What's new

[Poll] Increase Infamy: Yes/No/Maybe

Do we need to increase Infamy Points player can get for assault and killing?

• No

Votes: 139 46.3%
  • Yes, x2

Votes: 88 29.3%
  • Yes, x3

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • Yes, x4

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Yes, x5

Votes: 89 29.7%

• Total voters
Why not give draughts a 48 hr cooldown. I think that would even things out.
And make it cost like 4x more.
Let infamy gain remain the same.

It is based on the events like halcy, and it's not like you can group with reds either. The ability to attack your own faction allows the pirate faction to exist. So another faction based system.
East/west faction kinda gets screwed atm when it comes to punishing law breakers. PN can kick u right out of it. Pissing off the other pirates is bad cause then everyone can kill you without consequence.
Green pirates just chug draughts and nothing happens.

To go with Scapegoat's reply, just because there are events like Halcyona and MM doesn't mean it's a faction-based game, it just means that there are some events that force you to work under the umbrella of your current faction. Even then, you're still allowed to purple people in Halcy and MM in your own faction, so your point is moot.

To be honest, to combat the doubling of honor, halving the effect of Draughts while also increasing ways to clear infamy in other ways would be a different way to approach it. Or, you know...do nothing at all because if you can't protect yourself from a couple of green pirates or can't find ways to circumvent their presence, what the shit are you doing in a combat zone? It's honestly comical that I've snuck packs past green pirates, and yet I see people who just flagrantly drive right by them and then complain in Nation chat for an hour that they got robbed. If you were stupid enough to drive through a combat zone and take zero precautions to secure your packs, you deserve to be robbed.

To go with Scapegoat's reply, just because there are events like Halcyona and MM doesn't mean it's a faction-based game, it just means that there are some events that force you to work under the umbrella of your current faction. Even then, you're still allowed to purple people in Halcy and MM in your own faction, so your point is moot.

To be honest, to combat the doubling of honor, halving the effect of Draughts while also increasing ways to clear infamy in other ways would be a different way to approach it. Or, you know...do nothing at all because if you can't protect yourself from a couple of green pirates or can't find ways to circumvent their presence, what the shit are you doing in a combat zone? It's honestly comical that I've snuck packs past green pirates, and yet I see people who just flagrantly drive right by them and then complain in Nation chat for an hour that they got robbed. If you were stupid enough to drive through a combat zone and take zero precautions to secure your packs, you deserve to be robbed.

If AA wouldnt be faction based game we didnt have diferent factions.

And i would vote for 12h-24h cooldown on draughts and no changes in gaining crime points.
Cuz gaining crime points is conected with gaining infamy right ? And this is balanced with going Pirate. People have chance to remove their crime points and still be able to steal stuff in reasonable ammounts. Well and if they like to be criminals they will be criminals.

Last edited:
So people are basically complaining about green pirates in an OPEN WORLD setting about getting ganked. It's open world people, if you're getting ganked / purpled on find a different route or get your guild to help you. Especially if you're going through a damn combat zone.

This is how i see the conversation going down... and is the only thing i can come up with for the reason why this is even a topic...

Noob says "I just got ganked by green pirates!!"
Faction "Why are you doing silly trade runs as a noob?"
Noob says "It's more profitable"
Faction "Why dont you do safer runs until you are able to protect yourself better?"
Noob says "I'm playing catch up, how am i ever gonna get better if i keep getting ganked by my own faction!"
Faction "Why don't you do safer runs until you are able to protect yourself better?"
Noob "You're a jackass, i'll take it to forums so i can make sure green pirates are punished more severely for their actions!"
Faction "Good luck with that."
**two hours later**
Faction *reads forums*
Faction "well shit...there are a lot more noobs than we anticipated"

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is a pvp game and making changes to how that happens and how things get removed can potentially mess up the entire game. I would prefer that we focus our attentions on other things that are far more pressing than something as trivial as this; maybe focus on playing the game and getting better and having fun. There's a pretty kewl concept, prob kinda new to some folks just coming over from Trionrupcy but this server is in an entirely different league than what that garbage could've ever dreamed about being in. While i do commend the efforts of the noobs there is nothing that needs to change besides their own way of thinking. To the best of my knowledge this game is still a sandbox. Maybe if you'd stop throwing your sand out of your box and into other people's faces you would have enough sand to actually be able to do something other than complain about something that doesn't need changing.

So people are basically complaining about green pirates in an OPEN WORLD setting about getting ganked. It's open world people, if you're getting ganked / purpled on find a different route or get your guild to help you. Especially if you're going through a damn combat zone.

This is how i see the conversation going down... and is the only thing i can come up with for the reason why this is even a topic...

Noob says "I just got ganked by green pirates!!"
Faction "Why are you doing silly trade runs as a noob?"
Noob says "It's more profitable"
Faction "Why dont you do safer runs until you are able to protect yourself better?"
Noob says "I'm playing catch up, how am i ever gonna get better if i keep getting ganked by my own faction!"
Faction "Why don't you do safer runs until you are able to protect yourself better?"
Noob "You're a jackass, i'll take it to forums so i can make sure green pirates are punished more severely for their actions!"
Faction "Good luck with that."
**two hours later**
Faction *reads forums*
Faction "well shit...there are a lot more noobs than we anticipated"

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is a pvp game and making changes to how that happens and how things get removed can potentially mess up the entire game. I would prefer that we focus our attentions on other things that are far more pressing than something as trivial as this; maybe focus on playing the game and getting better and having fun. There's a pretty kewl concept, prob kinda new to some folks just coming over from Trionrupcy but this server is in an entirely different league than what that garbage could've ever dreamed about being in. While i do commend the efforts of the noobs there is nothing that needs to change besides their own way of thinking. To the best of my knowledge this game is still a sandbox. Maybe if you'd stop throwing your sand out of your box and into other people's faces you would have enough sand to actually be able to do something other than complain about something that doesn't need changing.

You are correct that game is pvp but at this point all you are correct in ending.

Discusion is about crime/penalty system and noone complaining that get ganked but we can see ppl Try defend not working crime system without using any facts and arguments.

Last edited:
You are correct that game is pvp but at this point all you are correct in ending.

Discusion is about crime/penalty system and noone complaining that get ganked but we can see ppl Try defend not working crime system without using any facts and arguments.

Couldn't we say th e same about people going to trial and buying their way out or people waiting for their team mates to go to trial so they can just give inno? I mean what honestly, there's a way around everything in this game. Should we now link affiliated guilds with the person going to trial so they can no longer stand trial for their guildmates?

I understand that people are green pirating and then drinking a 1500 honor pot to avoid being "wanted" - it's a mechanic in the game, it's not breaking anything but the will of people who refuse to find a way around it. Or is there something else that i'm missing entirely? I appologise ahead of time if i am indeed missing some fact that warrents a change to this mechanic.

The problem here is the people that green pirate should just be pirates. Instead of racking up crime points fast to go to jail why not mess with the other end? Make it easier to be a pirate. Most people that purple on occasion will never rack up that much but those that do it regularly should and will, so eventually they will be kicked out of faction like they should be.

No one wants to spend time in jail. But I think people are tired of those that are anti faction when there is no reason to hurt your faction when the reds are meant to be the the target. If you target "everyone" then you should be a pirate since that's how you play. Simple.

Well, it definitely seems like more people are voting for an increase to infamy gained. The options x3, x4, and x5 should be ignored because that's a bit too much, and all those votes should just go towards x2.

The problem here is the people that green pirate should just be pirates. Instead of racking up crime points fast to go to jail why not mess with the other end? Make it easier to be a pirate. Most people that purple on occasion will never rack up that much but those that do it regularly should and will, so eventually they will be kicked out of faction like they should be.

No one wants to spend time in jail. But I think people are tired of those that are anti faction when there is no reason to hurt your faction when the reds are meant to be the the target. If you target "everyone" then you should be a pirate since that's how you play. Simple.
This is a great suggestion, if we totally revamp how pirate works and make it a viable faction to support that kind of gameplay, instead of a punishment. Like take away going to jail for pirates. Then I'm 100% behind this.

This is a great suggestion, if we totally revamp how pirate works and make it a viable faction to support that kind of gameplay, instead of a punishment. Like take away going to jail for pirates. Then I'm 100% behind this.

It supose to be punishment, pirates are exiles from factions for bad behavior.
If u want PK both nations u have option to create Player Nation. (still think its extrenly unbalanced :p)

great suggestion indeed, unlike yours, which is another poor attempt at trying to making it easier to be an asshole at this game and get away with it, smh.

@rinzlov91 You need to get out more with your eyes open if you think pk'ing don't happen for no reason ,there's always somebody that thinks your fair game at a merchant

@rinzlov91 You need to get out more with your eyes open if you think pk'ing don't happen for no reason ,there's always somebody that thinks your fair game at a merchant
soz bruh but i dont know what u mean. if some1 is pking u when u stading still in conflict zone, why u even cry? ure not loosing anything

No matter how you look at it ultimately the basic pvp system is faction based WITH the ability to attack your own faction at the cost of possible punishment for doing so.
The issue isn't whether or not there should be green pirates, its about them never having to face the consequences because of the current system allowing them an easy out

No matter how you look at it ultimately the basic pvp system is faction based WITH the ability to attack your own faction at the cost of possible punishment for doing so.
The issue isn't whether or not there should be green pirates, its about them never having to face the consequences because of the current system allowing them an easy out
Never once have I played this game as part of a faction. It's not a faction-based game. A guild-based game, sure.
The current punishment is steep enough. If you're going to be a victim and insist on having a victim's mentality, please do everyone else a favor and cry your liberal tears a little more quietly.

i bet u never played on any other archeage servers. only auto-events like halcy/mm forces u to play as faction. if u never seen one east guild cooperating with another west guild to farm abyssal/kraken or red dragon etc u shouldnt talk. and ive already said thats u careabears making draughts so cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody is crying about PVP and losing packs to green pirates, It is all about anti-faction players who constantly do crimes and draught is helping to negate all of it without zero consequences.

Again, it's not about losing packs. Its about a system that's not working.

Never once have I played this game as part of a faction. It's not a faction-based game. A guild-based game, sure.
The current punishment is steep enough. If you're going to be a victim and insist on having a victim's mentality, please do everyone else a favor and cry your liberal tears a little more quietly.

So you're saying you never once been in a group with anyone outside of your guild, ever done mm, halcy, base defence, gr, or cr? I doubt that very much.
I'm hardly the victim, but I am speaking for them. We all damn well know no green pirates ever picked a fight with anyone who had even a sliver of a chance of winning. The crime system is the little guys revenge when someone ends up kicking the green pirates ass for being wanted.

draught is helping to negate all of it without zero consequences.

Again, it's not about losing packs. Its about a system that's not working.

Except there are consequences - the literal fuckload of honor I have to dump into draughts.

And the system is working 100% fine. You *********** text censored by forum staff due to violation of Forum rules. 24 hour of forum ban for insults.

We all damn well know no green pirates ever picked a fight with anyone who had even a sliver of a chance of winning.
Personally speaking, it's never a consideration of picking fair fights. I don't care one way or another about the person. We pick fights for your profit. If you happen to be geared, great, let's fight. If you aren't geared, great, easy packs. But stop being such *********** about it.

Text censored by forum staff due to violation of Forum rules. 24 hour of forum ban for insults.

Back