What's new

Looking for Hexblade Armour advice

Cannibal

On the first server I was on I ran 4 Flame/3 Obsidian, but as it stands there's very little armour circulating since we're all focusing on our weapons.

What I want to know is what's a decent path to follow for some immediate improvements? I'm aiming for T4 Obsidian sword and T4 V1 shield with full Leather for the meantime so i've got decent mixed defence and i'll be aiming for some Melee damage as well.

Now ideally i'd go something like 3 Obsidian 4 Earth/Desert depending on how bad my damage is, but as it stands my choices are Full Obsidian Leather (Expensive and will take a while) or Auroria Leather (Don't really want to commit to getting it to celestial at the moment, plus it's Agility/Stam not Strength which just isn't as useful for me as far as i'm aware).

Does anyone have any advice for me? I'm running 3 piece Auroria Beldam already and i'd consider filling the other pieces with Obsidian but until T4 it gives Str/Vit/Agi which isn't massively helpful for me.

If you know it will take awhile to gear how you wish...you should go directly for the short-term. Gear to the best of your ability to get or stay ahead of the curve then use your advantage to continue farming for your preferred set. So basically if you can afford to get Unique buff Auroria set you will be fine for awhile and dominate the darkrunner population.

Weapons are the most important for efficient farming but if you doing traderuns or whatever...you can buff up and solo 3 gankers no problem. Are you trying for crafted or obsidian? Do you plan to change specs down the road?

If you know it will take awhile to gear how you wish...you should go directly for the short-term. Gear to the best of your ability to get or stay ahead of the curve then use your advantage to continue farming for your preferred set. So basically if you can afford to get Unique buff Auroria set you will be fine for awhile and dominate the darkrunner population.

Weapons are the most important for efficient farming but if you doing traderuns or whatever...you can buff up and solo 3 gankers no problem. Are you trying for crafted or obsidian? Do you plan to change specs down the road?
See that's my problem though, it's only Auroria plate that gives the stats I need and I really don't want to waste money getting it to Heroic when I want Leather with a T1 shield anyway. If the leather was just Str/Stam i'd get that and upgrade it in a heartbeat, but it's not.

I'm not looking to change specs, I have a T3 celestial Sword and T2 Celestial shield for now I may one day go Stone Arrow for fun if I get hold of a bow, and I switch between Blighter for farming but for now I want to get some armour. I mean I could always get the Auroria leather Heroic, but then at Auroria level i'll get slapped about by DR's because it's not strong enough.

Search the AH for the plate pieces that give you bonuses ...buy them at grand or above if they are cheap. What are you doing for gold? You will have to take the hit in stats until you get the gear set you are trying for its ok no big deal. Just get the plate gear that give bonuses to BR, Def, WC that you see yourself using the most. Take it to Heroic which won't be that expensive but it's cheaper to buy directly from AH so the higher tier the better...if you see a Arcane or Heroic piece for 30g snatch it up.

If you don't have a shield I would even say check for a high tier Lost Garden or run GHA for the shield. You have to start somewhere otherwise you will constantly be looking for a quick way...those immortal hexblades and abolishers had to start from somewhere. If you want a little edge over the competition if you do your daily arena sparring matches, mistmerrow, GR, CR, Luscas....almost everything gives honor..you will have more than enough to run a toughness pot to compensate while you gear up.

Pick up crafting yourself and if you don't have labor stipend you should since they cost roughly 50g. Spam craft pelts, level all classes to 55, and start attempting to either make gold from selling excess mana wisps or converting them to upgradable pieces using machining. The armor set starts coming together then after a month or less you are where you want to be.

Search the AH for the plate pieces that give you bonuses ...buy them at grand or above if they are cheap. What are you doing for gold? You will have to take the hit in stats until you get the gear set you are trying for its ok no big deal. Just get the plate gear that give bonuses to BR, Def, WC that you see yourself using the most. Take it to Heroic which won't be that expensive but it's cheaper to buy directly from AH so the higher tier the better...if you see a Arcane or Heroic piece for 30g snatch it up.

If you don't have a shield I would even say check for a high tier Lost Garden or run GHA for the shield. You have to start somewhere otherwise you will constantly be looking for a quick way...those immortal hexblades and abolishers had to start from somewhere. If you want a little edge over the competition if you do your daily arena sparring matches, mistmerrow, GR, CR, Luscas....almost everything gives honor..you will have more than enough to run a toughness pot to compensate while you gear up.

Pick up crafting yourself and if you don't have labor stipend you should since they cost roughly 50g. Spam craft pelts, level all classes to 55, and start attempting to either make gold from selling excess mana wisps or converting them to upgradable pieces using machining. The armor set starts coming together then after a month or less you are where you want to be.

Sorry mate I think you're missing the point a little bit, I have full Auroria plate at Rare but I don't want to invest in getting it to Heroic because I want to be a Leather tank, but I don't really get the stats off Leather until I get Obsidian T4 which is a while away. I already have a Celestial T2 shield and i'll have the mats for a T3 tonight, it's just the Leather Armour i'm interested in, my Gearscore is about 3k at the moment.

Why would you suggest spamming pelts? I farm purses and have land and go on runs with the guild atm for money it just doesn't bring in enough to get T4 obsidian leather yet. The only issue I ahve with Aurorian Leather is that it gives agil and the Plate I have is better, is there no stepping stone before T4 obsidian leather?

No, you have to keep making gold and then go into leather...or go leather now and tier up base obsidian since the tier carries over with the upgrades. Basically I guess if you want to go leather in the end...get the leather pieces you want to the tier you would like for them to be and upgrade them over time. Get T4 chest and pants first to celest/divine for the gems and the rest overtime. You'd have to take the hit in stats so you not working backwards, unless you watch the AH for random leather pieces with the stats you want but you will still move forward after awhile.

Spamming pelts to leather was for leveling leatherworking and turning the illustrious gear into wisps or if you get a desert/earth piece keep for yourself.

Back