What's new

Is it possible that housing zone pvp can be turned back on?

Housing pvp, good or bad?

• Yes please!

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • No.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codad

Legit question! I know that it seemed to a be a thing that could be turned on or off in earlier versions of Archeage, at least that was my understanding of the debates back during the days of the 2.0 launch.

I think if it's possible, that it would be a fresh breath of life for pvp outside of world content.

What are other people's opinions about it?

Any cool stories about your experiences with housing pvp in pre 2.0?

B1w17xK.jpg

*lol seizure* (did not make that sign but you get the point ^~^)

Been suggested before. They decided not to do so as people farming aren't actively looking for PvP and this only leads to gank squads killing people not interested in fighting right now.

I agree, adding safe zone housing restricted an entire aspect of pvp. I am sure no one wants to be camped while trying to plant their farms but on the other hand you shouldn't be able to run 90% of a trade run through conflict zone perfectly safe just by going through housing. What is the point of having conflict zones if a large portion of it is housing and safe.

There are zones that don't allow PvP at all, and people can farm there if they don't want to be interrupted. I like it when Windscour and places like that go through stages of conflict and during War you can PvP in housing areas, but at other times you can't. That seems like a good compromise.

I agree, adding safe zone housing restricted an entire aspect of pvp. I am sure no one wants to be camped while trying to plant their farms but on the other hand you shouldn't be able to run 90% of a trade run through conflict zone perfectly safe just by going through housing. What is the point of having conflict zones if a large portion of it is housing and safe.

This.

While I do understand that there are plenty of people that just like farming and such, I think the amount of gold that can be produced from 100% safe zones like Falc/Arcum or west equivalent zones makes up for that. Adding safe zones to housing areas that are already in conflict never made sense when safe zone gold potential is just as good as conflict zones.

Those zones were originally intended to be higher risk/higher reward for running packs and occupying them.

Been suggested before. They decided not to do so as people farming aren't actively looking for PvP and this only leads to gank squads killing people not interested in fighting right now.
There are plenty of activities in this game where people aren't actively looking to PvP where they are subjected to it. Take merch runs for example; almost every single person running a merch is going to actively attempt to avoid PvP. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to be PK'd.

There will be other improvements to pvp not related to housing zones.
Do not worry, you will have a chance to pvp almost constantly :)

PVP in housing zones is not something that is even being considered at this time. As Ryuzaki says, new content coming very soon is going to promote a lot of PVP.

There are plenty of activities in this game where people aren't actively looking to PvP where they are subjected to it. Take merch runs for example; almost every single person running a merch is going to actively attempt to avoid PvP. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to be PK'd.

Merch runs are completely different topic. Merch runs are dangerous for risk/reward and involve going into areas that aren't designated to be safe.

The difference in opinions are due to multiple perspectives. Some people just wish to farm their land and aren't trying to PvP. They consider it griefing if you keep killing them since they have no intention or desire to fight back . Some others will try to take advantage of the safety and use the safe housing zones to move packs to help improve safety. Some people are thirsty for kills and will prey on people just farming land, especially if they have intent to flip the zone. Some are upset they cant mess with the pack runners that use the safety to their advantage. And finally the rest just don't care.

We have a mix of people and the reason it is the way it is currently it to not discourage players. If it means some land routes have a few smaller stretches of safety in conflict zones, so be it as it protects the gameplay from reaching a level of being to harsh. They put warnings not to drink bleach because someone did it before, they protected these areas because people griefed some players to the point of where devs had to step in. Yes its limiting in a small portion of freedom but its meant to protect players that just want to farm or become targets of focused harassment.

If you really want to PvP, you should be looking how to fight more people also looking to PvP. The Hasla changes should make for another PvP outlet. i believe this is what the forum mods are saying is in the works and I believe it is a much better change to encourage PvP upon willing participants, which will always be the best type of PvP IMO.

This was the single, most retarded change made to the game by XLGames.

People who want to farm in peace should simply stick to peaceful zones. That's already more than half the base continents, with more peaceful zones to be included with 3.0.

PvP zones are PvP zones. We never needed housing to become large Nui areas where everybody is protected.

This was the single, most retarded change made to the game by XLGames.

People who want to farm in peace should simply stick to peaceful zones. That's already more than half the base continents, with more peaceful zones to be included with 3.0.

PvP zones are PvP zones. We never needed housing to become large Nui areas where everybody is protected.

It's more or less how I feel about it. My roots in MMO's are with smallscale pvp. Housing zones more or less function like gang territories and for some guilds, those zones and territory were just as meaningful as castles are to larger guilds.

I probably have a dozen or so stories from amazing small fights that sparked up over pack and turf fighting from the original launch days.

Either way though, if the Hasla rumors are true:

23blc9.jpg

xl made this change for a reason. All regions were bleeding carebears and the price of mats/pots skyrocketed as carebears left the game. There will be no changes made to farming zones at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back