What's new

Lords coin kill quest change (Poll)

Should the castle hunting orders (kill quests) reward be changed from 50 pence -> 100 pence?

• Yes

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Hazelnut

So I'm pretty sure that you guys are aware that there is a bit of a lords coin shortage, people are always wanting to buy them but not many people are selling, low supply, high demand. 3.5 is going to come soon and that's going to increase the demand even more for lords coins since they are needed for erenor gear. I was looking at the various ways for people to make lords coins and found a very typical trend. Nobody ever takes the kill quest on the territory farms because it's too much work for too little gain. You have to kill around 50 mobs just to get half a lords coin. I've been trying to do castle work for awhile now, and I find it to be increasingly difficult to find castle work other than the kill quest because the castles are basically crowded with people trying to find work as well, and even then, there's still a shortage for lords coins.

TLDR - T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶r̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ , The kill quest should have a better incentive behind it

My suggestion: Well nobody takes the kill quest, why not just change it so that people have incentive to take the quest? Simply change the reward of the quest from 50 lords pence to 100 lords pence. (100 lords pence = 1 lords coin)

Edit: There is not a lords coin shortage, but even still, the kill quest reward should probably be increased

Last edited:
There is 100% not a lord coin shortage. Everyone who has them are waiting for 3.5 to make more money from them. People need to either decide the want them and pay more to get people to sell, or do the quests themselves. You can easily make 5 coins a day with all your character slots.

Alright I can agree with that, I am wrong about lord coin shortage. But if we take that point away and just say that the kill quest is too much work for too little gain, would that be something to be agreed upon? and if so, do you think it would be reasonable to request a change for it? I apologize again for being wrong.

There is 100% not a lord coin shortage. Everyone who has them are waiting for 3.5 to make more money from them. People need to either decide the want them and pay more to get people to sell, or do the quests themselves. You can easily make 5 coins a day with all your character slots.

Numerically there may not be a shortage, but if you go from 100 people having 1 coin each to 2 people having 50 coins each, you still have a shortage of supply routes. If the same group of people are making 5+ coins a day with their alts, they're reducing the number of coins available to the supply totals to either hoard or have a hold on the market. Couple that with the groups of people going around uprooting trees and you...kind of do have a shortage.

Numerically there may not be a shortage, but if you go from 100 people having 1 coin each to 2 people having 50 coins each, you still have a shortage of supply routes. If the same group of people are making 5+ coins a day with their alts, they're reducing the number of coins available to the supply totals to either hoard or have a hold on the market. Couple that with the groups of people going around uprooting trees and you...kind of do have a shortage.
I miself wont cast mi vote for this because i said earlier there are ppl with hundreds of lc because they want to sell them for to much more also crowded ppl are alwais in there for 2 reasons atlest thats in mi opinion .First reason it is because some ppl are using alts to make 5 lc per day if 10 ppl are doing that well ?.Second it is because even if that server is an american server base on time still there are mani european playng in here so some can ghet work from a castle when other players are off and viceversa there will never be enough work for evrione it is simple mani players come with the experience from the oficial server abd they know what to do in order to take advantage of something.what is hapening now is onli gredy.

Last edited:
I miself wont cast mi vote for this because i said earlier there are ppl with hundreds of lc because they want to sell them for to much more also crowded ppl are alwais in there for 2 reasons atlest thats in mi opinion .First reason it is because some ppl are using alts to make 5 lc per day if 10 ppl are doing that well ?.Second it is because even if that server is an american server base on time still there are mani european playng in here so some can ghet work from a castle when other players are off and viceversa there will never be enough work for evrione it is simple mani players come with the experience from the oficial server abd they know what to do in order to take advantage of something.what is hapening now is onli gredy.
Well my point is, is it reasonable for a quest to kill 50 mobs to only give 50 pence when you could plant 5 trees which takes 0 effort to give 100 pence? I'm just trying to point out the fact that this specific quest seems unbalanced comparative to the other ways to get lords coins, not to take advantage of game mechanics.

Last edited:
I honestly think all the quests are fine as is. If you start adjusting the values, where does it stop? Do we give people 1 coin per tree because they are constantly uprooted? I personally think the quests are balanced well with the amount of effort you do to the amount of pence you receive. If there arent enough farms to get the quest you want, maybe try asking the castle owners for more farms.

I honestly think all the quests are fine as is. If you start adjusting the values, where does it stop? Do we give people 1 coin per tree because they are constantly uprooted? I personally think the quests are balanced well with the amount of effort you do to the amount of pence you receive. If there arent enough farms to get the quest you want, maybe try asking the castle owners for more farms.
If you think it's balanced, I won't go against it, but I'm not suggesting we change any other quests, because why would we, they are too easy, I'm just saying killing 50 mobs is a bit difficult compared to the other ways, planting trees has low risk if you don't put them right next to the castle, that's why everyone wants trees. Nobody ever wants the quest, so that's why I think there should be an incentive towards the quest so that all forms of work are taken equally.
Sorry if the tone seemed critical, I was trying to be neutral toned.

I think if they doubled the number of enemies the quest has you kill then 100 pence would be good. But I am unsure. Perhaps something could be changed with the gilda quest as well, it's a quest absolutely nobody does.

I think if they doubled the number of enemies the quest has you kill then 100 pence would be good. But I am unsure. Perhaps something could be changed with the gilda quest as well, it's a quest absolutely nobody does.
That actually sounds like a better change, I like it because it gives the incentive to take the quest, while also making it more challenging in order to balance it. The quest in technicality would still be 1 pence per mob kill.
As for the gilda quest I can agree, it has a lack of incentive to take as well, but I think that one might be harder to balance since you would have to compare value of gilda vs lords coins.

I mean if you double or triple the amount needed to kill it wouldn't be a bad change. But I dont think you should double the reward without raising the requirements for the quest as well.

I mean if you double or triple the amount needed to kill it wouldn't be a bad change. But I dont think you should double the reward without raising the requirements for the quest as well.
Then that's where we can agree it looks like, I'm willing to kill 200 mobs for a lord coin lmao. Nobody likes the half lords coin quests, except for the pack one because you only have to walk it a few feet and you don't need gear for it (you need some kind of gear to kill mobs), but that's the only exception.
*I don't know how to add the requirement change to the polls though, so hopefully if devs consider this change then they will see this conversation.

The people voting are voting for a flat change from 50->100 without a change in the number of mobs. Why add more grind for grinding's sake? Either you're using the coins to make regrade or archeum, or you're saving for Erenor. Erenor takes enough effort already. If you're making regrade or archeum, those prices should come down some with increased supply from what it is now.

Again, why add even more grind for no reason? It's enough grinding every day as it is.

The people voting are voting for a flat change from 50->100 without a change in the number of mobs. Why add more grind for grinding's sake? Either you're using the coins to make regrade or archeum, or you're saving for Erenor. Erenor takes enough effort already. If you're making regrade or archeum, those prices should come down some with increased supply from what it is now.

Again, why add even more grind for no reason? It's enough grinding every day as it is.
Because it's 1 mob = 1 pence right now and its only fair it stays that way if it changes to 100 pence.

Because it's 1 mob = 1 pence right now and its only fair it stays that way if it changes to 100 pence.

Or just make a beneficial change for players to reduce grind in that department to increase supply of a monopolized and overpriced item. :cool:

Or just make a beneficial change for players to reduce grind in that department to increase supply of a monopolized and overpriced item. :cool:
It's not too bad of a grind, just 100 queens mobs. Plus this means that there could be more garden powder in the economy from people opening purses / crates! We may disagree on it but I like pve a lot so I wouldn't mind it personally, but to each there own. Let's see what happens!

It's not too bad of a grind, just 100 queens mobs. Plus this means that there could be more garden powder in the economy from people opening purses / crates! We may disagree on it but I like pve a lot so I wouldn't mind it personally, but to each there own. Let's see what happens!

It's not horrible, but when you decrease the grind on anything, more people are willing to take part, which increases supply. Garden Powder isn't 4-5x the price it was before everyone panicked about Erenor, and LC will probably remain just as rare from here on out because of how many you need to craft Erenor. It's a major new LC sink without a counter-balance of any kind of supply.

On retail, the server economies were devastated by 3.5 because the patch was designed to suck resources out of the economy at a tremendously higher rate than were being produced. ArcheRage will succeed better because we are keeping the 3.0 trade system also, which produces enough charcoal to sustain the increased demand, but nothing has been done for LCs.

50 mobs = 1 LC would still not be enough to fix the supply/demand issues or the monopoly issues, but it would help individuals be able to carry on their chosen gold generation or Erenor making plans at a better pace.

It's not horrible, but when you decrease the grind on anything, more people are willing to take part, which increases supply. Garden Powder isn't 4-5x the price it was before everyone panicked about Erenor, and LC will probably remain just as rare from here on out because of how many you need to craft Erenor. It's a major new LC sink without a counter-balance of any kind of supply.

On retail, the server economies were devastated by 3.5 because the patch was designed to suck resources out of the economy at a tremendously higher rate than were being produced. ArcheRage will succeed better because we are keeping the 3.0 trade system also, which produces enough charcoal to sustain the increased demand, but nothing has been done for LCs.

50 mobs = 1 LC would still not be enough to fix the supply/demand issues or the monopoly issues, but it would help individuals be able to carry on their chosen gold generation or Erenor making plans at a better pace.
Actually sweetheart, you used to be able to get Garden Powder for anywhere from 1-3g. It's now up to 15-20g regularly. I've done a lot of crafting, in fact I literally grinded for and made the the first mythic ayanad so I know what I'm talking about and I'm very much aware of how the prices of crafting materials have developed over time. It's not a big issue to kill 100 mobs in a day and it's still 1 LC per day versus .5 LC per day with NO RISK unlike the other methods. Pack can get stolen from you, your trees can get uprooted, your log bundles / mineral waters could get stolen from you, etc. This you just pick up the quest and kill 100 mobs, it's not too bad!

Wouldn't another possible fix be lowering the time on the cooldowns or give incentive to do the Territory Products? Almost every castle I've seen has Territory Products sitting there waiting to be turned in meaning everyone is waiting for someone to bite the bullet, then they have to wait another 8+ hours for the most beneficial quests to be available. That's putting a good stranglehold on it as well.

Well i was already posting about this, ppl avoid this quest cuz its worth less, well its worth same as delivering teritory produce. If admins would think that increasing ammount of mobs would balance it out yea why not. For me its interesting quest cuz it also involve guild that hold castle to purify zone. Incresing that quest to full lord coin will not change ammount of lordcoins in any signnificant way on market but that quest would be atractive for actual main characters cuz for alts is to hard to farm mobs ;p

Last edited:
Back