What's new

LP pool extended to 8/10 k lp?

prego_kamata

Can we get the labor cap increased to 8/10 000 lp since anything else like lp regen is increased

i mean the people who can play once a day for 2/3 hours ( due to real life activities like job ,family ,etc)will be fairly competitive as the rest of the players who have more time to spend during the day

If you want to be competitive, play more. If you dont have that much time in the morning or w/e, when u logout at night u can have labor task ready for the morning. ( I personally always end the weekend with 4-5k purses ready to be opened incase im lazy during the week/less time).

Or mats to transform, etc etc.

I think a 50% increase would be an interesting discussion. Labor cap is supposed to be a incentive to login at least every 48 h or so.

I think the incentive should be to login once a day here but I also don’t think that being able to save up 10k labor is a good idea either.

Maybe try a 7500 max cap to see what happens to the economy from people having more of their labor to use?

I think a 50% increase would be an interesting discussion. Labor cap is supposed to be a incentive to login at least every 48 h or so.

I think the incentive should be to login once a day here but I also don’t think that being able to save up 10k labor is a good idea either.

Maybe try a 7500 max cap to see what happens to the economy from people having more of their labor to use?
im not suggesting exactly for 10 ooo but 7.500 its not bad at all . and to what will happen i thing the people who do trade will do more trade maybe even spend lp on producing the trade mats on own land and soon

This wouldn't actually enable people with less time to be more competitive. It would most likely widen the gap even further, if we're honest. Everyone has the same labor playing field. Ergo, things wouldn't change from where they are right now. People still have to spend time farming materials to craft items/get gold. A bigger labor pool would only favor those who are constantly on as it is, if anyone. The gap still wouldn't close.

I put down fishing pools on my property, and use my labour quickly in the morning before work, either that or just use it on tax certs. by the time I come home im back to 5k labour. I don't feel like I'm wasting that much labour compared to if I just left in the morning without doing that.

a bigger labor pool would favor those who were not constantly online. I don't know what kind of logic you are using Vulgrr. Can you explain please how you came to that conclusion?

Can we get the labor cap increased to 8/10 000 lp since anything else like lp regen is increased

i mean the people who can play once a day for 2/3 hours ( due to real life activities like job ,family ,etc)will be fairly competitive as the rest of the players who have more time to spend during the day
How would a bigger labor pool favor people who are constantly online and/or spending labor?

Cant go to sleep properly, or go to work, every time i think about how im labor capped :)
Its 4800 labor if you are absent for 10hours from your computer, everything after 10hours is going over.
Its a good idea, increasing it to like 8k ,we wouldnt have to worry that much.

Would be a good idea considering the rate of labor gained on top of the lower amount of time needed to spend it (only if you're growing things though).
10k would be optimal. Labor goes into the vapor otherwise.

im not suggesting exactly for 10 ooo but 7.500 its not bad at all . and to what will happen i thing the people who do trade will do more trade maybe even spend lp on producing the trade mats on own land and soon

Actually it does the opposite. People will still do the same amount of trade, as trade is limited by % turn ins. If those crash, you don't trade. What it does is incentivise people to log the fuck off, and not spend 24/7 on the game to avoid labor vapors.

Now before any of you say something stupid like (Well whats wrong with playing 24/7 you want good stuff play the game MORE!) I'm gonna throw a fish at your autistic aspergery head and say, "The biggest killer of mmo populations when everything is going right, is burn out".

Its not normal to sit up for 8-12 hours a day doing anything (Even working a full time job corporations consider monotonous activity when hiring and make huge adjustments as well as health benefits to avoid driving their employees insane). Things are healthy when people can put the controller down and have a life to go along with the game. (SOMETHING THAT XL DID NOT DESIGN FOR, <---but thats another story entirely, I could go on for days about how absolutely horrible XL is as a design team, while abusing their art department for clout, while providing a shitty product cut for exploitation and the equivalent of psychological warfare.....another day)

Theres been debates about how much time people spend online gaming or whatever, and I'm not gonna draw up that mile list long of statistics and all that other BS. The fact of the matter is, most design companies are aware, and will force you the fuck off the game, to ensure they don't lose you as a customer later (theres layers to this shit, its to prevent SELF HARM so they can continue milking you later)

If the cash cows leave the field because they're "burnt out" Its like having cows. You sit em in a field, they're happy, but then you got a bunch of them that start overeating and I mean they fuckin douse the field dry eat every ounce of grass and hay till they start getting fat to the point of risking death. You kick the fuckin cows out of the field. <-----YOU CAN'T GET MILK FROM A COW IF ITS DEAD (aka burnt out)

I stopped reading at "Autistic", the following people are all "Autistic" ..... I don't see your name here, stop trying to be edgy. It's not becoming.
  • Dan Aykroyd – Comedic Actor
  • Hans Christian Andersen – Children’s Author
  • Benjamin Banneker – African American almanac author, surveyor, naturalist, and farmer
  • Susan Boyle – Singer
  • Tim Burton – Movie Director
  • Lewis Carroll – Author of “Alice in Wonderland”
  • Henry Cavendish – Scientist
  • Charles Darwin – Naturalist, Geologist, and Biologist
  • Emily Dickinson – Poet
  • Paul Dirac – Physicist
  • Albert Einstein – Scientist & Mathematician
  • Bobby Fischer – Chess Grandmaster
  • Bill Gates – Co-founder of the Microsoft Corporation
  • Temple Grandin – Animal Scientist
  • Daryl Hannah – Actress & Environmental Activist
  • Thomas Jefferson – Early American Politician
  • Steve Jobs – Former CEO of Apple
  • James Joyce – Author of “Ulysses”
  • Alfred Kinsey – Sexologist & Biologist
  • Stanley Kubrick – Film Director
  • Barbara McClintock – Scientist and Cytogeneticist
  • Michelangelo – Sculptor, Painter, Architect, Poet
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Classical Composer
  • Sir Isaac Newton – Mathematician, Astronomer, & Physicist
  • Jerry Seinfeld – Comedian
  • Satoshi Tajiri – Creator of Nintendo’s Pokémon
  • Nikola Tesla – Inventor
  • Andy Warhol – Artist
  • Ludwig Wittgenstein – Philosopher
  • William Butler Yeats – Poet

How would a bigger labor pool favor people who are constantly online and/or spending labor?

They wouldn't necessarily have to be constantly spending labor, but those who are on the game more have more access to the labor and the ability to gain more materials that enable them to more effectively use labor.

Guy A has 5 hours a week to play
Guy B has 20 hours a week to play

Guy A gets in 1 hour a day
Guy B gets in 3 hours a day

Guy A has to burn more labor faster than guy B to take advantage of the bigger pool. While there is no end to the amount of activities one could do to burn labor, doing it in a manner that is productive/cost effective is a bit harder. When he logs back into the game 16 hours from now, he'll have 7680 labor to burn, plus 480 through his play time, giving him 8160. He has significantly less time to farm for materials or gold, significantly hampering his progress, and the activities he can perform to make money.

Guy B has more time and more access to the labor pool, likely even keeping it below cap. When he logs back into the game 16 hours from now, he'll have 7680 labor to burn, + 1440 generated throughout his daily play time, giving him 9120 labor to burn, which he'll easily be able to accomplish. Guy B has far more time for farming materials and gold for his endeavors, making it easier to accomplish his goals.

Unless there is something I'm not seeing here...

That being said, there are diminishing returns. If you're constantly burning labor as it is, it doesn't really matter how big the cap is. At the end of the day, what effects the constant burners most is regen rate.

Last edited:
having a larger labour pool wouldn't effect those people that are spending their labour constantly because their labour wouldn't get capped, therefore it wouldn't matter. Labour pots don't have a cool down to use anyways, we get a stipend. U can not spend your stipend and stock up like 200 of them and spend them in a single day if you wanted to. The cap wouldn't make a difference.
Having a labour cap would help people that have jobs and cant be at the computer to spend their labour once it is capped, or it would allow people to take a break and do something other than log into a game because they feel like they have to spend their labour.
I am for a bigger labour pool, its really tedious having to worry about logging in every morning before work to spend my labour as quickly as I can because I don't want it to be capped all day long and waste away. I've been late for work because of it already.

having a larger labour pool wouldn't effect those people that are spending their labour constantly because their labour wouldn't get capped, therefore it wouldn't matter

I already said that

Labour pots don't have a cool down to use anyways, we get a stipend. U can not spend your stipend and stock up like 200 of them and spend them in a single day if you wanted to. The cap wouldn't make a difference.

The stipend was not a part of the argument. Additionally, you have to pay to purchase a stipend. And if the cap doesn't affect a stipend, why is the cap even an argument?

Having a labour cap would help people that have jobs and cant be at the computer to spend their labour once it is capped, or it would allow people to take a break and do something other than log into a game because they feel like they have to spend their labour.

I'm not saying it wouldn't help. It just wouldn't be the massive improvement everyone is thinking it will be. The gap will still remain on those who can no life the game, and those who can't. See my argument about still not having enough time to gather materials/gold to progress, even with an increased labor cap.

To be clear, I'm not *against* a bigger labor pool. I'm one of the sorry sods that has a job, and a GF that really doesn't like me spending time playing games, which is a constant contention point. Honestly, sex and cuddles are nice, but games are constant fun. I'd rather be playing games, at pretty much all times. Due to that, I'm constantly behind everyone else. I'm still not 3k GS, even though I should be. I have to fight 10 times as hard as most others. A bigger labor cap would help me, but only slightly. It isn't the massive improvement people think it's going to be.

you don't have to pay to purchase a stipend. you can buy the credits for gold.
I disagree. I also have a full-time job as well as a toddler to take care of. I'm still managing to be close to 4k GS. I can only play really on weekends and maybe 2 hours a night if I'm lucky. Having a larger labour pool would greatly benefit people like me.
I manage to spend all of my labour before I go to bed at night, and then in the morning when I have to rush it I just blow it on tax certs or harvesting things that take a lot of labour to collect.
During the few hours I have to play at night I have no trouble farming coin purses to open for all of my labour, or crafting to burn it.
I'm sorry if you don't know how to spend your labour in such a way that having a larger pool would be more of a benefit to you, even though you work and have a gf, etc...

Ok, you'll still need to take the time to farm the gold (a problem for people like me with low play time) Then buy the stipend. That's less time you have to actually burn labor throughout the day anyway. So you'll still hit cap, and still be turning labor into smoke.

Without land to farm materials, more labor is useless. Unless you plant unprotected farms, and are lucky enough to get back and harvest them, you're still stuck with the fact that you'll have no materials to use to burn labor with. This is a vicious cycle that no amount of increased labor pools will help with. Which I imagine is the lion's share of cases for people with low play time.

To those that have land and materials stocked up, then suddenly lost play time, sure, it'd be marginally helpful, for a little bit.

Tax certs don't go into much, other than maintaining some land. With the increased labor regen, and the fact that buildings costs stayed the same, tax certs are a dime a dozen anyway. I guess an increased pool would offset the cost of making them to stock pile them, sure. That could be helpful.

So if you've got land and an abundance of mats, sure, this could be helpful (which I've already stated before...) It still won't close the gap like people are assuming.

Back