What's new

If you want p2w pls leave and go to trions server

P2W inflates the prices of items due to people (some of) having more disposable in game currency.
Absolutely false in every sense of the word. By adding supply to the market, including secondary currency, you're effectively deflating the economy. People cash because they want the primary currency, which increases the demand of it. Inflation implies that this currency would be getting devalued, which if that were a result of cashing, it means that you can literally buy gold from the item mall.

pretty much, p2w aspect is what killed the game for casuals ( for hardcores, more power for you)
This is also false. Pay2win only does this in extreme cases like on Kritika, but there are other games such as Elsword that are still active despite the overwhelming pay2win model being used. Archeage may be dead on officials for some people, but unless you consider a server that isn't WoW-tier active to be dead, it's still active enough.

Here's something people need to learn: pay2win and pay4convenience are two entirely separate things. The former indicates that eventually a free player will hit a wall that can only be bypassed by either cashing or spending ludicrous amounts of time to make up for not. The latter indicates that players aren't expected to cash at all, but if they do they get a reasonable boost to their gameplay that doesn't overshadow a non-paying player. In this server, we currently have an economy that, even before donations were disabled, a free player could easily earn as much as a casher (assuming the casher wasn't paying in literal hundreds, which is an extreme rarity). This implies that this server is currently pay4convenience which is still going to be followed even if RNG boxes are done the way some of you are afraid of.

Last edited:
I can't believe people are defending p2w. It's sad to see Trino's servers have like 50 players because why? P2w. How can you defend that? Servers with like 100 players. While we see games like runescape striving for many years with no p2w aspect with 50k playerbase Like what.

Absolutely false in every sense of the word. By adding supply to the market, including secondary currency, you're effectively deflating the economy. People cash because they want the primary currency, which increases the demand of it. Inflation implies that this currency would be getting devalued, which if that were a result of cashing, it means that you can literally buy gold from the item mall.

This is also false. Pay2win only does this in extreme cases like on Kritika, but there are other games such as Elsword that are still active despite the overwhelming pay2win model being used. Archeage may be dead on officials for some people, but unless you consider a server that isn't WoW-tier active to be dead, it's still active enough.

Here's something people need to learn: pay2win and pay4convenience are two entirely separate things. The former indicates that eventually a free player will hit a wall that can only be bypassed by either cashing or spending ludicrous amounts of time to make up for not. The latter indicates that players aren't expected to cash at all, but if they do they get a reasonable boost to their gameplay that doesn't overshadow a non-paying player. In this server, we currently have an economy that, even before donations were disabled, a free player could easily earn as much as a casher (assuming the casher wasn't paying in literal hundreds, which is an extreme rarity). This implies that this server is currently pay4convenience which is still going to be followed even if RNG boxes are done the way some of you are afraid of.
...damn, sounds like you really belong in their servers

I can't believe people are defending p2w. It's sad to see Trino's servers have like 50 players because why? P2w. How can you defend that? Servers with like 100 players. While we see games like runescape striving for many years with no p2w aspect with 50k playerbase Like what.
A 5 second google search shows you that they don't have "50 players."
http://steamcharts.com/app/304030

No one is defending pay2win either. People are discrediting that pay2win (read: it's actually pay4convenience) is some sort of actual sin for games to rely on. If you don't have an actual argument as to how the game would become pay2win with luckies in rng boxes (that aren't even untradeable!!!), then it would be in your best interest to not post fallacies like:
...damn, sounds like you really belong in their servers

A 5 second google search shows you that they don't have "50 players."
http://steamcharts.com/app/304030

No one is defending pay2win either. People are discrediting that pay2win (read: it's actually pay4convenience) is some sort of actual sin for games to rely on. If you don't have an actual argument as to how the game would become pay2win with luckies in rng boxes (that aren't even untradeable!!!), then it would be in your best interest to not post fallacies like:
If you can swipe into a machine and get lucky sunpoints and moon points then it automatically translates into faster gear. This isn't a simple pay4convenience this is quite literally pay2progresswayfaster than those who dont pay.

If you can swipe into a machine and get lucky sunpoints and moon points then it automatically translates into faster gear. This isn't a simple pay4convenience this is quite literally pay2progresswayfaster than those who dont pay.
Except for the fact that players will also sell these items. That's what makes it pay4convenience. And again, as I said before, making the gold to buy these things is not hard. In the server's current state it's child's play to buy a lucky within a few day's effort.

Good lord this post.
There will always be whales, no matter what game you play, some of them will be around, so either you should get used to it, or just fn quit and not play another game, I am no where near a whale but I get they are gonna be around. A game, no matter what it is, needs support, it NEEDS some sort of income to keep going, so no matter what there will always be some sort of cash shop. YOU should be happy you dont have to pay for patron, and you get 40 labor regen instead of 10. At least you had the chance to get your own land and start an income instead of having to put money into the game monthly like Trion.
As for the RNG boxes, it would be nice to have lucky moon/sun points but maybe not right now, I think at this time it shouldn't be added into them. It will help the players that can spend the money on the game as I feel they would keep it themselves as they need to up their gear. So, we had other choices I have seen, bosses, purses, braziers. I think these are good ideas, because if you are too lazy to farm purses for them then thats your fault, but at least with purses everyone has a chance to come across their own lucky point. I always thought it was odd that braziers never gave luckys, it would be very interesting to see that too if they could code that into the game. Im all for bosses, purses and/or braziers.
As for seeing someone mention honor/voc that would be interesting too, seeing honor and voc are easy to get, but how much cost would they be for that?

Yeah I like to swipe to get better gear and then kill off people with low gs because of my credit card. I wonder how this scenario winds up. Oh let's look at deadman mode from old school runescape. Streamer swipes for BIS items on day one. Streamer kills game mode in two days. That person was RoT Rend. He and other swipers killed the game population from 1k to 100. No one wants to play a game where a player can buy his end game without putting any effort and then decimating others who put time in only to have lower gear. Literally pay 2 win = pay2progress100x. Remove the cash shop and introduce membership of 10. Literally the best solution instead of pay 2 progress. Let me hit you with this. Runescape 3. I wonder why it's dying because of pay 2 win bullshit and its dumb micros. It's a no brainer why old school with inferior graphics still has a much higher playerbase than runescape 3 because it doesn't have pay 2 win. Cut the bullshit and remove cash shop and implement membership. You guys are soft.

Yeah I like to swipe to get better gear and then kill off people with low gs because of my credit card. I wonder how this scenario winds up. Oh let's look at deadman mode from old school runescape. Streamer swipes for BIS items on day one. Streamer kills game mode in two days. That person was RoT Rend. He and other swipers killed the game population from 1k to 100. No one wants to play a game where a player can buy his end game without putting any effort and then decimating others who put time in only to have lower gear. Literally pay 2 win = pay2progress100x. Remove the cash shop and introduce membership of 10. Literally the best solution instead of pay 2 progress. Let me hit you with this. Runescape 3. I wonder why it's dying because of pay 2 win bullshit and its dumb micros. It's a no brainer why old school with inferior graphics still has a much higher playerbase than runescape 3 because it doesn't have pay 2 win. Cut the bullshit and remove cash shop and implement membership. You guys are soft.

Its a private server, chill out. Go cry to Trion for a sub based game. Even without the cash shop, the whales will still be there. It will do nothing to stop p2w players, its just the way the game is.

People that still complain about this private server are the type of people that will continue to cry until they can kill everyone and no one can kill them.

Its a private server, chill out. Go cry to Trion for a sub based game. Even without the cash shop, the whales will still be there. It will do nothing to stop p2w players, its just the way the game is.

People that still complain about this private server are the type of people that will continue to cry until they can kill everyone and no one can kill them.
And that's why I don't play lul. I already saw the game is dying. Also who here is crying? Maybe you are. Majority of us are spewing facts about the p2w. Know your position

Last edited by a moderator:

Nope were going to add mytic naval cannon drops to RNG boxes Sunday, and add items in the cash shop that you can blow up any quest or guilda star design house so you can place the 3 new 44x44 gold mansions selling for 6666 gems.

Really you keep comparing two different games. the fact is that all games "die" i've been in a large gaming community for many years now who play a large variety game that comes out, 2-3 weeks, that's all any free or pay game lasts no matter how little or much money people can throw at it, all you get is 2-3 weeks and the migratory population moves on to the next game and your left with those who want to keep playing no matter how p2w or f2p it is.

You miss the point, most of us are fine with the current state of the server we just dont want it to become more p2w than it currently is.

Nope were going to add mytic naval cannon drops to RNG boxes Sunday, and add items in the cash shop that you can blow up any quest or guilda star design house so you can place the 3 new 44x44 gold mansions selling for 6666 gems.

Really you keep comparing two different games. the fact is that all games "die" i've been in a large gaming community for many years now who play a large variety game that comes out, 2-3 weeks, that's all any free or pay game lasts no matter how little or much money people can throw at it, all you get is 2-3 weeks and the migratory population moves on to the next game and your left with those who want to keep playing no matter how p2w or f2p it is.
Your sarcasm devalues the points you're trying to make by making you look like a troll..

This is kind of amusing. Archeage was a cash grab from inception not meant to have a long standing life or fulfilling content. It did exactly what it was suppose to; this server will be no different. To make Archeage good it would require making it into something that isn't Archeage, and to do that requires money/time/skills/lots of thinking. Which all boils down to its just less resources to make a P2W cash grab than to make a good game and you'll still make roughly the same profit.

Back