What's new

Mage or Archer Pls help

Amatox

Some backround Info

I currently have divine t4 scepter and shield with celestial t3 cloth, chest and legs fully gemmed

i'm wondering if I should continue to gear as mage or reroll to archer with the free mistsong weapons

a bit of backstory.

I've always been a mage, was 6k GS on morph. playing Daggerspell/enig as solo and revenant skullknight in raid pvp with a bunch of defiler trolling in arena.

I want to do guild content on the private server but my guild is still in a gearing process I see taking a while and wondering what thoughts would be on going the archer route.

i'd POSSIBLY keep the mage gear in the event I go back as I have a really good gold income

thanks

Some backround Info

I currently have divine t4 scepter and shield with celestial t3 cloth, chest and legs fully gemmed

i'm wondering if I should continue to gear as mage or reroll to archer with the free mistsong weapons

a bit of backstory.

I've always been a mage, was 6k GS on morph. playing Daggerspell/enig as solo and revenant skullknight in raid pvp with a bunch of defiler trolling in arena.

I want to do guild content on the private server but my guild is still in a gearing process I see taking a while and wondering what thoughts would be on going the archer route.

i'd POSSIBLY keep the mage gear in the event I go back as I have a really good gold income

thanks

unless you're going to whale really hard ( swipe your credit card till max) i wouldn't suggest playing archer, As an Archer its required to have a big dick bow (Epic Ayanad, possibly Divine Ayanad, Legendary Obsidian) to do much in a rvr, you wanna burn people down before they do it to you. Archer is super gear dependant where as mage not so much

unless you're going to whale really hard ( swipe your credit card till max) i wouldn't suggest playing archer, As an Archer its required to have a big dick bow (Epic Ayanad, possibly Divine Ayanad, Legendary Obsidian) to do much in a rvr, you wanna burn people down before they do it to you. Archer is super gear dependant where as mage not so much

+1

I don't recommend Archer in this patch at all unless you have an extremely good bow. Probably would have a good experience with a Divine Misting Bow.

Honestly, from personal opinion. Archer is easier to gear and use, you have to realise something that these people seem to forget. Cloth Armor is literally all Mdef with slight Phys Defenses, Leather has average-higher end for both, that right there gives you a bottom line sustain against Magic/Phys. Now, you will always and I mean always outrange a mage and melee, the problem lies not so much in it being harder to gear an archer cause it's really not, it is if all you do is use endless arrow spam and never rotate your skills at all and for that you deserve to be punished. Mages may hit harder but they'll always get tripped, CC'd instantly, we have to deal with cast time, and the classes of mages everyone talks about are Revenant and Enigmatist, anything with Auramancy makes the game easier because it makes you survive about 20-30% more believe it or not. Actual mages which you'd find in your typical MMORPG experience have way lower survive rates than these classes and they are about 50-100% harder to gear without swiping because you're only surviving mechanic is keeping the enemy CC'd and hoping your allies hold them off while you output spells.

Honestly, from personal opinion. Archer is easier to gear and use, you have to realise something that these people seem to forget. Cloth Armor is literally all Mdef with slight Phys Defenses, Leather has average-higher end for both, that right there gives you a bottom line sustain against Magic/Phys. Now, you will always and I mean always outrange a mage and melee, the problem lies not so much in it being harder to gear an archer cause it's really not, it is if all you do is use endless arrow spam and never rotate your skills at all and for that you deserve to be punished. Mages may hit harder but they'll always get tripped, CC'd instantly, we have to deal with cast time, and the classes of mages everyone talks about are Revenant and Enigmatist, anything with Auramancy makes the game easier because it makes you survive about 20-30% more believe it or not. Actual mages which you'd find in your typical MMORPG experience have way lower survive rates than these classes and they are about 50-100% harder to gear without swiping because you're only surviving mechanic is keeping the enemy CC'd and hoping your allies hold them off while you output spells.

Without a good bow, attempting to kill anyone with max toughness/resilience and or a shield is insanely annoying. Nobody said an Archer can't survive, its just to have a good damage output you need quite a bit of gear. More so than any other class

I'd agree that archers are the hardest to play properly, though as I tend to have a sniper mindset...I make a very bad tank.

Back