Mount normalisation vote

Revert the normalize on thunderdash and other mounts affected by it

• Yes

Votes: 55 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 25.7%

• Total voters

Sky

Hey guys, as many of you know the custom deer mounts currently dominate as the best and most viable mounts of current, making any other mounts borderline outclassed in every aspect. On live for a time mounts such as thunderdash had a higher than 10ms move speed but were normalized at some point, i think it would be a healthy game balance change if we could get thunderdash/dungeon mounts changed to be 11.5 ms as well as they are not easy mounts to aquire, thunderdash for example requiring 50k honor sink which as of current is pointless because deer do everything but better. Please vote yes and we will see more varying mounts and diverse usage of them instead of every single person running a custom deer mount. Note this is not NERFING the custom deer in any way, just bringing up to par other mounts that are difficult or require an investment to get

Last edited:
Reactions: maz
I see no reason why mounts that cost 600 loyality or 50K honor should be slower than any other. It simply removes diversity. I've been at Kraken after the Aquestria was in the RNG box and legit all raids were sitting on one it's stupid.
Why is the Cyanfin that costs 600 loyality or dozens of Dahuta runs 2m/s slower than a mount that was at 800g ?

I get it you can milk out cash shop boxes with these best-in-slot mounts but equalizing movement speed doesn't change the fact that these RNG box mounts still have better skills than others, which keep them superior.

I saw a group of friends ride Snowlions the other day and for a second it got me so immersed to actually see Haranis using their race mount, I thought how cool would it be if you'd actually see more west-themed mounts on nuians and more east-themed on haranis. When I saw that group of players I had this sort of fantasy-style feeling that i rarely get playing archeage. Almost felt like WoW.

https://i.gyazo.com/f63776f6290c83dbad0e53be29b5a9b9.mp4

It's like when they added God of War glider. How is it enjoyable to see everyone have the same shit ?

Well mounts such as black arrow which i have only seen like one of on this server, were also hit by the normalization. So i would love to see this change it'll make it so mounts that require an investment or time sink will be VIABLE, the custom deer will still be the strongest bc of their skills speed and the stealth. Also the cloudstrike panther that costs a whopping 2000 prestige is a 10ms mount, this is kind of stupid as well.

I'm gay!

I also agree, it was sorta the same story with the kitsune on live where they were just super fast and ya had to have one, reward players who play and work hard for these mounts with a viable option!

The thing is, first, the custom deer is not the only fast mount on the server. Since they keep releasing them in a spread out time, its affordable for people to save and get them. You want a faster mount, get one. The custom cow is just as fast, as are the elephants and a couple others.
The aquestria is the same concept. I have seen it pop up in loyalty but you have to be patient and wait. Why complain that people upgraded a mount for better water pvp. If it was 800 g why didnt those wanting to normalize the mounts just buy one.
The argument for better stuff with loyalty, they are free. I would expect them to be slightly slower than things people spend real life cash to buy. Also, the glider argument is kinda of invalid. I see the nightcloak, god of war, both wing gliders, kraken, red dragon, sloth etc all the time. Different uses for different needs. Btw, according to lure was firrans and snowlions, but anyway. You guys talk of investment. I invested in a deer for various reasons speed being one of them. But for different purposes I use different mounts.
All this talk just brings to mind how cheap people want to be. Are you going to consider refunding all players who spent money on the game for the custom mounts? Are you going to remove the siege damage from the elephants because no other mount has it. Are you going to remove the poo ability fro the cow because a guildie keeps forgetting to owners mark? Lets be a little reasonable. Most people forget that you can even gem and get better pet gear than basic. And frankly if something costs me 10 dollars I would expect it to be better than something that is free.

Nobody is talking about being poor or wanting free shit, i have a custom deer myself lol, we are simply wanting mounts that take an INVESTMENT or a GRIND such as 2k prestige mounts or 50k honor mounts etc, to be VIABLE. That's all lmfao

@taintedera you say loyality is free and the mounts should be worse than mounts that are rare and cost gold. But i fail to see the logic behind it. Loyality isnt free. It requires you to play 3hrs a day for multiple weeks to get a 600 loyality mount. Thats a super heavy time investment for plenty of people. And in my eyes, spending 10euros to straight up buy a best in slot mount is a far easier method to get one.

I brought up the god of war glider to explain my point which was that i want to see more variety. At that point there were barely red dragon gliders let alone ravenspines. Everyone had one and it killed variety. I dont want to see everyone use the same stuff in a game where you can customize your character in a million different ways from character faces, image items costumes mounts gliders skills ... the list almost infinitely goes on.
I dont think a game dev enjoys putting hours of work into creating variety, only to see most of it get ignored, either.
New players are forced to either ride a race mount that runs slower than i walk as archer with quickstep, or pay for credits to buy the elk.
Most unique mounts also require you to farm certain currency that you are forced to grind out, where there is no shortcut of getting it within 5min by just spending real money or gold. Nobody can farm prestige or honor for you so you can just buy it you have to do it yourself and that alone in my eyes, already gives them more value than pay2win mounts.

Last edited:
How about.. the people that work for their good mount, actually get a good mount?

What is the point, if you earn your way for a mount-- only to find out its not even half as good as an easy peasy credit bought mount.
As it stands, the stormdarter is faster than its upgrade. If you ask me, that's damn sad.

Co

Completly wrong .

If everyone has to work for a "good" mount, they will end up to work for the fastest possible.

I would prefer to work for a mount that I like, without the need to worry if is good enough to stand among the other's.

theres 13 people that voted against normalization, yet only 3 to have spoken out about their opinion.
more people care to explain why they voted no ?

If everyone has to work for a "good" mount, they will end up to work for the fastest possible.

I would prefer to work for a mount that I like, without the need to worry if is good enough to stand among the other's.
That is wrong , let me explain .first in the curent situation we have normal speed so evri time when a mount with a better speed comes aout ppl will bui that mount .But if all mounts has bigher speed like they should have normali then u will see a variety, for example thunder dash is an arcane mount but hes speed is same as a snowlion when u go to market and u wana buy something like tomato dont u like to se a diversity so u can chose?.Or maibe u wana bui a real horse , how can u chose 1 if all have same speed ? If in the game are onli 3 mounts with lets say 11m per sec speed then evrione will buy one of those 3 or all 3 but if u have 10 or 15 with 11m per sec speed thats a diversity from were u can chose what ever u like most without sacrificing speed. Sory for mi bad english i wasn t in a good mode .

If you're going to increase the stats of in-game mounts like Thunderdash to match cash shop mounts... then you need to increase the cost of those in-game mounts... 50k honor is EXTREMELY cheap when you consider that the rate at which you get honor points is significantly increased on this server.

If you're going to increase the stats of in-game mounts like Thunderdash to match cash shop mounts... then you need to increase the cost of those in-game mounts... 50k honor is EXTREMELY cheap when you consider that the rate at which you get honor points is significantly increased on this server.

Don't you guys realize that matching speed with mounts like deers doesn't mean that they are equally good ?
Deers have 45s stealth, a dash, invincibility, a stun, and an arrow shot that either slows or does 500% ranged dps.
Deers will always remain best-in-slot because of how ridiculous their skills are.

You guys also don't understand the actual value of most mounts. Deers are pay 2 win and require 0 time spent to grind. You can just straight up buy them as they are wrapped items from cash shop boxes. Loyality, Honor, Prestige- mounts all require you to farm YOURSELF and invest time into it. They are all bind on pick up and must be aquired by you and nobody else.
How does that make 50K honor mount less "valueable" than a mount you can buy for 5k ?

Don't you guys realize that matching speed with mounts like deers doesn't mean that they are equally good ?
Deers have 45s stealth, a dash, invincibility, a stun, and an arrow shot that either slows or does 500% ranged dps.
Deers will always remain best-in-slot because of how ridiculous their skills are.

You guys also don't understand the actual value of most mounts. Deers are pay 2 win and require 0 time spent to grind. You can just straight up buy them as they are wrapped items from cash shop boxes. Loyality, Honor, Prestige- mounts all require you to farm YOURSELF and invest time into it. They are all bind on pick up and must be aquired by you and nobody else.
How does that make 50K honor mount less "valueable" than a mount you can buy for 5k ?

^ This. Just because other (difficult to get) mounts get the same speed wont make them better. You just could choose to ride them without being slow xD

Back