What's new

[Poll] Arena afk changes

Arena search cancellation for afk players

• Yes, remove player from the search if he receives -AWAY- tag.

Votes: 93 86.1%
  • No, player should remain in the search even with -AWAY- tag till he gets Arena Invitation.

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Plz add: Get the status "away" inside of any arena will be kicked from arena and can't enter again for 1 day (debuff). Every time i see someone w/ alts or afk inside

@Epic

Its funny that you mention not getting paired up with people a lot lower than you, cause I wind up getting Kiwi and Front at least once a day when queuing. I believe Im about 4350 or something in Glads, yet I still get matched with them while they're 6k+. Granted, I lose less of my overall score when matching with them (only lose-20 or something instead of the usual 48-50). Funny that I've not gotten you at all. Could it perhaps have anything to do with the times you're queuing?

As for the rest of the thread, yes, removing a player from the search if they get the away tag would be great, also applying a penalty to people who get the away tag while in the arena would be great too. Glad this is being addressed though.

So what happens if that -AWAY- person is removed from arena. Does that mean your team will still be lacking and get a disadvantage? or will it put all of you in arena in Standby mode and get trapped until another player queue's.

So what happens if that -AWAY- person is removed from arena. Does that mean your team will still be lacking and get a disadvantage? or will it put all of you in arena in Standby mode and get trapped until another player queue's.

Currently the majority of votes is for the idea of removing the players from the arena queue right when they get tag -AWAY-. That means, if such change is implemented, search will continue until the needed quantity is filled. Only then, everybody will get the Arena invitation window, so nobody will need to wait extra time in standby.

@Epic

Its funny that you mention not getting paired up with people a lot lower than you, cause I wind up getting Kiwi and Front at least once a day when queuing. I believe Im about 4350 or something in Glads, yet I still get matched with them while they're 6k+. Granted, I lose less of my overall score when matching with them (only lose-20 or something instead of the usual 48-50). Funny that I've not gotten you at all. Could it perhaps have anything to do with the times you're queuing?

As for the rest of the thread, yes, removing a player from the search if they get the away tag would be great, also applying a penalty to people who get the away tag while in the arena would be great too. Glad this is being addressed though.

Yeah if 2 players sit in queue against each other in a different rating group it will force them against you. However it takes forever and kiwi or front would have been in queue a lot longer than you

Back