What's new

Increase the health of Freighters

Currently one of the most used vehicles in the game that has been around since the beginning, the Freighter, is one of the few vehicles that has not seen a current update. The HP that a Freighter has is 10k. This number has not been changed or updated as of recent patches while the gear and weapons that players have collected has increased exponentially in comparison. This allows players to break a freighter/hauler for it's packs with ease.

My suggestion is to have the ability to "upgrade" the freighter to just higher HP overall in order to increase sustain. Can be done the same way that Carts are currently upgraded just add another upgrade path that the freighter can get with credits.

The new total HP of the Freighter should be 20k-25k making it twice as hard to kill but not unfeasible to manage.

Increasing the hp sounds like a good plan to me. Kiwi's reasoning is fair.

In addition, I would love that car version of the captain's intuition to be added as a skill to all types (cart, wagon, hauler, freighter), to have a short time that players cannot be debuffed off their vehicles and that people don't fall over so fast. Think it'll give lower gs and/or an outnumbered person a fair chance to attempt to get to safety, or to delay the attackers to get help.

Not exactly opposed to the idea, but it will affect lower geared players significantly more than it does higher geared players.
Once a lowbie dies and their cart is destroyed it'll just make it harder for them to get their packs back. Because lets be real, doubling the HP of a vehicle isnt going to make the slightest difference to someone who's killing it in a couple strikes anyway. So it wont change the initial outcome, just the chances of the lower geared getting their stuff back.

Back