What's new

Multiple Accounts Clarification?

Diarmada

Alright so, I'm getting a new PC sometime on Sunday evening. The one I've got now will go to my brother, as he's always wanted to play ArcheAge with me, and this will be his first chance to do so without lagging to death.

My father has also seen me play and is considering making an account himself.

So, would any admin or mod be able to clarify? We all live under the same roof but do not share computers. We do not share emails. And in general mind our own business.

If my brother and dad made themselves accounts, would any one of us get banned for 'alting'? Obviously I'm going to play with them, have them in Guild and Family and be in party with them. I'm going to help them out with any items they may need, I might run trades with them, trade them things and so on.

But still, the question persists. I don't want to tell them off from making an account here because I've always enjoyed playing with them, so would anyone have an idea for possible issues or solutions?

Would love to know, thanks!

-Dia

PM IronLady/Sparkle and they'll whitelist you. At least that's what they said you should do before.
Not sure if that's changed with the addition of the new anticheat.

PM IronLady/Sparkle and they'll whitelist you. At least that's what they said you should do before.
Not sure if that's changed with the addition of the new anticheat.
Guess I'll have to do that then. Before the account is made or after, would you reckon ?

I asked a similar question, here is the reply i got. I haven't let him play yet, as he need to earn his internet time, but i know where i stand if i do allow him to play.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    140.2 KB · Views: 709
I asked a similar question, here is the reply i got. I haven't let him play yet, as he need to earn his internet time, but i know where i stand if i do allow him to play.
Thank you, very helpful. I'll let IronLady know of this prior to making his account. Thanks. ^^

You can all play on different computers fine, as long as your "brother" and "father" don't happen to "donate" all their gold to your account.

You can all play on different computers fine, as long as your "brother" and "father" don't happen to "donate" all their gold to your account.
I'm firmly against alting. And I wouldn't make this thread to call myself out if I was up to something, lmao.

But thank you for all your replies. I contacted IronLady about this and we'll see how it works out. Thanks!

Hmm, maybe someone can help clear up some confusion I have about Alt accounts on different computers...

1. So if I have multiple computers in my house then each different computer can have it's own Archerage account ?
2. I can have friends and family play on the other computers and even share property with me ?

I just wanted to make sure I understand the rules before I encourage anyone to play with me / invest any money in the game.

Thanks.

Hmm, maybe someone can help clear up some confusion I have about Alt accounts on different computers...

1. So if I have multiple computers in my house then each different computer can have it's own Archerage account ?
2. I can have friends and family play on the other computers and even share property with me ?

I just wanted to make sure I understand the rules before I encourage anyone to play with me / invest any money in the game.

Thanks.

Correct, each computer can have an account.

From what I can tell, you're allowed to share property but avoid suspicious activity (like everyone sending you their gold).

This is all kind of confusing lol, so if it's 1 person using 2 computers for 2 accounts it's fine?

I mean i have someone who could use my other computer to just play farmville for me 5 mins a a day then log out but it's still an alt account for the main account. I really don't understand this whole thing your insert "X* is still feeding your main account weather it's you playing or not.

It’s not that simple because there is only one account allowed per computer.
how is that not exactly what Rand said?
I mean even if u have 2 computers, 1 account is allowed for you to play, what your mom, brother, or whoever does on a second account on a second computer doesnt matter.

how is that not exactly what Rand said?
I mean even if u have 2 computers, 1 account is allowed for you to play, what your mom, brother, or whoever does on a second account on a second computer doesnt matter.

Yes but it's not as simple as "one person = one account" because if your dad plays on your computer you will be banned.

Back