What's new

[New player] Reached 55, now what?

stuffe

Hi, I decided on playing a skullknight or cleric on east after watching a ton of class comparison videos.

I have the "The Riven Gates" quest but I'm having trouble finishing it in my timezone, I'm sure I will do it eventually.

What I'm wondering is whats the goal at 55+?
I can keep following the mainquest obviously;
I hear people running the library in diamond shores;
I understand getting land/farming/differnt lifeskills etc gives good gold, but if possible id rather avoid that in favour of actual combat.

I feel really lost and I'm basically AFKing around my farm at the moment...

gear/stats https://i.imgur.com/fpDM3pC.jpg
build https://i.imgur.com/PTr4wHe.png

Last edited:
Yea, good idea. I joined a random guild via the ingame guildfinder.
It's hard to figure out what focus different guilds have though.

I figured out I need 8 of x item in order to ascend to level past 55.
So far I have no idea how ppl meet up for dungeons/worldbosses/events etc, I see ppl "x up" in faction chat and I got the Ocleera Rift quest done this way, but it feels so random to me still.

I'm around 3k gearscore at the moment, so I assume my focus should be PvE in order to increase my powerlevel before I attempt any kind of PvP?
I still dont really understand gearing, I grabbed the support_pack thing but other than that its all random stuff i found on quests/drops.

What I'm wondering is whats the goal at 55+?

The goal is, essentially, to improve your gear. With improving it, you can do things like Mistsong hard mode with other geared people, or join a raid for some of the more challenging world bosses. The road to that goal is grinding gold in whatever way you prefer, while along the way remembering to have fun.

I have the "The Riven Gates" quest but I'm having trouble finishing it in my timezone, I'm sure I will do it eventually.

If you still wanna do some quests for nice rewards, start the custom chapters in Golden Ruins. Atm there's two of those, chapters 20 and 21, and you don't need to finish the original chapters first.

The goal is, essentially, to improve your gear. With improving it, you can do things like Mistsong hard mode with other geared people, or join a raid for some of the more challenging world bosses. The road to that goal is grinding gold in whatever way you prefer, while along the way remembering to have fun.

If you still wanna do some quests for nice rewards, start the custom chapters in Golden Ruins. Atm there's two of those, chapters 20 and 21, and you don't need to finish the original chapters first.
Thanks for your answer. :)

1) The thing is I dont really know any dungeon places, prices, events, bosses. If this was WoW for example I wouldve known exactly when to go when I reach max level and where all the dungeons are, how to get people for it.
In archeage I'm like a dropped kid lol

2) Oh, do I start this thought the questlog or do I just go to Golden Ruins and accept quests?

@stuffe you can go to Golden Ruins and accept the quest there. Regarding you not knowing much about the game and its events, people x up for stuff in nation chat. Make sure to join in to explore the game. In raids there's most often someone who'd expain what's going on.

Back