What's new

[Poll] Increase Infamy: Yes/No/Maybe

Do we need to increase Infamy Points player can get for assault and killing?

• No

Votes: 139 46.3%
  • Yes, x2

Votes: 88 29.3%
  • Yes, x3

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • Yes, x4

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Yes, x5

Votes: 89 29.7%

• Total voters
Not even a pker or purpler here (have even been hunted by green pirates a couple times now) and it baffles me that people think this system is broken. Who here has had 100% of their packs stolen? Hell, who here has had even 50% of their trade runs ruined by green pirates? I'm not talking about negativity bias (where you greatly perceive the negative and forget about the positive), who here has video/photo evidence that they've lost more than half of their trade packs to green pirates? The answer will be a resounding zero. I'm willing to bet NONE of you have lost more than half of your packs to green pirates. Majority of the people who get hit and complain incessantly are under-geared and running in a straight line, making them a sitting duck for ANYONE to attack, and it just so happens to be people who don't do trade runs often that make the hit, East or West.

Why are you, an under-geared and most-often solo player running trade packs through a contested zone? Odds are it's because the reward is better, isn't it? So you're risking injury and loss for the reward. Risk vs reward. You don't HAVE to go through contested zones, but you choose to. If you choose to, either do it smartly, or don't do it until you can defend yourself. My guild has been hit 3 times by green pirates during pack runs, and of the 40 packs we ran, we lost ONE, and were severely outgeared and outnumbered in the ensuing combat. They just came while we hit the tail end of our turn-ins because we weren't stupid in how we moved the packs in the first place. Don't be dumb, don't make stupid choices, and you'll be fine.

I'd keep all crime points as they are except for murder. Murder should be 50 to make someone automatically wanted. If you kill someone from your own faction you will go to trial. No draughts to get out of it.

what seems to be the common misunderstanding among some replies is that people want to make green piracy non existant, truth is we just want green piracy to not go unpunished, which is often the case when the green pirates just suck back draughts or quest the points off.

By design pirate faction is not intended to be a legit playable faction like east/west its a punishment, it limits the game play available to you, under normal circumstances you go pirate due to repeated crimes against your own faction, it's also intended to curb green piracy a little cause eventually if your too rampant in crime sprees you will end up pirate, but the droughts as they stand allow players to be green forever at no risk of going pirate.
most players just would like to see the system balanced out to curb the extreme amount of green piracy so the factions can come together a bit more for the ability to actually do faction based content.

what seems to be the common misunderstanding among some replies is that people want to make green piracy non existant, truth is we just want green piracy to not go unpunished, which is often the case when the green pirates just suck back draughts or quest the points off.

By design pirate faction is not intended to be a legit playable faction like east/west its a punishment, it limits the game play available to you, under normal circumstances you go pirate due to repeated crimes against your own faction, it's also intended to curb green piracy a little cause eventually if your too rampant in crime sprees you will end up pirate, but the droughts as they stand allow players to be green forever at no risk of going pirate.
most players just would like to see the system balanced out to curb the extreme amount of green piracy so the factions can come together a bit more for the ability to actually do faction based content.
Faction based cont??? you mean like Halcyona when after the east wipes west once half the raid leaves. No the fact is simple areas under conflict or war are designed for just that areas under alliance control pvp is allowed by the controlling faction only. The pirate faction was designed for what is is doing now and green piracy makes content.. You assume that there is no punishment for being a green pirate then maybe you should by several draughts daily then make the claim it is of insignificance.

Translation of your poorly written block of text; Your a green pirate with no understanding of faction based content who wants nothing more then to prey on weak unsuspecting greens.

How about you don't get invited to any faction events and raids, next thing you know you can't even afford to buy any draughts at all.
Halcy is a single example, there is far more than that and players with your attitude is why your faction can't do certain content.
You're far to concerned with yourself to see that you require other players working together to accomplish tasks

Translation of your poorly written block of text; Your a green pirate with no understanding of faction based content who wants nothing more then to prey on weak unsuspecting greens.

How about you don't get invited to any faction events and raids, next thing you know you can't even afford to buy any draughts at all.
Halcy is a single example, there is far more than that and players with your attitude is why your faction can't do certain content.
You're far to concerned with yourself to see that you require other players working together to accomplish tasks

I am the one with no understanding? Boy you really are disillusion!

How about you try and stop any green pirates from doing faction based events, then try to complete it yourself? You clearly have no understanding that if you attempt to block things like CR & GR the raids will get ruined time and time again. So stop with the childish threats because blocking faction based content has never worked,

Vendrick used to lead most of the CR's and he has robbed more packs than anyone. Truth is you need the green pirates, at least they pvp and try to help those like yourself, who can find 10001 different ways to pick potatoes, but has no clue what a combo even is!

Also as you also don't seem to know, the arena gives a ton more honour than faction events on a daily basis.

Week unsuspecting greens, by that you mean the players farming 5k gold a day by constantly running charcoal? Ruining the prices in the process!

Honestly infamy is fine... stop being salty you lost your packs. Do safe zone runs if you are really worried about green pirates. This game is all about risk vs reward. Don't go through pvp zones if you are afraid of losing your packs. Stop making issues where there are none.

Do too drastic of an infamy increase and a lot of your pvpers will quit

Why would they quit?
They still have pvp content. halcy etc, arenas, zones going into war.
Why is it then that the people that constantly harrass others for kicks, go to trial get max (22 mins) when they have thousands of accumulated infamy points?
If they dont want to go pirate so badly, then maybe they should focus their pvp talents on those that can fight back, have gear and want to pvp instead of bullying those that are simply doing questing/harvesting/travelling?
This is not QQ'ing. but i am sure the people that like to bully others weaker then them but are not staunch enough to fight those that are equal or too frightened to ltest thier skills in arenas will bleat about me being a potato and a carebear. ther are many ways to play a game, many aspects in this wonderful game to experience, PvP is only one of them. The people that dont want to do this should be catered for AS WELL.

besides, if the crime is done, the reports are sent in, inno shouldnt be an option. They did it, they pay.

Yes Honour is increased on this server, but so is labour while growth time is decreased. Trying to kill one aspect of the game to suit those that will benefit by a good margin, will simply have a knock on effect. I am against changes to honour pots or nerfing green pirates. I have no gain either way as I am a pirate!

This thread should simply be shut down for the interests of server longevity. I willl state why below.

1. Players can do trade runs in safe areas with no risk at all except dominions.
2 Players can to trade runs on land through unsafe areas for a higher reward for little risk.
3 Players can do trade runs on the high seas where they reap the greatest rewards but comes with the highest risk.

All the above work as intended.

The problem we have here is simple, Players want to do trade runs consecutively over seas for the highest reward without fear of losing a single pack. Reading the comments some want 5x cost to draughts, others want purple for an hour, while even more want green pirates forced to go pirate! Are you all raving mad?

Making cool down of draughts longer or upping crime points will stop green pirates, those that do it will likely find other means to troll you in game, ruining crimson rift and so forth, very easy to do and force others to purple so they can complete it. Or they will quit the game or run packs themselves.

Either way the economy will suffer, pvp'ers are the guys who spend real money so they don't have to run packs, if they leave the cost of cash shop items will increase and the price of charcoal will simply drop below 50 silver, also all farming produced items will plumet as no one needs them because with less pvp content nothing else to do in game.

The only way you can nerf one style of play is to nerf the others equally, so if a green pirate constantly camps a port to steal packs then simply reduce the reward on each pack no matter where it is crafted or handed in by that player, without the 30 minute reset on hand-ins, instead make it 24 hour. Equally do the same for the people running packs, it will not affect all but it will affect the ones doing it constantly along with the pirates who do it constantly.

The point is that sometimes, quite often in fact, the purpling that goes relatively unpunished occurs not to steal packs (although that does happen) but to disrupt others games. Purpling for no purpose but to decrease others enjoyment in the game, ie killing people porting into an area, while they are questing etc.

I fully agree with those that say if you dont want packs stolen, dont run them into conflict zones. I have no problem with that. but because the crime system seems so broken that they purple people when there is no gain to it, (they may be so low level they get one-shot and they are just questing etc to gear up) and there is no consequences. My son quit the game because he foudn 3 packs on the ground behind a bush, they were "free loot" so hi loaded them onto his cart. he was then yelled at in chat for "stealing" packs, purpled by a group of them then camped at the nui for 3 hours. he was a newbie, his gs was mid 1000's what was the consequences for those people bullying him (and that is what that was)? nothing. nothing at all. the system is broken. period.

!st thing, infamy builds up if you do not use honour pots, but those that accumulate thousands of crime points before they are killed (less than 3,000 because that will send pirate) will get days of jail time which they have to serve while in game, 3 days is the longest I have seen.

Purpling is also done to stop others getting content like Anthalon and Meina and Glen. Not all guilds are friendly to each other.

As for stealing packs from low gear score players, most green pirates do not do this, they will however steal from a low gear score who is running a merchant especially with decent sails, if they can afford to get a merchant before they can defend themselves, they are doing it wrong.

As for just killing lowbies for no reason, that is a dick move and I personally don't know anyone in game that does that, but again that should encourage them to join a guild where they can call for help!

The main problem here is that more often than not players get to hand their packs in, but they get salty and butt hurt when they lose them, like their ego has been destroyed over pixels. The economy in this game is a fragile thing and if green pirating stops then simply the prices of mats will tumble to an unprecedented low, that is not good for the game either,

Those that just want to farm and make lots of gold without gearing up are simply not adding to the game and tbh they are probably playing the wrong game. Arche age was intended to be diverse, it is what makes it enjoyable for the majority.

All the increases in this private server are across the board, if some don't like the way others play and want their content nerfed, why should theirs be left untouched? Maybe labour should be put back to the same as live, to stop the merchants from continuously running packs!

You are missing my point. It isnt about running packs and getting them stolen (if they are, dont do contested zone runs). It isnt about being denied wb content (thats contesting for a purpose)
It is about the ganking and killing for no reason but to be an annoyance. What benefit does it give if someone ports into ds (for instance) to be purpled and killed instantly except for giving that person jollies for killing someone who cant fight back? Are there not also opposing faction to kill? Why purple on someone who is not interfering in your game?
... simply because they can.
There is nothing to stop them. They can drink down pots and walk away. They arent helping the economy, they arent creating content for anyone but themselves at the expense of others.
I myself do a little pvp, in war zones, to defend myself or my guildies. I am not anti pvp, it is an aspect of the game but the thing we hear is the purplers crying that the whole game is pvp when in reality they just dont want to fight the other factions.
Imagine if a guild like HoM became champions of the faction, killing reds and protecting their greens, they would be loved and valued for pretty much doing what they do instead of ridiculed for the constant threat they are.
Do they do this? Nah, they must like the negativity sent their way and they can do it unimpeded by the crime system.
Maybe increasing the infamy isnt the way to go. Increase the amount of crime points they can accumulate before trial but take off the inno option. There is no doubt you did it, do the minimum time.
I like the bounty hunter suggestion too.

I understand your point and it is unfortunate that there are some dicks in the game, truth is though there are very few.

Also you might not see it but players that pk just for the sake of it, find themselves on the pk lists of green friendly guilds, it does happen a lot, and usually the green friendlies get inno when they go to trial. The only time pk players get inno is if the halcy and MM wars are on and then only maybe.

Oh just stop. The constant whining is literally why they attack you. Be smart. It’s not hard to avoid green pirates.

Back