What's new

[Poll] Should Draughts of Forgiveness cost 2x more?

Should Draughts of Forgiveness cost 2x more?

• Yes

Votes: 99 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 51 34.0%

• Total voters
This seems familiar. People band together to route pirating/purpling by taxing pirating which in turn takes content away from some. People quit due to people carebearing a PvP game.... how did that work out for Trion?
It worked fine at 3.0b. This is not a suggestion as ridiculous as 1 kill = wanted. Your comparison is taken out of proportion.

That's unnecessary as we already have labor increases to support that.
exactly so the labour increase gives a 75% reduction of labour cost and time taken to grow is also reduced, bit of a one way advantage here, the game economy will suffer if people stop pirating and the amount of alts WHICH are in game will grow significantly.

There is no difference between buying buffs and draughts for honor, the cost is halved for both because honor collected is doubled.
You want one area only to be in line with live and that is purpling. Thats biased to your politics in game.
No actually, I'd prefer none of these changes be implemented if we want to talk politics. I will get far more content out of this game if this is not implemented, so you'll have to try a different angle if you're trying to figure me out on this.
In regards to what I believe (it is an opinion), is the difference between buffs and draughts is that buffs are required by all types of gameplay, whereas draughts are used to break the boundaries of this figurative legal system.

This seems familiar. People band together to route pirating/purpling by taxing pirating which in turn takes content away from some. People quit due to people carebearing a PvP game.... how did that work out for Trion?
"Trion did this, and ArcheAge died, so therefore this thing is bad" is not a sound argument.

It's not unfair to nerf certain things because you see it as a "target nerf" to a particular group of players, with that logic you could never do any balance changes because it'd affect a "group of players".

It's still taxing players with a different play content in mind.
Taxing players in a way that I believe (again, this is my opinion) is proportionate to the amount of effort put forth from the players on the other side of that content i.e. the players being used as content.

"Trion did this, and ArcheAge died, so therefore this thing is bad" is not a sound argument.

It's not unfair to nerf certain things because you see it as a "target nerf" to a particular group of players, with that logic you could never do any balance changes because it'd affect a "group of players".
That is a perfect arguement. Why would we follow the path of a failure. Isn't that what this server is about. Bring back the glory days and change the things that caused failure? When purpling became taxed, people left the server, the game started to fade. why they hell would we follow suit with Trion? This is a heavy PvP based game yet you want to tax those who are PvPing.

That is a perfect arguement. Why would we follow the path of a failure. Isn't that what this server is about. Bring back the glory days and change the things that caused failure? When purpling became taxed, people left the server, the game started to fade. why they hell would we follow suit with Trion? This is a heavy PvP based game yet you want to tax those who are PvPing.
Did you ever play on 3.0b? It was a fine patch with plenty of cross ocean trading, plenty of pirating. I'd say it was the peak of cross ocean pirating especially considering how much 3.5 fucked it up. You're arguing that this was poor implementation at that time, correct? Please elaborate why you think the ratio of honor to draught was unfair at that time.

No actually, I'd prefer none of these changes be implemented if we want to talk politics. I will get far more content out of this game if this is not implemented, so you'll have to try a different angle if you're trying to figure me out on this.
In regards to what I believe (it is an opinion), is the difference between buffs and draughts is that buffs are required by all types of gameplay, whereas draughts are used to break the boundaries of this figurative legal system.
I dont have to try and figure you out, I already know your politics and thats not a point of argument. Simply doubling the cost for one thing which affects one style of play, is simply unfair and will have serious affects on the game. Using the honor gain here compared to live to purchase 1 kind of buff while all others remain fixed is simply wrong. Make green pirates pay the same % they do on live here, is no different to saying make the farmers the pve players pay the same here as on live.

exactly so the labour increase gives a 75% reduction of labour cost and time taken to grow is also reduced, bit of a one way advantage here, the game economy will suffer if people stop pirating and the amount of alts WHICH are in game will grow significantly.
Alts in my opinion are not relevant in this discussion, if you think it is I think it should be brought up with the admins. The economy should not be impacted by this because this should have low impact overall for all players.

Did you ever play on 3.0b? It was a fine patch with plenty of cross ocean trading, plenty of pirating. I'd say it was the peak of cross ocean pirating especially considering how much 3.5 fucked it up. You're arguing that this was poor implementation at that time, correct? Please elaborate why you think the ratio of honor to draught was unfair at that time.
Nowhere in the patch notes does it even say that the draughts were raised in honor cost so you arguement is invalid

I dont have to try and figure you out, I already know your politics and thats not a point of argument. Simply doubling the cost for one thing which affects one style of play, is simply unfair and will have serious affects on the game. Using the honor gain here compared to live to purchase 1 kind of buff while all others remain fixed is simply wrong. Make green pirates pay the same % they do on live here, is no different to saying make the farmers the pve players pay the same here as on live.
But at half grow times, their income is doubled as long as they stay on top of their markets. Increasing draught prices disproportionately effect open pvp'ers. It also significantly increases costs of contesting content and active defense of trade runs. This effects smaller guilds more than larger guilds.

Regardless of what you believe what the reason for AA's death was, Trion thing = Bad thing is not a real argument because you can apply it to literally anything.

I dont have to try and figure you out, I already know your politics and thats not a point of argument.
Then please don't mention it as if it's relevant

Make green pirates pay the same % they do on live here, is no different to saying make the farmers the pve players pay the same here as on live.
Are you starved for honor? And I mean this seriously... You should not be starved for honor if you're actively playing the game and doing events. Pirates slow player progression for their own gain in my experience. Increasing the required honor needed to justify stealing will encourage people who slow others' progression to attend faction events, and also hopefully lower the gear gap for the players who are at a significant disadvantage vs players who are sitting around ~5k gs full gemmed, full potted, who are sitting comfortably at 100k honor able to kill lower geared newer players

It's not unfair to nerf a particular playstyle in an MMO.

But at half grow times, their income is doubled as long as they stay on top of their markets. Increasing draught prices disproportionately effect open pvp'ers. It also significantly increases costs of contesting content and active defense of trade runs. This effects smaller guilds more than larger guilds.
It seems they are just trying to out price green pirating. If they tax it high enough to make it not worth it, then it goes away. No matter the content that it kills for other players.

Especially when that playstyle negatively impacts another playstyle.
This is a playstyle that was created on purpose. Just because its a playstyle you may not like or that annoys you doesnt mean that it should be eradicated or taxed.

It seems they are just trying to out price green pirating. If they tax it high enough to make it not worth it, then it goes away. No matter the content that it kills for other players.
You don't seem to understand that this is not expensive, it's the same price is was on live at this patch. That's why I don't expect this to have significant impact on anything. If a green pirate sees a boat full of larders they will try and steal it. It might just stop them from wasting their draughts on shitty ferts.

Alts in my opinion are not relevant in this discussion, if you think it is I think it should be brought up with the admins. The economy should not be impacted by this because this should have low impact overall for all players.
Wrong simply because players that grow mats and larders can grow them twice as fast here, yet paying the same tax as live so for the packs they lose, and (I lose whole ships too) is negligible compared to the amount that they can hand in. If draughts end up costing 3k-6k or 7.5k It will simply mean the game will change significantly in favour of players who want pve and war only. Those that have a green pirate playstyle will simply evaluate whether this game will be to boring to continue.

Back