What's new

Morning Halcy Time Adjustment

nemnem

Could we discuss a small adjustment to the morning halcy time?
The few times the morning instance has popped, its been great fun. Smaller raids that can each wipe one another, far more interesting pvp than the zergs that happen at later halcys.

But the current time, 6-630a lines up with ~22:00 ingame time, just as people are wanting to start raids and do the pre-quests for GR, which I think may be causing people to not queue, for fear of missing the rift.

Would people be open to moving the start time 30 minutes earlier or later, 530a or 630a? 19:00 game time would be after SG CR/Anth but enough before GR that it wouldn't interfere, or 30 minutes later corresponds to ~1:00 game time which is right when GR mobs spawn, but would encourage raids to go from GR straight to Halcy.

I dont know that this time slot will ever be a super popular instance, but the small raid pvp has been enjoyable and Id love to see more pops.
Interested to hear other ppls thoughts on it.

7AM would be ideal for me personally, though we'd miss it on Tuesdays because of maint. 8AM would probably work too

We don't mind moving a morning time a bit if players find a better timeframe and reach an agreement.
Currently leaving this one for players discussion.

We never had this discussion about the 2pm Halcy which is also at same time as GR? For that one people usually pick up quest before hand and wait for Halcy pop at pack spawn...

We never had this discussion about the 2pm Halcy which is also at same time as GR? For that one people usually pick up quest before hand and wait for Halcy pop at pack spawn...
Thank you for your ever helpful input about the subject at hand, which is that the morning Halcy which was recently added has only ever happened twice, and is useless if we can't find a way to make it start, as opposed to the daytime and evening halcy which have both popped nearly every occurrence since they began. If you have ideas about how we can make the morning instance of halcy pop more frequently, please add them. If your only concern is about midday or evening halcy, perhaps this isn't the right convo for you.

I'm just saying that's how it happens at the old one, which is the same situation except for the fact that no one is used to there being a new halcy time yet.

Excuse me for thinking people can put together ideas themselves. Here, I'll do it for you this time.

1. So, make people more aware of the new time so they aren't stuck doing other things because they forget there's a new halcy (yes, I have seen that happen a lot since this addition).

2. Blow up both nation chats 15-30min beforehand. Have them pick up gr quests beforehand like we usually do for the "regular timed halcy".

3. Everyone queues for the new halcy, and then does GR after.

Sound good?

So to summarize, we have 3 who think the timer should be adjusted and one who thinks a new event should be deliberately timed when it’s in conflict with another event-- despite no history of it being at that time, no compelling reason to keep it at that exact time, and a willingness from the admins to change it so its not in conflict-- simply because afternoon halcy ended up in conflict too when GR became fixed in server time rather than fluid.

anyone else have thoughts?

Oh wait! Late addition… terverus who thinks east just shouldn’t queue cuz they don’t have a full zerg and would actually have to fight rather than steamroll. o_O

1646740803520.png

Sound good?

Sometimes it's okay not to post. Imagine a world in which you weren't compelled to quack your vapid nonsense on every. single. thread.

I am happy for it to be nudged in one direction or the other if it makes it more likely to pop, it's nice having an additional halcy option as the other two don't work for me on weekdays, although I realise this is likely to be by far the quietest.

Back