What's new

Player Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
how is the nation gonna kill the server

what kills a server is when babies who dont get their way give up after a week :s

stop being invertebrates

History shows that servers tend to die after 3-4 weeks of player nations, on live anyways. It's impossible to keep up on gold income and gear progression with the nation and eventually all the content gets dominated(very quickly I might add). Now that was live and there was limited labor and that content meant substantially more so who knows maybe it will be ok here? It's the admin's risk to take with the activity and not ours. It will be interesting to see how it is when I come back from vacation, I suppose I should be putting more focus back into my job anyways ha.

Time will tell, we have to see how the admins handle them here. If they are left like they are in live with no balancing at all over time, ozio is right.

Every player nation I ever seen made... and I been on many live server with them end the same way with the people fleeing the server (except quitting is the only option here).

Nations take all the top geared players and most active players from all factions. (as any endgame guild would if they could)

So after a few weeks you have 30-40 people in a faction show up to contested content Gearscores ranging on average from 3000 to 5500 vs 80 ppl in a nation 6.5k - 8k gearscore ppl who are use to working with each other. Does not take a genius to see how that will end.

And when a nation can bring in nearly 10xs the gold of another non-nation guild... it is impossible to catch up without whaling on the cashshop.

Yea people will contest at first, but after both nuia and harani factions eventually are limited to CR/GR/Halcy/potato packs. Yea the server will die.

Nations sound good on paper, they are fun as hell if you are in one. But anything outside the nation gets torn apart, non-nation players stop coming to content, and the server goes free farm.

Time will tell, we have to see how the admins handle them here. If they are left like they are in live with no balancing at all over time, ozio is right.

Every player nation I ever seen made... and I been on many live server with them end the same way with the people fleeing the server (except quitting is the only option here).

Nations take all the top geared players and most active players from all factions. (as any endgame guild would if they could)

So after a few weeks you have 30-40 people in a faction show up to contested content Gearscores ranging on average from 3000 to 5500 vs 80 ppl in a nation 6.5k - 8k gearscore ppl who are use to working with each other. Does not take a genius to see how that will end.

And when a nation can bring in nearly 10xs the gold of another non-nation guild... it is impossible to catch up without whaling on the cashshop.

Yea people will contest at first, but after both nuia and harani factions eventually are limited to CR/GR/Halcy/potato packs. Yea the server will die.

Nations sound good on paper, they are fun as hell if you are in one. But anything outside the nation gets torn apart, non-nation players stop coming to content, and the server goes free farm.

vikings out gear 10 boys quite a bit....the only reason the server will die is because people quit showing up to shit. If theyre tired of losing, maybe theyre doing something wrong and should actually try to improve instead of facerolling the keyboard and wondering what theyre doing wrong

1o boys doesnt take just any geared player btw...they have a whole interview process you have to go through to get in, they dont just mass recruit any potato with a weapon like the other large guilds. If you dont understand what contributes to the health of a server, I can see why youd think nation is the only reason a server would die. All guilds on a server play a part in the population and health of a server

how is the nation gonna kill the server

what kills a server is when babies who dont get their way give up after a week :s

stop being invertebrates

Just check any live server with player Nation and tell me how "live" they look like :)

PS: For you it's the same since you are in nation, and vikings cant contest 10b because 10b bring pirates, nuians and haranians with them. So gl on the zergs

vikings out gear 10 boys quite a bit....the only reason the server will die is because people quit showing up to shit. If theyre tired of losing, maybe theyre doing something wrong and should actually try to improve instead of facerolling the keyboard and wondering what theyre doing wrong

1o boys doesnt take just any geared player btw...they have a whole interview process you have to go through to get in, they dont just mass recruit any potato with a weapon like the other large guilds. If you dont understand what contributes to the health of a server, I can see why youd think nation is the only reason a server would die. All guilds on a server play a part in the population and health of a server

I love the fact that everyone was just speaking in Nation in general, experiences from other servers and you saw it as a direct attack to your guild and had to come here "defend it" and "excuse it". It's just hilarious. xD

For the rest of people, leave 10boys drama out of this and keep the rest of the discussion, please. Ty.

You're right that people don't really have the option of running away on this server, one of the issues on the live servers was that if a group of players started losing and they didn't want to fight, they could just transfer their whole guild over to one of the lower population servers to farm gold and boss mats without ever having to worry about PvP.

Personally, I would argue that the scenario described above is as problematic as the concept of nations themselves. A nation is essentially a pirate faction without the jail penalty that can also own castles, and based on these aspects alone, I do believe that nations are somewhat overpowered in some sense. However, I am unsure of a way to balance them properly without completely removing the benefit of creating one in the first place. If anyone has relevant suggestions, I'm all ears.

While it is true that nations can recruit from both factions, the nation cannot absorb every geared player from the leaderboards.

Currently, the gear disparity that you described in your post in not entirely accurate. I've gone ahead and browsed through the top 100 players, noted which guilds these players are from, and observed that the number of nation (10B+Bandulu+Big Damage) vs. non-nation players (eGirl + Unlucky + Viking + Privateers + 10BWBD) is roughly equivalent.

If you averaged the gearscore of each of these two separate forces, they would be relatively similar. If you broke things down on a guild-guild basis however, you may see a larger gap depending on which guilds you were to compare.

You are correct in that a nation can bring in 10x the gold of another non-nation guild, however, that doesn't mean they necessarily will.

Out of curiosity I've decided to do a bit of investigating. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

On a rough estimate, the "nation" of 3 guilds brings in the following on a weekly basis:
- 540 Lord Coins a week (3 Castles) = ~50k
- 3 Kraken Ink Sacs a week = ~60k
- 3 Unique Kraken Drops a week = ~25-50k based on a personal valuation, and depending on RNG
- Misc. Loot (Hanure/Nazar/Morph/Glenn/Meina/Lucky Points/RD/Etc.) = ~25-100k+

Conservative Total: 100k / week
Average Total: 200k / week
Generous Total: 300k / week

Income Per Guild (Assuming loot is distributed completely equally for comparison's sake, even though it isn't):
- Conservative: 33.3k / week per guild
- Average: 66.6k / week per guild
- Generous: 100k / week per guild

______

As of right now, the "nation" does not actively participate in force at the following events:
- DGS (6K Gold every day)
- Abyssal Attack (40k Gold 3 times a week)
- Nuimari Castle (18k per week)
- Heedmar Castle (18k per week)
- Marcala Castle (18k per week)

______

Based on the aforementioned information, it's not remotely possible for the nation itself, let alone a single one of the nation guilds, to be farming 10 times the amount of gold that another content guild could unless they simply decided to just give up or not work together. If your guild is having gold problems, perhaps consider attempting bosses such as anthalon and glenn/meina, each of them spawn 6 times per day after all. DGS has also not been killed in quite some time either, and showing up in full force at abyssal attack is another option as well.

Just check any live server with player Nation and tell me how "live" they look like :)

PS: For you it's the same since you are in nation, and vikings cant contest 10b because 10b bring pirates, nuians and haranians with them. So gl on the zergs
While player nations definitely did play a role in fragmenting the population of the live servers, it would be quite unreasonable to give them all of the credit for doing so. It's undeniable that almost all of us have had some sort of negative experience with Trion in some fashion, one doesn't have to be a genius to be able to understand that they run their game terribly.

People in this game also have a way of complaining a lot about about servers "dying", the reality is that ArcheAge in its current state, whether the private server, official, or really any other MMO with as much progression as ArcheAge, is simply not sustainable in the very long-term. In these types of games, people will always fall behind and quit, or simply get tired of the grinding and take a break or find something new.

People are more than capable of contesting events, it's just a matter of how hard they are willing to try. Unfortunately, a lot of groups tend to get down and start giving up once they start losing. While the PvP in ArcheAge is fast paced, the battles over content are often attrition-based, it's essentially an endurance game that's all about who burns out first.

I have a vague recollection of the first player nation on retail and it struck me at the time of simply one more way to siphon cash from the player base.

Just wanted to add, don't forget how difficult it is to build a player nation its not just handed out. If you want something go out organize and fight for it, cuz of right nw yall just complaining..

Vikings outgear each of the three guild by a decent amount, they're mostly from a guild that was free farming the server at the start and when got contested disbanded and most split off into different guilds and some bandwagon as they do, as someone who was in a guild who went from winning everything to losing everything after a 2 guild merge + extras from other guilds i believe that its possible to constantly contest the player nation if you tried, Welcome got 1 or 2 krakens in 2 months and we fought every single day over Anthalon and other bosses. If you guys don't have the mental fortitude to be able to contest quit complaining about the player nation

Well for my guild that bosses are meaningless and i am not going to do anything to contest useless piece of content (they are equal for me with flamelord but drop gold packs and hentai tentacles that 10b can use God know what for) its super easy to find way around and dont need anything from these bosses and here is small advice from me, just go ayanad gear. I have no issues with Nation become a thing just dont get tempted to join them cuz of boss farming its very exhousting and i my opinion kill fun of game ^^" GL with ur regrades

Vikings outgear each of the three guild by a decent amount, they're mostly from a guild that was free farming the server at the start and when got contested disbanded and most split off into different guilds and some bandwagon as they do, as someone who was in a guild who went from winning everything to losing everything after a 2 guild merge + extras from other guilds i believe that its possible to constantly contest the player nation if you tried, Welcome got 1 or 2 krakens in 2 months and we fought every single day over Anthalon and other bosses. If you guys don't have the mental fortitude to be able to contest quit complaining about the player nation

Me, Lillith, and Cipher are the only ones from BT that still play and are with Vikings.. BT is irrelevant to this lol and they mostly disbanded due to some leadership issue and being burnt out from Kraken. Like 90% of Vikings came in 2018 probably. Spreading false info is annoying af. But also bc of the way this server is, I personally don't think nation matters as much as people make it out to be.

Last edited:
Me, Lillith, and Cipher are the only ones from BT that still play and are with Vikings.. BT is irrelevant to this lol and they mostly disbanded due to some leadership issue and being burnt out from Kraken. Like 90% of Vikings came in 2018 probably. Spreading false info is annoying af. But also bc of the way this server is, I personally don't think nation matters as much as people make it out to be.
tell that to halcy last night where they destroyed east and west

i believe PN will kill the server i get it the RU server its fine BUT Americans are raised different and our culture is Different then RU. you really should take that in to calculation.

tell that to halcy last night where they destroyed east and west

i believe PN will kill the server i get it the RU server its fine BUT Americans are raised different and our culture is Different then RU. you really should take that in to calculation.

I mean, we've just been fighting pirates really we don't pick on east or west other than kill them in pvp at halcy, we still help one side win .we cant get any warrior medals so its just to pvp for fun. pirates have even numbers as us and the fights are fun, the server isn't revolved around carebears. if u wanna pvp pick a side or create a 3rd side and fight both

Last edited:
I'd like to throw my penny into the mix. If that's okay...

While i can attest to the befall of the "Live" server's due to PN's. As a lot of others have explained in posts above mine. I don't think it's right, nor fair, to throw our servers PN under the bus just yet. As they've not demonstrated any actions like those players on the "live" servers.

I think what most are forgetting here is that WE ALL prayed, for the most part, for this private server to become a reality. We are all here because we want this to succeed, and i admit when i heard about player nation being formed i got defensive as fk. This is our server, i've seen first hand what Core did to Rangora. They took over West and East Honor - there was no honor to be gained outside of the arena's and Kadum. That drove the players away to other servers. If that option was not around, much like the option we have here. People will just leave, because they don't want to deal with the same shit they had to on the crappy servers they left.

With that being said, the player nation we have here hasn't shown any signs of ill will towards one side more than another. I haven't seen them show up at our CR's / GR's and just start wiping the floor with all the 2k babies on the server. They (all that i've spoken to) have all spoken with respect and dignity (aside from the occasional trolls, which is going to happen) towards one another in faction chat even in the face of diversity and vitriol that's been spewed their direction over the last couple days. Any other person, player or guild would've called KoS and made everyone's lives miserable damn near immediately. They haven't done that.

I think that alone says a hell of a lot about the kind of PN we can expect to have here. I also think as long as we all still love this server, there's no PN strong enough to destroy it.

#PatronsPennies

I'd like to throw my penny into the mix. If that's okay...

While i can attest to the befall of the "Live" server's due to PN's. As a lot of others have explained in posts above mine. I don't think it's right, nor fair, to throw our servers PN under the bus just yet. As they've not demonstrated any actions like those players on the "live" servers.

I think what most are forgetting here is that WE ALL prayed, for the most part, for this private server to become a reality. We are all here because we want this to succeed, and i admit when i heard about player nation being formed i got defensive as fk. This is our server, i've seen first hand what Core did to Rangora. They took over West and East Honor - there was no honor to be gained outside of the arena's and Kadum. That drove the players away to other servers. If that option was not around, much like the option we have here. People will just leave, because they don't want to deal with the same shit they had to on the crappy servers they left.

With that being said, the player nation we have here hasn't shown any signs of ill will towards one side more than another. I haven't seen them show up at our CR's / GR's and just start wiping the floor with all the 2k babies on the server. They (all that i've spoken to) have all spoken with respect and dignity (aside from the occasional trolls, which is going to happen) towards one another in faction chat even in the face of diversity and vitriol that's been spewed their direction over the last couple days. Any other person, player or guild would've called KoS and made everyone's lives miserable damn near immediately. They haven't done that.

I think that alone says a hell of a lot about the kind of PN we can expect to have here. I also think as long as we all still love this server, there's no PN strong enough to destroy it.

#PatronsPennies

The PN will not be actively griefing either side constantly, sure we will show up to one or two grs to get our quests done but thats it, we wont camp each and every one of them until everyone quits, we're trying to avoid that. There will be the one or two oddballs who don't listen and go mess with you guys but its not a lot of people so you should be able to handle them yourselves, unlike the pirate zerg we aren't whales, some are but not most. We won't have 20k gs above everyone else like they do. Our main purpose is to be able to fight the pirates as one front than two and being scared to go in and be a victim to friendly fire. In halcy, we aren't biased to one side. we help both sides equally, one day we'll help west win the other east and thats how it should be with people from both factions going either pirate or nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back