What's new

Jason Wivart's ArcheRage review - Completely unfounded stupidity

Cannibal

Hi all,

I'm not sure if you're aware of Jason Wivart. He's done a lot of useful videos about Archeage in the past and as Archeage Youtubers go he's been one of the best in my eyes;

Until today.

He posted a video this morning (I'm not going to link it because it doesn't deserve views even for a downvote) but feel free to look him up, where he's utterly slaterd ArcheRage, the developers, Admin team and even @Krowley and nobody slanders my man!

1) Stated that the game is fully Pay to Win because people have such high gearscores - Failing to take into account the much higher XP rates, higher drop rates of gear, much higher labor regeneration so the rate of gear aquisition is probably akin to the server being up for at least 3x longer than it has. But of course he's never played it, and screamed P2W, there are definitely P2W aspects and the Admins were very transparent when it came to talking about this but of course he's not paid attention to that. He's taken it upon himself to claim we were all deceived.

2) Stated that hacking is prevelant and that 'February' the top player on our server has been banned for it because he's not on the hi-scores... Except it's more likely they've just removed their gear so they're not on the leaderboards and his accusation is purely speculation. He belives (Despite not even playing the server) that there are hackers running free and dominating the game with absolutely zero knowledge of the banning process, all the recording and screenshots the players have provided and the actual bans that are coming from them. Maybe he needs to read one of the 5 "I go ban no reazon" posts we see here day in day out.

3) Stated there had been a MASSIVE CASTLE TRAVESTY where we all expected them on the 12th and were deceived as they changed it to the 19th... except this was explained to us all like a week before and it was a non-issue, the admins did tell us when they were due but obviously he's not got any sources for him claims and hasn't been on the forums. Oh! And to add insult to injury he claims that the only guild ready to take a castle who'd prepared in advance just so hapenned to have a moderator in it, how suspicious.

The dumb gimp. @Krowley was in <Wanted> before castles were available and he's a FORUM MODERATOR, HE HAS NO IMPACT ON THE ACTUAL GAME. Jesus.

There are other point he made but screw his stupid, baseless unfounded declerations of something he's had no experience with, I wonder how much TRION has paid him after their 'Strong legal action' hasn't even been heard of since declaring it.

Feel free to let him know he's an idiot, as of posting this his video had 4 upvotes and over 30 downvotes. Maybe he's trying to challenge EA on the most dissaproved statement of the week.

Have fun

Cannibal

with the exception of bots running rampant the rest is false, bots are and have been running around you kill 1 and 3 more pop up like a hydra head. best we can do is hope the new hackshield helps.

Also a good portion of the bans is coming from people trying to install the FOV mod which is allowed but when they install it wrong the system flags it for file editing and autobans you.

I can dream harold!

I saw your comment on it too, everywhere Archeage related I go on the internet I see your name :D
Do you see my name or am I meme and do you see my meme?
Mikroman is not a smart guy, but he is very enthusiastic. :D

Do you see my name or am I meme and do you see my meme?
Mikroman is not a smart guy, but he is very enthusiastic. :D
No, you're actual name! Like on Reddit on a server discussion thread and on Youtube videos about ArcheRage too!

He can salt all he wants, doesn't make him any more intelligent on the issue. <Wanted> was not ready for a castle, and everyone in it will tell you that. We can certainly larp like we were, but I tell everyone in my guild the same thing I tell people here, and always after I tell people here.

If he's not enjoying the game, he's free to go back to Trion ArcheAge. I won't stop him or be mad about it.

On the points:
1. The game is fully p2w? I mean, if you're RMTing gear, sure. Be prepared to lose that gear. You know who you are. We do too. As for the cash shop, 100 dollars gets you 25k credits. That is 250 RNG boxes. 100 credits sold for around 10G each when cash shop was open. I could buy 10000 credits a day just by coinpurse farming. P2W? 50 dollars a day I earned in game when using a credits to gold ratio. Yeah, you can super whale the game, but it's not even worth it, and only four or so people are doing just that.

2. To my knowledge, February isn't banned. Hacking is prevalent, I won't deny that claim. The admins are banning them as fast as they can, but edgelord tweens keep making accounts to sabotage everyone else's fun.. And make some money selling to the RMTers. There is a reason a new anti-hack is in development, cheaters should be scared. When you take the game away from the players by making their hard earned gameplay worthless through botting and hacking, or by buying those goods, we're going to come after you.

3. I can't help that my guild leader is naturally distrusting of everything, and knows exactly how castle claims worked on live. But at the same time, we were not even close to being ready, as most of our members were off doing their own thing when TMAC got on discord saying "castles are up guys!!" We were ready at 4pm est, but at 7pm est we had our pants down entirely. That mistake won't be made again.

Side note: a good portion of the bans are coming from people altering texture files, hacking, alting, and botting. Not installing FoV mod. I'm so tired of hearing that fairytale it's maddening.

Side note: a good portion of the bans are coming from people altering texture files, hacking, alting, and botting. Not installing FoV mod. I'm so tired of hearing that fairytale it's maddening.

Sadly we can't see the list of banned people and for the reasons for which they were banned, not saying we should, but that does lead to people making up fairytale while their board waiting for a green to come past them so they can purple on them like some ugly purple spider thing!

Who cares? This guy is a nobody and barely gets any views to begin with. The only people who view his videos are those who think Trion is the greatest company ever.

He's making a review by saying the server is p2w and shit, but forgets to mention the free patron, x5 exp and increased labor regen. lol what a joke.

He's saying it's bad that everyone already has high gear score.
Like we're supposed to take 5 months of mindless gold grinding to get geared.

This shits a joke. I'm sorry I even went there to thumbs down and gave it a view. Pointing out valid complaints in anything is fine but this is laughable.

It's not as bad as you think. Uzi is right 'any publicity is good publicity'.

By making a video about ArcheRage (even a negative one) he has inadvertently advertised the server :D.

He can salt all he wants, doesn't make him any more intelligent on the issue. <Wanted> was not ready for a castle, and everyone in it will tell you that. We can certainly larp like we were, but I tell everyone in my guild the same thing I tell people here, and always after I tell people here.

If he's not enjoying the game, he's free to go back to Trion ArcheAge. I won't stop him or be mad about it.

On the points:
1. The game is fully p2w? I mean, if you're RMTing gear, sure. Be prepared to lose that gear. You know who you are. We do too. As for the cash shop, 100 dollars gets you 25k credits. That is 250 RNG boxes. 100 credits sold for around 10G each when cash shop was open. I could buy 10000 credits a day just by coinpurse farming. P2W? 50 dollars a day I earned in game when using a credits to gold ratio. Yeah, you can super whale the game, but it's not even worth it, and only four or so people are doing just that.

2. To my knowledge, February isn't banned. Hacking is prevalent, I won't deny that claim. The admins are banning them as fast as they can, but edgelord tweens keep making accounts to sabotage everyone else's fun.. And make some money selling to the RMTers. There is a reason a new anti-hack is in development, cheaters should be scared. When you take the game away from the players by making their hard earned gameplay worthless through botting and hacking, or by buying those goods, we're going to come after you.

3. I can't help that my guild leader is naturally distrusting of everything, and knows exactly how castle claims worked on live. But at the same time, we were not even close to being ready, as most of our members were off doing their own thing when TMAC got on discord saying "castles are up guys!!" We were ready at 4pm est, but at 7pm est we had our pants down entirely. That mistake won't be made again.

Question/clarification though. As one of the propagators of this fairy tale, I can confirm now it was not the FOV mod itself, but the FOV mod did fuck up purp's game and he had to go into the system.cfg to fix it. The admins are saying system.cfg is inaccessible and bannable... but do they not realize it's in your documents under your game folder??? Lol and it shouldn't be bannable its supposed to be there so when you can't even get into the game to fix a graphics issue ( I had one where changing the game to run into DX9 wouldn't let me launch it so I get to go into the system.cfg to change it back to DX11). How is editing texture files considered cheating? To my knowledge, other than using a 3rd party program, deleting a texture file would then be redownloaded upon opening of the launcher.. I think a lot of people aren't getting banned FOR the FOV mod, but rather trying to fix the problem... in ways that shouldn't be bannable... I dunno. I'm sorta techy, I can fix most issues myself. It would be nice to know what files in our documents folder will get us banned xD because THAT is what actually happened. We've been bugging you guys (the mods) for weeks trying to figure this out. I assure you, no REAL cheating happened. Files were removed to fix an issue caused by the FOV mod.

Edit: I am wrong no files were even deleted in his documents. The values were changed from 4 to 1. That means very high to low. That's the REAL reason why Lilpurp is banned. My question now is 110% why the fuck?? Have the devs ever touched coding in their life?? That's literally accessible IN GAME why is this bannable? Lol

Last edited:
Back