What's new

New Player - Start in EU or NA

Naught

Hello all,

First of all I'm a completely new player to this game. AA sounds like my ideal mmo but was driven back by all the p2w/trion stuff I've read, which wouldn't bother me that much if I could at least be able to catch up and be competitive in PvP. From my understanding this version of the game brings the p2w to a more reasonable level.

Having said that, as an EU resident, is it better to go to the RU version (are there enough active english speaking players/guilds there, is the community ok or toxic etc), or is it better to get on the NA server with a fresh start and english support?

The IP given shows my latency at around 180-190 ms, would that kill my chances at PvP/PvE? Tried on official NA and the delay is noticable but bearable (tried killing some critters on a new char).

Any other comments/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

With 180-190 ms you're better of going to RU, there's a lot of ENG Players there already so you'd be fine on that part, that ping will hinder you a lot and make the game unplayable, and how is your connection so bad? I'm from EU too and i get 70 ping on NA

Most, if not all of the english speaking guilds and players are coming to the NA version. RU version has also been up for a long time and you will be very very far behind starting now. I recommend trying out the NA server tomorrow and seeing if your ping is bearable.

Most, if not all of the english speaking guilds and players are coming to the NA version. RU version has also been up for a long time and you will be very very far behind starting now. I recommend trying out the NA server tomorrow and seeing if your ping is bearable.
No not really, barely any will be going there. Judgement Unfortunate Nyash etc will be staying my guy

With 180-190 ms you're better of going to RU, there's a lot of ENG Players there already so you'd be fine on that part, that ping will hinder you a lot and make the game unplayable, and how is your connection so bad? I'm from EU too and i get 70 ping on NA

Well I live on an island on the East side of EU, using a 20 Mbps connection so...I could upgrade but it's not on my immediate to-do list

I can say for sure that Judgement has trouble maintaining over 15 concurrent players, can't speak for the other guilds. Either way, doesn't change the fact that East Haven dominates the server, their average gearscore is like 5k, and is pretty much freefarming.

That's also one of the issues I had about starting there, how much others have progressed and if English guilds are gonna stay or transfer etc. I really like the Grouping / OW PvP while-leveling experience so probably going to try the NA version and see whether or not the lag is too much. Hopefully it will be ok. I play/tried playing other NA-server games and had mixed results. SWL works fine for example but Neverwinter was too laggy. Fingers crossed i guess.

Back