What's new

Kraken

What should happen with kraken?

• Kraken should despawn after 3 hours.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Kraken should lose maximum hp every hour that it's up.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing should change.

Votes: 46 50.0%
  • I have a different idea.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kraken should despawn after an agreed upon amount of hours.

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters
I don't understand why people say things like a despawn timer would hurt the market for kraken drops... There is no market for kraken drops as the drops don't go outside of the group it goes to. I do agree though that making it more susceptible to siege damage is a good alternative.

Demand is larger than the supply, and therefore the external market of the Ink Sac is priceless outside of the factions that can compete with it, but eventually people will stop needing them. It won't be in the next Kraken, it won't be in the next 30, but eventually it won't be needed in-house, meaning (theoretically) eventually there will be a stockpile of them. There's no use having a stockpile of the item but there will always be a use for more gold.

Sadly the only way kraken ink sacs enter the market currently is with the current system. Change its spawn timer/window and it stops dying.

What needs to change is peoples efficiency at the boss.

Basically.... Git gud.

Edit- only thing that should and/or could change is the amount of ink sacs that drop on a kill.

Last edited:
DJLePrL.jpg

Demand is larger than the supply, and therefore the external market of the Ink Sac is priceless outside of the factions that can compete with it, but eventually people will stop needing them. It won't be in the next Kraken, it won't be in the next 30, but eventually it won't be needed in-house, meaning (theoretically) eventually there will be a stockpile of them. There's no use having a stockpile of the item but there will always be a use for more gold.

Every group is constantly gaining new members that need/want kraken drops, It'll be a very long time before one side has an abundance of kraken drops where they start selling outside of their group.

EU Privilege guys
I forgot that there were only NA and EU players that exist, everywhere else in the world is region blocked. I completely forgot about that mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:
You slander every person in this thread who shares their input which isn't similar to what you agree on, it's pretty funny ngl. Like, look at Inus responses. He knows how to give constructive criticism and backs it up with actual sense and facts and doesn't go around and insults everyone who he doesn't agree with.

Last edited:
You slander every person in this thread who shares their input which isn't similar to what you agree on, it's pretty funny ngl. I mean if you don't know how to hold an argument with someone, then just throw around with insults, right ?
Take some lessons from Inus. He knows how to give constructive criticism and backs it up with actual sense and facts.
Not sure if you've just skimmed over every post or if you're just blatantly ignoring everything and seeing just what you want to see, but I don't slander people just because they disagree with me. If you post a stupid response, I'm going to respond to you like you're stupid. Look at my conversation with flipsy for example. I'm still not sure why you're trying to be apart of a conversation about something that you don't participate in.

Every group is constantly gaining new members that need/want kraken drops, It'll be a very long time before one side has an abundance of kraken drops where they start selling outside of their group.

True, but by that logic, then the demand is increasing, while the current system would ensure supply at BEST stays the same...which is bad, with the commodity further increasing in value (which is weird because it theoretically is priceless). Best way to make sure it stops being a pipe dream is to increase the frequency of kraken dying in the first place

I forgot that there were only NA and EU players that exist, everywhere else in the world is region blocked. I completely forgot about that mechanic. I'm not sure why someone with a room temperature IQ is even trying to argue.

You need to stop crying about how people asked Kraken to be after 3.5, just because you've lost a couple to some stinky pirates that have far higher stamina than you do.

The 12 hour despawn was asked for by players, it was changed from the 3 hour default, a week into 3.5 it was 3 hours and look how that turned out.

I honestly don't care for kraken, winning it just adds some ego boost and to laugh at your tears, and if that takes 8 hours then it's worth it just to see more forum posts like this.

You need to stop crying about how people asked Kraken to be after 3.5, just because you've lost a couple to some stinky pirates that have far higher stamina than you do.

The 12 hour despawn was asked for by players, it was changed from the 3 hour default, a week into 3.5 it was 3 hours and look how that turned out.

I honestly don't care for kraken, winning it just adds some ego boost and to laugh at your tears, and if that takes 8 hours then it's worth it just to see more forum posts like this.

Lol all of this is just wrong and made up. It was decided it would be 24 hours before 3.5 was even released (not sure where you got 12 hours from). Nobody asked for it to be 24 hours. Nice try though.

Last edited:
I think the respawn time should be 3-5 hours, but also make it so that it spawns in a random location. Make the factions go looking for the thing.

@Ade and @Vinchino You both need to stay on topic. Don't turn a discussion into the exchange of insults.
The last page of you both exchanging the insults is going to be moderated and removed. Make sure to avoid it, otherwise, we'll have to close the discussion.

See what you've done Vonchoni, you just couldn't help yourself... and now we get moderated. Yikes. This is what happens when you let salt take control.

crying.jpg

Back