What's new

Please No RNG Boxes!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I heard around that RNG boxes are going to be added to the cash shop. I can't find anything on the forums about it, so not sure if it's just a rumor or it's been confirmed somewhere. However I think I speak for the majority when I say that we do not want RNG boxes on this server.

Currently, there isn't a huge "p2w" element in the game. You can get a bit of a boost to things, like leveling faster if done right, but there's not a whole lot that gives you a large advantage over other players. That's what really sets this server apart from official. That, and the staff seeming to be much more competent and willing to listening to the community. If RNG boxes are added to the cash shop, that will change all of that. The items obtained from these boxes would completely change the in-game economy and meta as it stands. It would enable whales to dish out large amounts of money to overtake the rest of the player-base.

Now, I understand that the server needs to get donations somehow, but I can assure you that most players would prefer this isn't the way. The server will have a longer lifespan and be more successful in the long run if things are kept "not-p2w" as they are now.

What I would suggest is instead of making boxes that have the chances to drop costumes or special (non-advantage-giving) items, instead sell those items for a fair price on the cash shop outright. Instead of selling a bunch of boxes for 300 credits, sell the costume for 3,500 credits. This will negate the ability to p2w while still driving people to donate to the server and keep the flow of transactions moving. Other items like this can then follow in the same path. This would really be the best route to keep ArcheRage superior to official.

Back