What's new

[Poll] Increase Infamy: Yes/No/Maybe

Do we need to increase Infamy Points player can get for assault and killing?

• No

Votes: 139 46.3%
  • Yes, x2

Votes: 88 29.3%
  • Yes, x3

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • Yes, x4

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Yes, x5

Votes: 89 29.7%

• Total voters
Current Infamy System is not fine stop say it is.

It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is. It's fine as it is.

The only reason anybody is in here crying at these kinds of screeching liberal quantities is because the devs made the change and now you guys think you can STOP MUH GREEN PIRATEZ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Purpling on someone is not PvP, why are these people afraid to fight reds? There are few in East that waits until you make a pack to gank.

It's like people don't read above...
You act like all green pirates do is kill other greens. That isn't the case at all. They kill reds, pirates, and PN too.

ppl have alrteady stacked hundreds of them putting them on long CD would be solution and making them avalible thru quest or something for infamy also would be interesting instead just buy for honor.

That is a great idea! I think they made that happen in 4.0 or so where the drought has a 12 hour CD and its honor cost was increased. Perhaps we should make a poll?

Adding x5 sort of makes it easier for the higher geared players to kill lower gear players.. like ~ you are happily driving your cart trough hellswamp get attacked get killed.. you report.. OHNO the attacker is wanted now.. But he still has your cart.. what are you gonna do.. he's not going to purple anymore.. so you have to purple.. and then.. well your packs are stolen and you end up in jail GG

That is a great idea! I think they made that happen in 4.0 or so where the drought has a 12 hour CD and its honor cost was increased. Perhaps we should make a poll?

It's like people don't even play this game or know what happens. There are infamy reduction quests in-game already.

I think it's fine and has never been a problem, no need to increase it. I don't ever remember anyone complaining over infamy.

It's like people don't even play this game or know what happens. There are infamy reduction quests in-game already.

I'm well aware that there are quests, and they were there way before the draught was introduced. I don't mind you going and grinding your way out of infamy, as long as you put an effort into it vs just buying 30 draughts and having 0 infamy in 1 minute.

Prior to accidental change and resulting fanfare there was no discussion on this forum about the issues "rampant" bloodlusters/purplers and their infamy gain. Why then now suddenly too many people care and want to blow things out of proportion to the point that there is namecalling and someone getting forum banned

The fact is we would not be here today and there would be no change in the works at all if not for accident.

In hindsight there is no issue with infamy GAIN.

However, infamy REDUCTION is far too easy - you should have to work at it a bit more than currently; this is the real issue as has been pointed out by many in this thread. (Thanks guys :D)

However, the solution is not to make it so that the Gain is increased, rather, that the mechanics of the reduction are not as simple as they stand in current system. You must do more work that currently you are made to, which is practically nothing at all :D You just buy a ton of draughts and boom cleared. XD

More to this point is that currently you may endlessly purple and drink. This means that you can be a consistent nuisance in perpetuity while playing and still not be punished, especially with increased honor gain rate on this server.

Maybe make it that if you use potion you are disabled from bloodlusting/purpling for a 0.5-2 hour timer or whatever timer.
This would work similar to the Clear Mind debuff/buff from sleeping which doesn't let you regen labor from the bed for 22 hours.
That way you can clear your infamy but you cannot go out to do crime so soon/fast after your initial activity. Alternatively, could make is so you can purple duing the timer but if you do, THEN, and only THEN do you get increased infamy gain rate compared to normal.

Also another similar good proposal seen is to have cooldown on using the draughts. This would make it so again you can clear your infamy but you can't do it so quickly that you can easily go out and crime again in a short period of time.
12h seems very long however if we want to keep pvp viable as it's basically saying you cannot do the thing you liked doing till tomorrow even though you got maybe 10 minutes of action ;) 0.5-2 hour is enough to go do something else (farming, GHA, event, whatever) and then come back.

Both these implementations put a soft cap on the rate of crime while still making it a viable play style.

Let's keep having a good discussion about this guys :)

Last edited:
Player vs Player is Purple vs Green or Green vs Red. Personally I'd rather steal from reds, and only enjoy stealing from greens who steal from greens, but I'm against changing the system. PvP drives this game. If you want to make bigger gold, you need to take some risks. You want to keep your packs/fish, you need gear, gear drives the economy. Take that out and you loose the market for all the stuff the carebears sell, including the ayanad scrolls and jewelry Havoc likes to sell so much.

The only change that seems fair to me is doubling the price of the draughts. Honor (exp, drop) rates are doubled, and that's so folks can get geared faster, and makes the whole game less grindy. Raise the price of draughts and folks will have to be a bit more cautious with their crime points. Do more than that and the economy will be messed up.

i would say they should x2 or x3 the Infamy cus Jail time is notthing and i think ppl should get somekind of punishment when thy killing their own Faction .. something like -50% Honor for xx Time so keep the Jail Time and add a Debuff after Jail time is done

Player vs Player is Purple vs Green or Green vs Red. Personally I'd rather steal from reds, and only enjoy stealing from greens who steal from greens, but I'm against changing the system. PvP drives this game. If you want to make bigger gold, you need to take some risks. You want to keep your packs/fish, you need gear, gear drives the economy. Take that out and you loose the market for all the stuff the carebears sell, including the ayanad scrolls and jewelry Havoc likes to sell so much.

The only change that seems fair to me is doubling the price of the draughts. Honor (exp, drop) rates are doubled, and that's so folks can get geared faster, and makes the whole game less grindy. Raise the price of draughts and folks will have to be a bit more cautious with their crime points. Do more than that and the economy will be messed up.

Doubling the draughts cost will not work cuz they are bought from AH, if u make them undtradable then yes.
12h cd on draughts sems fair, there is also quest u can do to lower infamy.

You calling nr.2 glad arena guy carebar ^^". I pvp a lot my ping just not allow me be even moderate good at it.

I really care about game overall, we cannot forget that is mmorpg its not just pvp game as some ppl see it its not just log in kill bunch of low gs players and log off like some ppl play it. Aspect of factions is very important and Crimes should be meaningfull same as Jury system.

Last edited:
Why would you wanna double infamy when you double it all the purple will turn into pirates. We have to waste more draughts. Those carebear will increase. We should promote pvp instead of doing carebear and turn into dead live server!! You should reduce infamy and crime pts for pvp so more ppl will fight and have fun!

It ain't fair, if u wanna increase infamy then you should make pirate nation not wanted in west and east continent too to promote pvp. Cause all the NOOBS who purple will go pirate from purpling and they won't fight anywhere. When they die they go jail man.

Do u know why everyone leave live? Because they make 1 kill =50 crime = instant wanted. That is one road to hell of everyone quiting the game

I think this 2x proposal will be a good experiment for the server. The green pirates are getting away with almost no consequence as though this is an fps game and this will one day affect the overall state of game imo. People either follow the meta or leave as they get stomped on by some guy who started when the server opened and has no option but to either "get better" or quit the game. This is an mmorpg like havockitty has mentioned and having the only justice recourse to be obsolete just kills the very meaning of having a jury system. I'm voting for 3x.

Maybe make it that if you use potion you are disabled from bloodlusting/purpling for a 0.5-2 hour timer or whatever timer.
This would work similar to the Clear Mind debuff/buff from sleeping which doesn't let you regen labor from the bed for 22 hours.
That way you can clear your infamy but you cannot go out to do crime so soon/fast after your initial activity. Alternatively, could make is so you can purple duing the timer but if you do, THEN, and only THEN do you get increased infamy gain rate compared to normal.

Also another similar good proposal seen is to have cooldown on using the draughts. This would make it so again you can clear your infamy but you can't do it so quickly that you can easily go out and crime again in a short period of time.
12h seems very long however if we want to keep pvp viable as it's basically saying you cannot do the thing you liked doing till tomorrow even though you got maybe 10 minutes of action ;) 0.5-2 hour is enough to go do something else (farming, GHA, event, whatever) and then come back.

Both these implementations put a soft cap on the rate of crime while still making it a viable play style.

Let's keep having a good discussion about this guys :)

oooh i like this much better than increasing infamy! these things you proposed actually would make people think more about all aspects of infamy, not just the killing/stealing part. also the parts, do i wanna go trial or use a pot and then maybe not purple for a while..etc

thank you for your thoughts!

Back