What's new

Nerf Darkrunners before everyone is a darkrunner

Should darkruuners (specifically backstab and battlerage skills) be nerfed ?

• Total voters

hyperbell

The damage dark runners make is outrageous, specially on this server considering every dark runner is running around with divine/epic 2 handed weapon. there isn't a single class out there that can withstand the damage dark runners make. as a 5.1k stone arrow I can easily go down with a few hits by a dark runner and its not only me.
blighters, abolishers, all types of mages and archers go down with few hits.

This is game-breaking, having 1 class out-dps the other 99 classes. everyone I know is re-rolling and those who are have not are going to soon. even with 3.0 dark runners are still over powered.

Archeage official is on 4.0 and people are still complaining about dark runners.
Fix dark runners please, give everyone a fair chance in PvP.

They are in need of a nerf, but they are not game breaking.

A similarly geared abolisher/defiler should be able to win at least 7/10 times over a darkrunner tbh.

3.0's def pen nerf is a big help. Problem would be: How do you nerf them? If you mess with any battlerage damage you start screwing over tanks. Its just a problem with this game and its "Pick three trees and that's your class"

If we are talking about early to mid game, I can agree that their 1v1 damage is pretty high, but come late game their damage falls off and they aren't as strong especially in raid v raid scenario.

Late game mages are far more silly than dark runners.

If you think Darkrunners are OP, wait till you take a 19k meteor to the face, even though you have over 7k magic defence.

:uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh: If you nerf those abilities, I'm screwed as a one-hand user... There doesn't seem to be much thought put into this post. Please elaborate on what specifically should be changed, because the battlerage abilities themselves are definitely balanced percentage wise.

A similarly geared abolisher/defiler should be able to win at least 7/10 times over a darkrunner tbh.
So you mean the hard counters to the class should... be able to win 70% of the time?

Jesus, people.

Everybody knows DR is broken as fuck in 2.9 and ArcheAge, as a whole, has always favored high burst damage classes for the simple fact that it's much easier to get good weaponry than it is to get comparably high armour.

It's a braindead class. All you have to do is get the drop on someone and you should kill him or do a lot of damage and then disengage if the target is too tanky (which is now starting to be the case).

The fact that DRs can still beat their hard counters about 30% of the time (more often than that early on but less the case nowadays) is a quite visible example of how broken DR is as a class.

With that said, we're several months in. No point in nerfing it now, esp. with 3.0 SOMEWHERE around the corner.

If everyone is a Darkrunner, then the game would be balanced! Help me with my Darkrunnerball raid pvp spec pls.

Hello all nothing will be done with this class except for the natural changes made to the DR in 3.0

Hello all nothing will be done with this class except for the natural changes made to the DR in 3.0

This is the copy and paste stuff Trion let through that killed their own servers. What needs to be done is to half the time of stealth, while keeping the same cooldown.

Everyone blames battlerage for DR's being OP ........ It is infact their ability to disengage and re-engage at will. This is whats makes them op. Also the passive weapon abilities favour them more than most classes. You can spec nodachi for the crit stack with precision strike, or you can dual wield a shortspear for the passive defence pen.

There is a reason the koreans are changing the weapon passives and nullifying the synergy between shadowplay and battlerage. No class should have the ability to perma disengage a person on cooldown.

100% of the time. unless they are potting to hell I lose maybe 1 out of every 50 fights with a dr in arenas

indeed, they cant do anything about DR's or anything else. They can't change game codes, only reproduce existant ones.

There will always be coward people with desire to not fail in a game JUST LIKE THEY DO in their real life. Hence, there will always be Darkrunners around.

This is the copy and paste stuff Trion let through that killed their own servers. What needs to be done is to half the time of stealth, while keeping the same cooldown.

Everyone blames battlerage for DR's being OP ........ It is infact their ability to disengage and re-engage at will. This is whats makes them op. Also the passive weapon abilities favour them more than most classes. You can spec nodachi for the crit stack with precision strike, or you can dual wield a shortspear for the passive defence pen.

There is a reason the koreans are changing the weapon passives and nullifying the synergy between shadowplay and battlerage. No class should have the ability to perma disengage a person on cooldown.
Im sure this thread is going to be locked, but let me do a quick run through of why a mage is even more stupid than a darkrunner.

Let's assume we are in a small scale pvp situation, like a 10v10 or a 5v5. Come late game, on average, it takes a full rotation to kill a healer. This is not including things like other healers healing, or popping pots. When you factor in those two, suddenly it becomes much harder to kill a healer, and you might not even kill them. Let's say you did kill them with a full rotation. That would take roughly 5-6 seconds aftbefore they die, putting you out of position.

Lets say you are a spellsinger now. You press one button and you kill a fully buffed healer from 25 meters away, perfectly safe, with no counterplay.

Source: I was a spellsinger on live. Here are some of my 1 shots as a dual wield. I didn't even have a staff for maximum damage, and I had 1.3k mattk buffed, and not the best crit damage. Keep in mind that people with staffs and better gear than me hit 30k+ consistently on healers.

9249b65112.png

Epic buff archer that had an ancient library on.
ca793e0976.png

Fully buffed healer. Not that impressive, but for a budget spellsinger on cloth it was pretty good.
25fd94eb96.png

This is what happens when someone doesn't have honor gems.
6310dd4413.png

Trust me, mages are way worse.

Back