• Yes

Votes: 161 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 40 19.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disrep

This is one of the more hidden debates in Archeage, adding lucky sun/moon/star to actual drop tables in the game. These items had a health influx into the game due to whales opening rng boxes and flooding the market with them, but dont really have a healthy way to enter the private server due to them not being in rng boxes, and alts not being in the game. In the private server discord, we had a lengthy discussion about if we did this and how we would do it, so I would like to propose this question to the rest of you guys.

Aside from getting a healthy flow into the game, this change is made to provide viability to other bosses besides 3. Come late game, bosses like Morpheus/Meina/Anthalon/Hanure/Rangora/Nazar lose their use even if they are the only way to get the crafting materials. Because higher tier guilds have a lock down on most "valuable" bosses, these other bosses often become untouched. Adding this change promotes way more guilds to get their feet wet in "content". There is absolutely no way one guild can control every single boss in the game. Thats way too hard, its already hard enough controlling 6 dgs spawns, kraken, red dragon, and anthalon, people dont even do that now.

The big thing with this change is to keep them out of rng boxes

World Bosses in Nuia/Haranya (Cr/Gr Hounds, Hanure, Dumb Golem Spawn in Hasla)

- 75% Chance Lucky Starpoint, 25% Chance Lucky Moon

Auroria/Water Bosses (Meina, Anthalon, Jola, Rangora, Morpheus, Nazar)

-75% Chance of 1-2 Lucky Moons, 25% Chance for 1-2 Lucky Suns

End Game Bosses (Red Dragon, Glenn)

-50% chance 1 lucky sun, 25% chance 2 lucky sun, 12% chance 3 lucky sun, 12% chance 4 lucky sun

Bosses such as Kraken and DGS should remain untouched because they drop raw gold.

Please talk about this, I think this would be an amazing change to the game that would promote so much more activity between guilds!

FAQ:

This would allow guilds who already do content to snowball even harder!

- This is not true. At the moment, there is no guild who has a strangle hold on the server because there's so many guilds constantly contesting. Bosses like anthalon are a flip flop between 4 different guilds. Doing this change would only add more people to come out and contest, and more bosses in general to kill. No guild can control all of these bosses at once.

This would break the economy because there's a heavy influx of luckies going into the game, causing divine armor to drop drastically.
-Not true. At the moment, with current prices, lucky sunpoints and moonpoints are very high for the current economy. I know some people dont like to use real money examples of why this is bad, but this is the easiest way to tell if something is heavily over priced. Private server gold sells for around $15 per 1k. One lucky sunpoint is around 1k. You're paying $15 for a less than 25% chance to have a weapon go up. That's way too high considering the amount of money being put in the game is low. Divine Pieces around $90 per 1 piece. Thats absurd at this stage. A divine piece should not equal the same amount as retail, when gold there is $6 per k.

Having this change in the game puts a stable flow of these items into the game. It would also open up loyalty to be used in more things than just luckies. Things like the 220 crit gems, the 150 tracker gems, costumes, mounts, would be more accessable because the gate holding luckies in the game has been released. People would regrade more, which would cause more gold to leave the game, balancing out more divines coming into the game.

This also assumes that every single one of these bosses are killed on cooldown, which is not true at all. Often times the heavily contested bosses dont even get killed and despawn due to it being in the wee hours of the day or other guilds stopping the attempt.

One guild would just horde all of these and not release them into the marketplace
- Because the fact that these changes involve more than just end game bosses, items become even more accessible for the average person. Jola is easily killed by a pug raid, and they drop lucky sunpoints with these changes. Cr/GR bosses have chances to drop lucky moonpoints, which is even more incentive to kill them ant release them. On top of this, you still have the option of accessing these through loyalty. The bottleneck would only get wider with this change.

Last edited:
Good Idea, I hope Archerage team will look at this!
We need more content, especially with the amount of players playing at different timezones.

If you guys disagree please explain why, this is a discussion after all, saying its just dumb without giving an explanation doesn't help at all!

This is a good idea but I don’t think it should be added for cr and gr these events are good for people to get honor and their world boss quest done. It is way too easy to be griefed while doing it and would just be aids

I like this and the Shadow Merchant idea for regular construction packs on the wish list thread. Forgot who came up with it.

Anything to get people off the farms and doing things out in the world to get money is what this game needs more of.

Is there a way...to make everyone get a "loot box" from a boss kill with a random loot item etc. I mean...would it be that hard to have a set "World Boss crate" that could give a Superior red, Lucky points, or just basic shit kind of like the p2w loot crates?

Is there a way...to make everyone get a "loot box" from a boss kill with a random loot item etc. I mean...would it be that hard to have a set "World Boss crate" that could give a Superior red, Lucky points, or just basic shit kind of like the p2w loot crates?
I dont think it would be hard, but that would crash the economy too hard. In a raid of 50, thats 50 potential lucky sunpoints or something like that to be introduced into the game on a very short timer.

i voted no because i have never played a game with a mechanic like this (im sure they exist) and i don't see the need personally for this to be introduced to this server. with the rates as they are stated above it doesn't seem right to flood the game with any luckies atm. it might drive prices down but that doesn't always mean good things will come from it. just my opinion

Feel free to enlighten me if u so choose

i voted no because i have never played a game with a mechanic like this (im sure they exist) and i don't see the need personally for this to be introduced to this server. with the rates as they are stated above it doesn't seem right to flood the game with any luckies atm. it might drive prices down but that doesn't always mean good things will come from it. just my opinion

Feel free to enlighten me if u so choose
There needs to be something to introduce more luckies into the game, the prices for them are absurd at the moment. There's already been a few threads on this topic. This seems like a good alternative to boost world pvp content as well as introduce these points without locking it behind a paywall.

There needs to be something to introduce more luckies into the game, the prices for them are absurd at the moment. There's already been a few threads on this topic. This seems like a good alternative to boost world pvp content as well as introduce these points without locking it behind a paywall.
instead of adding them to bosses why not try and organize ingame events to produce more luckies. i feel like that would let more people not in content guild reap the rewards of more luckies overall increasing the supply even more and i dont mean temporary event i mean like server events like the kill quests in diamond shores for stuff.

i know on RU if u kill 40 people in diamond shores on sunday u get 10 of each regrade scroll. something like that would be better imo to add instead of a boss drop

If my math is right, at most this will displace 5-10% of the current potential luckies entering the game.

No one is doing RD, no one is doing Glen.

Reds are still a rare chance for Auroria/Sea Bosses, and of the bosses that are done its not many per day.

How does this flood the game with luckys?

instead of adding them to bosses why not try and organize ingame events to produce more luckies. i feel like that would let more people not in content guild reap the rewards of more luckies overall increasing the supply even more and i dont mean temporary event i mean like server events like the kill quests in diamond shores for stuff.
If you make things too easy, the prices get destroyed and people get lazy. If you make things too hard, it increases the price and no ones happy.

Doing it this way allows for it to be accessible to everyone. Its already able to be bought through loyalty, adding it to pug bosses like cr/gr and jola promotes more world pvp centric content. There's already plenty of kill quests and pve quests in the game, and not as many pvp incentives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back