Improved Guild Buff update suggestions

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dear ArcheRagers,

As we mentioned earlier we plan to change custom Improved Guild Buff
Improved Guild Buff (new place).png
to allow players choose from several options the one that will be the best for their playstyle.

Lvl 6 buff.png

So, there will be 5 sets of stats for 5 types:
- Warrior
- Defender
- Ranger
- Mage
- Healer

We'll be glad to hear your stats suggestions.

So, you need to post:
1. Type.
2. Stats set you suggest for that type.

Are we suggesting eight stats as the original one has eight?

Type: healer

Stats:
1. toughness
2. resilience
3. healing %
4. healing skill damage
5. heal crit rate
6. received damage reduction
7. received healing
8. max health

(edit: my first thoughts)

Warrior type:
Critical damage %
Critical rate %
Defense penetration
Melee skill dmg %
melee attack
cast time reduction
Move speed %
attack speed
Footnote for this idea in general I think its really good, but it would be cool to see these be viable for both types of crit damage and def pen builds. That way everyone can have their fun. I.E warrior crit/warrior def pen. Or just adding both into the above consideration would be good? To be honest you should clarify how this is going to work as this post is very vague.

Last edited:
If there will be 5 categories specifically tailored to each type of class the stat values need to be lower or some of the stat lines need to be generic small buffs like "movespeed", "glide speed", "Swim speed" or "increased honor/vocation". Having 8 lines of stats that work perfectly for a class in pvp seems too strong if not tuned down.

Melee
Critical rate %
Defense penetration
received damage reduction
backstab melee dmg %
max health
Melee skill dmg

Last edited:
If there will be 5 categories specifically tailored to each type of class the stat values need to be lower or some of the stat lines need to be generic small buffs like "movespeed", "glide speed", "Swim speed" or "increased honor/vocation". Having 8 lines of stats that work perfectly for a class in pvp seems too strong if not tuned down.

Yea I put 4 generic stats in off the top of my head, those could be copied to the rest - but idk about the ones you suggested? they are part of the other guild buffs?

Type: Defender

Stats:
Resilience
Toughness
Received Healing
Received Melee %
Received Ranged %
Received Magic %
Max Health
Move Speed
Shield Block Rate %

Type: Ranger

Move Speed
Ranged Crit Rate
Ranged Crit Dmg
Ranged Skill Damage
Defense Penetration
Received Damage Reduction
Attack Speed

Keep it simple and don't repeat your massive past mistake of adding damage reduction to any of the buffs. Everyone benefits from flat attack/healing power in both PvP and PvE scenarios, whether they are critical damage or defense penetration.

Defender should be a buff that gives something actually specific to defenders (users with shields), not just a generic tanky buff that players can spec on any class to get more defensive stats, so stay far away from things like physical or magical defense, toughness, resilience, damage reduction, pve damage reduction, debuff reduction, max hp/stamina, etc. unless you are going to add it equally to every buff.

Warrior
Melee attack: 5 - 40 scaling on level
Move speed: same amount and scaling as old buff
Received healing: same amount and scaling as old buff
Honor gain: same amount and scaling as old buff
Attack speed: 5 - 40 scaling on level
Cast time: .5% - 4% scaling on level

Defender
Block rate: 2% - 6% scaling on level

Ranger
Ranged attack: 5 - 40 scaling on level

Mage
Magic attack: 5 - 40 scaling on level

Healer
Healing power: 5 - 40 scaling on level

Last edited:
Type: Mage
1. Attack speed
2. Cast Time
3. Magic skill damage
4. Magic Crit Rate
5. Magic Defense Pen
6. Resilience
7. Toughness
8. Received healing

I don't think it's a problem that other guild buffs include some of the stats. If we can't choose stats that are in the guild buff system, that is a lot of stats that we couldn't include. This buff is for guild level, the other buffs are chosen one by one based on your prestige accumulation rate. Prioritizing main stats like "Stamina/Spirit/Str/Int" and "Melee/Magic/RangedAttk/HealingPower" also benefits all types of builds without needing to add both crit damage AND def pen for example

mage :

1. Magic critical rate
2. magic skill damage
3. magic critical damage
4. magic defence penetration
5. received damage
6. cast time
7. attack speed
8. move speed

Type: Healer

1. Healing %
2. Received Damage Reduction
3. Critical Heal Bonus
4. Healing Power
5. Received Healing %
6. Resilience
7. Toughness
8. Max Health

I'm not saying 8 buffs, but that would be my priority order

If we can't choose stats that are in the guild buff system, that is a lot of stats that we couldn't include.

I mean, I chose one, but to have them nearly half seems a bit redundant maybe, and might make people not even invest in the other buffs at all? Just thinking out loud here

My idea Would be to make it a bit different from what it has been while still giving people the option to play the way they want.
Meaning We could Give Each class Damage/Healing Bonuses but no Defensive Buffs, So that Only Defender has the option to take Defensive buffs like Damage Reduction, Toughness, Resilience ect.
That would mean that if people want to play Any Class, but would rather have Defensive Buffs instead of the Offensive once they could pick Defender.

As an example:

Type:
Mage/Ranger/Warrior

Move Speed
Crit Rate
Crit Dmg
Skill Damage
Magic Defense Penetration/Defense Penetration

Move Speed
Crit Heal Rate
Crit Heal Bonus
Healing %
Received Healing

Move Speed
Toughness
Resilience
Max Health

My idea Would be to make it a bit different from what it has been while still giving people the option to play the way they want.
Meaning We could Give Each class Damage/Healing Bonuses but no Defensive Buffs, So that Only Defender has the option to take Defensive buffs like Damage Reduction, Toughness, Resilience ect.
That would mean that if people want to play Any Class, but would rather have Defensive Buffs instead of the Offensive once they could pick Defender.

As an example:

Type:
Mage/Ranger/Warrior

Move Speed
Crit Rate
Crit Dmg
Skill Damage

Move Speed
Crit Heal Rate
Crit Heal Bonus
Healing %
Received Healing

Move Speed
Toughness
Resilience
Max Health
Makes sense tbh ngl.
It's a decent idea

As an example:

Type:
Mage/Ranger/Warrior

Move Speed
Crit Rate
Crit Dmg
Skill Damage

Move Speed
Crit Heal Rate
Crit Heal Bonus
Healing %
Received Healing

Move Speed
Toughness
Resilience
Max Health
this makes the most sense

As an example:

Type:
Mage/Ranger/Warrior

Move Speed
Crit Rate
Crit Dmg
Skill Damage

Move Speed
Crit Heal Rate
Crit Heal Bonus
Healing %
Received Healing

Move Speed
Toughness
Resilience
Max Health

Well thought out actually, and then the generic stats discussed above are just the default guild buffs we can unlock.

Back