is that I have bad gear. I'm sitting around 2400 and running Plate Armur for full Physical Defense

I'll check it out thanks.
And yes i'm running Plate, with Insulating Lens I have 5.1k Physical Defense

Oh sorry.
I'm kinda stuck now. I'm running something like Reventant with 2.5k GS , Full Plate, Heroic buff.
Have about 1.5k gold dunno what do next.

@hksekai

Last edited:
There is no need to aoe farm when you have a good weapon like myself I just fireball/frost arrow and they die in 2-3 hits. I however have currently the best scepter in the game with a divine wave scepter. My theory is the strong you get the faster you are able to make gold through farming but, more gold will be needed for your upgrades.

Oh sorry.
I'm kinda stuck now. I'm running something like Reventant with 2.5k GS , Full Plate, Heroic buff.
Have about 1.5k gold dunno what do next.

@hksekai
Don't spec Rev with your Gear score being that low. You're not going to be pulling full library rooms, or 5+ mobs so Rev isn't a strong option. Arcanist or Demonologist are your better specs for single, or small group pulls of 3 mobs. Fiend's Knell, Baleful Recharge, and Augment Witchcraft are incredibly strong pre-3.0. Abuse the strength in the Witchcraft tree; especially when farming.

Don't spec Rev with your Gear score being that low. You're not going to be pulling full library rooms, or 5+ mobs so Rev isn't a strong option. Arcanist or Demonologist are your better specs for single, or small group pulls of 3 mobs. Fiend's Knell, Baleful Recharge, and Augment Witchcraft are incredibly strong pre-3.0. Abuse the strength in the Witchcraft tree; especially when farming.

What's the minimum GS I need to be safe on Library?

Whatever Arcane+ Auroria plate gives you. The library index's give you defense and attack/spell power. Enervate + Earthen grip will heal you for 4k+ hp, and the Fiend you summon does a good amount of damage, helping you round out the build.

Send me a good Arcanist / Demonologist build if u dont mind.
I've never tried Librady, I need 1 item to get in there right? It's safe for farming alone?

Thank you

Scepter/Shield is is typically better for AOE farming for damage reduction, but a big boy staff (compared to the mobs in question) can work as well in you have a healer or healing combo (such as enervate -> mud hand)

Back