What's new

[Poll] Increase Infamy: Yes/No/Maybe

Do we need to increase Infamy Points player can get for assault and killing?

• No

Votes: 139 46.3%
  • Yes, x2

Votes: 88 29.3%
  • Yes, x3

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • Yes, x4

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Yes, x5

Votes: 89 29.7%

• Total voters
Well here's a perfect solution.
No change to infamy
Wanted status changed from 50 to 10
Draughts get 6 hour cd

Solves everything including your whinging about your honour spent. :p

Well here's a perfect solution.
No change to infamy
Wanted status changed from 50 to 10
Draughts get 6 hour cd

Solves everything including your whinging about your honour spent. :p
You know this would probably work. It is a compromise and neither side will be completely happy. I'm sure there will be those that think the cool down will be too long, others not long enough. Personally, I would advocate a 2 hour cool down.

Scapegoat will still whine, he doesn't want a broken system he's exploited to be fixed.
Honor gain on this server is increased which is a good thing but it lets this problem exist so a cd is needed if nothing else

if the day that crime points gain will increase will come... i wonder how fast carebears will cry about revert when green pirates will come to their cr with 10 low lvl mounts and pets, reseting their bosses on skateboard XD insta 200 crime points and ~50 for everyone who BL to avoid reset HAHA :D

Scapegoat will still whine, he doesn't want a broken system he's exploited to be fixed.
Honor gain on this server is increased which is a good thing but it lets this problem exist so a cd is needed if nothing else
Honor is doubled the same as labor is doubled the same as harvesting is doubled. To use that reasoning as to why people using a legitimate system of gameplay should be further punished is unreasonable.

It's akin to me saying people are abusing the land system - you should only be able to craft 20 tax certs a day.

You never denied doing those events, sounds like you just expect everyone to give you whatever you want without ever having to worry
It speaks volumes that you think those events are the main content of the game, and not just another chore to get done to keep people placated.

So u admit you do them for the honor u then use to continue to attack your own faction.
Now you're whining like a child cause you're about to get your toy taken away for bad behavior.

Have to agree with taikai here, majority of people complaining here about the infamy increase are people who already abuse the forgivness pots and purple and pirate freely. Of course they’ll be most vocal about having their bad behavior finally punished it should definitely be more balanced and faction killing crimes should be weighed slightly more heavily or at the very least increase costs for the potions or increase cooldown times.

People get punished. They go to jail and the infamy doesnt go away (unless you pay for it, and it should be more expensive).

I really hope they implement the x5 infamy and then you go to jail trying to get your stolen packs back. Then you will see how a genious idea this is. :D

nobody who had thier packs stolen is getting them back this way. its a straw man argument.

I actually get bored if no one tries to steal my packs. But regardless people are going to play the pirate game play whether there is a pirate faction or not. But I think you should be a "red" if you are going to pirate. Cut jail times, increase cool down on forgiveness pots, and lower the threshold to become a pirate with an option to just simply become one without having to "work" to be one.

I am no where near a killer, but increasing the infamy points to 50, is a very bad idea. Pking ur own faction is a part of this game, even if ppl don't like it(which is me), so 10 per kill is just fine, and 50 for jail is just fine. If it wasn't supposed to be, then there wouldn't be an option to be able to kill your own faction. Don't like being killed? don't go into the bad zones with packs then. Leave it at 10, that was a huge stupid thing they did on retail.

I am no where near a killer, but increasing the infamy points to 50, is a very bad idea. Pking ur own faction is a part of this game, even if ppl don't like it(which is me), so 10 per kill is just fine, and 50 for jail is just fine. If it wasn't supposed to be, then there wouldn't be an option to be able to kill your own faction. Don't like being killed? don't go into the bad zones with packs then. Leave it at 10, that was a huge stupid thing they did on retail.

The mass majority of responses here are not saying that PK'ing should be removed. Just the penalty for doing it to be made higher. This is to cut out some of, if not all of the mindless PK'ing. Make the person who wants to "green pirate" weigh if they are willing to pay this higher cost, if it is truly worth it. Currently it is so easy to remove infamy that not one of the "green pirates" think twice before purpling. The Bounty Hunter system should also be added back into the game, so that a person with the Bounty Hunter cloak or Title can attack a Wanted person. We do not need the report feature of that system just to be able to attack a wanted person anywhere they are outside of a Nui without having to purple. These two things makes Green Pirating more difficult, but not impossible and still a choice someone can make to play the game in this way. Could even be a new fun gameplay style for some people. Seeing how long they can stay wanted without being caught. Hunting people who are Wanted etc..

This ^

Retail is dead.. lets just kill this server too. Its basically what I read in this thread. *sigh*

There's so many games without any pvp where you can potato farm and do quests 24/7. Maybe there's a reason people actually play this one :D So, lets not ruin it with *insert rude word* changes.

Don't try to "fix" what is not broken.

This ^

Retail is dead.. lets just kill this server too. Its basically what I read in this thread. *sigh*

There's so many games without any pvp where you can potato farm and do quests 24/7. Maybe there's a reason people actually play this one :D So, lets not ruin it with *insert rude word* changes.

Don't try to "fix" what is not broken.

Its potato farmers and carebears that keep server's economy alive.. dead economy = dead game.

Okay you're dumb if you think you can't pvp if you can't kill the greens. There are reds for a reason. The only thing that gets taken away is that you can't surprise first hit your own faction, because it's super easy and lame way to pirate, because this game is all about the first hit in most fights. Stop being a lame pirate that is scared to do real pvp.

I enjoy smacking reds around all the time and pirating their stuff and I don't have to go to jail. Wow what a revolutionary thought to think I can pvp without going to jail~

I personally don't care about making people go to jail. I just want green pirates to become real red pirates. That's why I suggested lowering the jail times. You shouldn't have to sit in jail more than 30mins. It becomes unfun. But it's also unfun to others to get into surpise fights when they thought you were a friendly. So eliminate both unfun things and everyone wins.

Okay you're dumb if you think you can't pvp if you can't kill the greens. There are reds for a reason. The only thing that gets taken away is that you can't surprise first hit your own faction, because it's super easy and lame way to pirate, because this game is all about the first hit in most fights. Stop being a lame pirate that is scared to do real pvp.

^ thisss.

the people that complain about more infamy are just people that look for easy fights to ruin the day of someone else and getting away with it. i dont get it. you guys use the reason for doing so that the game lacks pvp and this way you're creating it. why dont you just take part in pvp events or go to war zones and kill other factions.
everything you guys say is just an excuse to justify being an asshole. almost any game would ban people for this behaviour, you should be happy that this game makes it possible in the first place.
increasing infamy won't remove your ability to be a douchebag, you'll find other ways to piss people off and i can just hope that it impacts less people that cannot fight back.

Last edited:
increasing infamy won't remove your ability to be a douchebag, you'll find other ways to piss people off and i can just hope that it impacts less people that cannot fight back.
u can be sure they will find another way, they will make you pk them so u will regret infamy changes xD

Yes Honour is increased on this server, but so is labour while growth time is decreased. Trying to kill one aspect of the game to suit those that will benefit by a good margin, will simply have a knock on effect. I am against changes to honour pots or nerfing green pirates. I have no gain either way as I am a pirate!

This thread should simply be shut down for the interests of server longevity. I willl state why below.

1. Players can do trade runs in safe areas with no risk at all except dominions.
2 Players can to trade runs on land through unsafe areas for a higher reward for little risk.
3 Players can do trade runs on the high seas where they reap the greatest rewards but comes with the highest risk.

All the above work as intended.

The problem we have here is simple, Players want to do trade runs consecutively over seas for the highest reward without fear of losing a single pack. Reading the comments some want 5x cost to draughts, others want purple for an hour, while even more want green pirates forced to go pirate! Are you all raving mad?

Making cool down of draughts longer or upping crime points will stop green pirates, those that do it will likely find other means to troll you in game, ruining crimson rift and so forth, very easy to do and force others to purple so they can complete it. Or they will quit the game or run packs themselves.

Either way the economy will suffer, pvp'ers are the guys who spend real money so they don't have to run packs, if they leave the cost of cash shop items will increase and the price of charcoal will simply drop below 50 silver, also all farming produced items will plumet as no one needs them because with less pvp content nothing else to do in game.

The only way you can nerf one style of play is to nerf the others equally, so if a green pirate constantly camps a port to steal packs then simply reduce the reward on each pack no matter where it is crafted or handed in by that player, without the 30 minute reset on hand-ins, instead make it 24 hour. Equally do the same for the people running packs, it will not affect all but it will affect the ones doing it constantly along with the pirates who do it constantly.

Back