What's new

[Poll] Ode to Recovery buff change

Should Odd of Recovery buff keep going for 5 sec if you start casting another skill?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dear ArcheRagers!

We received complains from some of our players regarding the current work of the [Perform] Ode to Recovery buff (now buff gets removed as soon as you start casting another skill).

As a number of changes was made to this skill in 3.5 in comparison to 3.0 (healing coefficient of the Ode to Recovery got reduced, but it now increases received healing), its effect was changed as well - this song's effects end as soon as the caster stops playing. We think buff changes were a part of the planned changes made by XL to avoid for this skill to be too strong but want to know what community thinks about it.

Please vote and comment to confirm if you think ode buff should still remain for the 5 second duration if ode is canceled as it was in 3.0 and still works same way with the other songs (if you try to play any other song, and then cast a skill that stops the performance, you still maintain the buff from it).

I always loved about all the 5 songs that they continued for a bit after starting another skill. Also, the abyssal* skill for songcraft does the same but then with only half the stats iirc, so when it was designed that way, I would appreciate that the echo be returned to Ode as well.

Last edited:
Maybe a compromise between the two. Return the buff but cut the time in half; down to 2.5 seconds instead of the full 5 seconds.

why would there need to be a compromise?
Because if it was taken out to affect game balance there was likely a bigger reason. Meeting in the middle would seem like a logical step, followed by a reevaluation later on on whether or not to restore the full 5 seconds. And why not compromise?

Because if it was taken out to affect game balance there was likely a bigger reason. Meeting in the middle would seem like a logical step, followed by a reevaluation later on on whether or not to restore the full 5 seconds. And why not compromise?
Added 3rd option to the poll. Players can change their votes if they like that option more.

Why not, because imo you'd have to give all the songs the same treatment, and then the abyssal skill becomes kinda more irrelevant than it is already.

Songcraft was designed to be a continuos "song" being played. iIF you look at the passives in the tree it is about buffing the "song" aspect of it. The reason for the 5 seconds after stop is so that you can play another song and another to get the rotation of songs built out. as it is now with one song not continuing it creates a "bot" aspect were one person just plays recovery all the time. This is , to me, as a healer, is boring and monotonous.

I think 2.5 seconds is ok but the real issue IMO is the cancellation of other OtR buffs with each new one. I am pretty sure it wasn't always this way. In any case if this mechanic stays the same you will still have the same issue. One healer hollering the entire raid that "I am main ODE".

Songcraft was designed to be a continuos "song" being played. iIF you look at the passives in the tree it is about buffing the "song" aspect of it. The reason for the 5 seconds after stop is so that you can play another song and another to get the rotation of songs built out. as it is now with one song not continuing it creates a "bot" aspect were one person just plays recovery all the time. This is , to me, as a healer, is boring and monotonous.

yea it's why I hate using the songs itself mostly, it's boring, I like the other skills from songcraft better, but then I prefer playing instead of someone who barely heals with the songs.. xD take the lesser of 2 evils. And even then I do song weaving but that kills mana so fast ;-;

Yes please stop nerfing ode. If possible bring it back to before the 3.5. it has sucked ever since the first nerf . It does not need another nerf.

Last edited:
Yes please stop nerfing ode. If possible bring it back to before the 3.5. it has sucked ever since the first nerf . It does not need another nerf.
Ode was extremely overpowered pre-3.5, a highly geared cleric could keep an entire raid alive 90% of the time by just playing ode, that meant that the other healers literally didn't even have to do anything... lol

Ode is still a very powerful song that gives a decent amount of health per tick as well as increases everyone's received healing.

Back