What's new

Piece of Collection Breather

Vapewave

Back on August 12, 2018, Sparkle said:

There is a way to get this item. It has been added into the game. If you think it's not worth your time, another player will spend his time to collect, buy pieces he's missing, combine and get the item. Then more new items will be available for sale. So, if you don't want to spend time collecting and searching for other pieces, you can wait for another player to do it and just buy it from him.
Time consuming - yes, no way to get it - no.

Coming up on a year and a half later, I have found all of one (1) piece of collection breather. The AH has none. I doubt 300 scraps even exist on this server, and guarantee literally no one has created a breather using this method. Addressing one particular sentence:

If you think it's not worth your time, another player will spend his time to collect, buy pieces he's missing, combine and get the item.

This has been proven wrong at this point. The drop rate on these items is so incredibly rare that it might as well be removed from the game, because as it stands now, vaultstone shards are a superior drop, because at least the product of those can be vendored for a couple silver.

I would like to put forward the suggestion of either increasing the drop-rate tenfold, or creating a vendor where vaultstone shards(or some other not-insanely-rare drop from treasure chests) can be spent as a currency to buy pieces of this and other rare designs, so as to make it a worthwhile part of the game. The method that was used to introduce these items for gameplay instead of P2W has not worked.

Story of AR:
"reee item is P2W only"
"okay, we will add it to game" *insanely impossible requirement* "okay, it's in game now, obtainable by players"
A few months later
"COLLECTION BREATHER ADDED TO LOOT BOX !!!!"

Everyone knew it was made impossible to get. We knew since day one.
Did anything change? no.
Do you expect it now? no.

You asked for the statistics, so here it is.
Players currently have on hands more than a thousand of such pieces. Somebody has a few dozens, someone more than a hundred. Players were crafting the breather from that pieces as well after they were added. It's not impossible, just requires efforts. You can gather them yourself or trade. But we can't make other players to trade these pieces with you if they don't want.

Players currently have on hands more than a thousand of such pieces. Somebody has a few dozens, someone more than a hundred. Players were crafting the breather from that pieces as well after they were added. It's not impossible, just requires efforts. You can gather them yourself or trade. But we can't make other players to trade these pieces with you if they don't want.

So u say that ppl gathered in over a year scraps for like 5 colection breathers ?

This just goes to prove my point. Two people have more than a couple on the entire server, and none of them are selling. This drop is far too rare to be worthwhile. Please fix it. As is, it's practically impossible to create a breather using this method.

I imagine those who have a lot are buying them to get it, thats why they dont sell.. and those who have little (like me) try sell it but hard to find a buyer if theres only a couple looking for it. Small chance buyers and sellers are on at the same time.

Well the stat doesn't say how many players who have scraps are still active.
Anyways, the server is free and I see the collection breather as a fat burst of money for whenever they release it. For the dev-team I mean.
Since the server is free, I don't mind this little cash-grab myself personally.
But I get why people would be upset about it. 20K is basically a regular price whenever it drops in a box. How many traderuns is it to make it worth having +30% speed ? I doubt anyone runs enough packs in his life for that tbh, just seems like a tool to lower the chance of being pirated and lessen frustration rather than an investment to help speed up the gold-grind.

Back