What's new

Naval Arena Glitches & Bugs

Vinchino

I'd like to start off by saying I really enjoy the naval arena so far. But there seems to be a lot of glitches with it that if fixed, would make the arena a lot more fun and playable.

-Upon loading into the arena some players fall through the floor and can't get out of the spawn.
-The rendering distance is insanely small. I think it's around 30m.
-There is no map (I don't know if this is a glitch or not but it's almost impossible to meet back up with your team if you die during a battle considering the rendering distance is 20-30m and there is no map)
-The red team gets a radar and the back of their galleons blocked off while the blue team gets neither of those.

These are the main glitches and bugs that I've noticed. Does anyone else know of any more?

We appreciate your feedback.
Rendering distance is supposed to be that small. That is the arena feature but that is something we may reconsider later.
We'll look into the other issues you've mentioned. Can you please confirm if you tried arena just once today and if issue with the map remained?

We'll be glad to hear other feedbacks from the players regarding the new arena.

I just did the naval arena and had a blast. It's a lot of fun and I really look forward to doing it some more. Feedback from our experience:

Both sides of the arena experienced the map problem. The mini-map doesn't appear and using the M key just shows the world map, so we're unable to make use of Radar to find the enemy teams boat(s). This on top of the render distance issue makes it very difficult to find the enemy team, and in the times where we did find the enemy team they literally appeared directly beside the boat. Having the small render distance makes sense for the other arenas, but for a naval combat arena it needs to be larger like it is in the game world during actual naval combat.

There's specific sections I wanna point out in this video I took:
  • As you can see throughout the mini-map doesn't appear at all, preventing us from using radar
  • Since there's no radar we just kind of aimlessly wander and end up going to their base at 6:40 (and presumably the enemy went to our base as well) and there was nothing preventing us from just taking their boats out of base and killing them (which is what enemy did as well to us at first)
  • At 8:05 the Red Team's boat has an odd blockage on the back, preventing boarding from behind, however you can see at 1:57 blue team boats don't have the blockage. As someone who has done a lot of real naval combat at kraken and stuff, it's my personal opinion that the backs of boats should not be blocked off so that it can reflect what you'd experience or expect if you were to do real non-arena naval combat
The render distance wouldn't be so much an issue if we had access to the mini-map so that the radar would work. Being able to use cheese strats and just going directly to their base and stealing their boats to kill them is a big issue too, I think a way to fix this would be to make it so that when a ship is at its base only the team that owns it can pilot it.

I know this content just came out, but here's some things that should be considered for the future:
  • A way to choose the figurehead for the boat you're piloting, having access to figurehead abilities could spice things up. Maybe while you're in base it gives you access to a few buttons that lets you choose the figurehead
  • Making the maelstrom a little more 'violent' by adding in the water tornados that spawn in the Abyssal Attack area, right now the thunderstorms that appear in the map don't really do a whole lot.
  • Update the "Blood, Sweat, and Training" daily quest to include a "-Defeat enemies in the Violent Maelstrom Arena" option for completion
  • Possibly create a daily quest that's given by the Gladiator Arena Manager NPCs to do the Violent Maelstrom Arena

Sorry for the wall of text! Just have a lot to say because it's exciting to see content like this. It's absolutely incredible that we're starting to get custom content on this level, I really look forward to seeing how the content evolves.

Last edited:
@plamp Thanks for the video. Appreciate your feedback.

From the mentioned issues:
  • Rendering distance is currently 120m. It's a very short distance but it was the intentional distance. Currently it's technically impossible to increase it.
  • Our bad with the mini-map. It had to work but a minor bug crept into the work, so neither team had it. Going to be fixed with the restart. Both teams have items (compass or telescope) on their ships, so as soon as map is fixed, players will be able to use radar to get their team's and enemy's ships location.
  • Ships that are provided to each team are different. Even though they have different models, both teams should have the access to ship's back. Issue with the access to the Red team's ships back will be fixed, so players will be able to access them as well.
  • Your idea with the prevention of stealing enemy's boats is good, but technically impossible to be implemented. We are looking into the possibility of the owning team to run ships only, but no solution is found yet.
Switch of figureheads is something we may add later. But, regarding the weather, it may change during the battle. Did you experience several types of weather there and think it's something that needs to be changed to be a bit more "violent"? :)

Thank you for bringing our attention to the small things that can make new arena better.
Hope you are having fun there!

Last edited:
Can we increase the amount of sea coin gained for winning from 1 to 2?

I haven't lost yet but I would assume losing gives zero coins. It takes a long time to get this arena to pop, I suggest losing team gets 1 sea coin. It is a lot of time invested in this arena especially with having naval arena qued for almost 3 hrs....

Can we increase the amount of sea coin gained for winning from 1 to 2?

I haven't lost yet but I would assume losing gives zero coins. It takes a long time to get this arena to pop, I suggest losing team gets 1 sea coin. It is a lot of time invested in this arena especially with having naval arena qued for almost 3 hrs....

Arena is opened 24/7 and is a permanent one. Players have enough time to slowly gather coins. Also, coin is an additional bonus, that is a reward for the winners only. Will remain 1 coin per player in the winning team.

one of the glitch is that u cannot use radar on one of the galleon variants, u basically just get korean symbols on the radar as mentioned above i just provide the screen:
https://snag.gy/c3OEhx.jpg

see the F

Last edited:
one of the glitch is that u cannot use radar on one of the galleon variants, u basically just get korean symbols on the radar as mentioned above i just provide the screen:
https://snag.gy/c3OEhx.jpg

see the F

We tested it before and it worked fine. Most likely just a glitch. Would you or somebody else be able to record a short video of the attempt to use it and it not working, if it happens again?

dunno how it will help but, here it goes xD
https://streamable.com/wzi9k

its as i said if u get this ship type, u're pretty much at a disadvantage, like I usually lose with this type of ship(bad luck i guess)... i wish u made both teams gettin same type of ships....

also can we get a temporary language buff or smth so that everyone can understand each other?

Last edited:
So, just queued into Naval Arena, the mode was still on stand by after 5 minutes, half the players had attack buffs and half didn't. Please fix.

@Sparkle Can you please buff language proficiency or something while in the event? Very difficult to understand your team if they don't even speak your language. I would say this is important for a team based game mode.

So, just queued into Naval Arena, the mode was still on stand by after 5 minutes, half the players had attack buffs and half didn't. Please fix.

Buffs were checked and working as intended. You need to choose buff for it to be applied. There are several options you need to choose from. If you don't do it in time, you'll not have the one at all.

@Sparkle Can you please buff language proficiency or something while in the event? Very difficult to understand your team if they don't even speak your language. I would say this is important for a team based game mode.

Good point. We'll work on it.

dunno how it will help but, here it goes xD
https://streamable.com/wzi9k

its as i said if u get this ship type, u're pretty much at a disadvantage, like I usually lose with this type of ship(bad luck i guess)... i wish u made both teams gettin same type of ships....

also can we get a temporary language buff or smth so that everyone can understand each other?

Very strange. We had it tested yesterday and worked just fine. Did anybody else have same issue?

yeah i'm not alone having this, usually ppl check and then play without radar ;/
if the radar is at the bottom, no problems ever... but if u need to climb that mast at the top - most likely its bugged...

also ppl STILL fall under the map while spawning ;/

yeah i'm not alone having this, usually ppl check and then play without radar ;/
if the radar is at the bottom, no problems ever... but if u need to climb that mast at the top - most likely its bugged...

also ppl STILL fall under the map while spawning ;/

When we check it, no issues are with that radar on the top, that's why I asked if somebody else have this issue to understand why some players experience it. Ships have different designs, that's why one has it on the pot and another on the bottom, but mechanism is the same.

Regarding the spawns, we'll move a spawn point a bit more higher with next update.

Buffs were checked and working as intended. You need to choose buff for it to be applied. There are several options you need to choose from. If you don't do it in time, you'll not have the one at all.

Yeah, here's the issue I'm pretty sure people get spawned into the arena after the buff period ends. Which also would explain why some players can have the stand by screen after the arena has started.

Hey, good night, i am reporting an bug... first, sorry for my english, im brazilian.... about the bug, i was doing one GR raid, and was calling ppl, then another ppl started to jaoin, without invite, and then i noticed the some of these are reds, PN and/or Pirates, i was in fortress waiting the ppl to join... after this i asked to one green and he said that he was on arena naval. i think that my raid merged with the naval raid, or something like this... thank you for the atention

Here are the links for SS that have an raid picture, 2 conversation and me at fortress, to show that i wasnt in arena.
https://imgur.com/reaf2km
https://imgur.com/YNQJEI3

Akashiya
<Tell No Tales>
East Faction

Back