What's new

[Poll] Should Draughts of Forgiveness cost 2x more?

Should Draughts of Forgiveness cost 2x more?

• Yes

Votes: 99 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 51 34.0%

• Total voters
This is exactly the point im making. You don't care about how you impact someone elses game play, then why should anyone care about yours. why raise the cost against anyone playing green pirates. just because it don't impact you. Maybe we should raise the mats cost of packs. or lower the gold/resources received from packs. would have the same impact by making it not worth it to green pirates. You wouldn't like that option because it effects your game play.

Maybe we should! Make a poll, friend. I'll vote no on it, and you probably have voted no on this one, or at least should.

Speaking of fucking people over, I guess some people don't even care about the gold value they're taking from people.
So what 1500 honor is still a lot, pack runners can run twice as many packs per day here compared to live, if the cost of being robbed was to high they would stop running them, but it clearly isn't the case. You want cost of draughts to be same as live to deter pirating, that can only work if you make the same costs apply to those that run packs, return growth time and labour costs to the same as live too, then things will be equal.

So what 1500 honor is still a lot, pack runners can run twice as many packs per day here compared to live, if the cost of being robbed was to high they would stop running them, but it clearly isn't the case. You want cost of draughts to be same as live to deter pirating, that can only work if you make the same costs apply to those that run packs, return growth time and labour costs to the same as live too, then things will be equal.
But that's not what they want Yank. They want to wipe out green pirating so they can just make gold hand over fist. they don't want to make less. they just want green pirates to make less. its not about being equal

But that's not what they want Yank. They want to wipe out green pirating so they can just make gold hand over fist. they don't want to make less. they just want green pirates to make less. its not about being equal
Spot on...."I want every one else to play by my rules and fuck those that want to play different to me" never mind that the game was intended to cater for everyone!

Spot on...."I want every one else to play by my rules and fuck those that want to play different to me" never mind that the game was intended to cater for everyone!

The difference is this is how the game was when everyone joined, and now people are crybabying about a system that is more core to the game than any other system.

Liberalism is a disease. They ruined live with this same crybaby carebear bullshit and now they're trying to bring it here to kill this server. Then they'll all sit around and say "WHY MUH GAME DIED???" Because if any of you were game designers, you'd be making money designing games for a living.

I am going to pitch in my 2 cents into this and at the same time re-iterate on things that were said previously:

1. It is not uncommon, nor is it unfair, to nerf a particular playstyle in an MMO.
2. Beck makes a valid point regarding the fact that the effort for newer players that is put into packs vs the effort put into stealing them is disproportionally unbalanced.
3. The current infamy system is flawed, but should not be cranked up to a ridiculous 1kill = wanted high

So, how about we go about this as was originally intended in the original ArcheAge and remove the Draught altogether, leaving only quests that decrease your infamy? Green pirates will surely uproar because well, they rely on draughts. I doubt anyone will like this.

Changing the cost of the Draught by 2x to offset the current staging vs stealing effort seems only fair. Or we can go a 4.0 route where the honor cost was increased dramatically, and a 12 hour CD was applied to the draughts.

Your call.

This server has increased rates. You want to know what that means? It means 2x the honour. It does NOT mean "Hey let's 2x everything we like, but ehhhh I don't like that so fuck green pirates, amirite?"

I said the same thing with uprooting. 4x labour means 4x EVERYTHING not just the things you like, not just the things a few people, or a majority of people like. It means 4x EVERYTHING labour related, and 2x honour should mean 2x EVERYTHING honor related.

If that is violated then this server is founded on a lie and I will relish the opportunity to tell that to new players, of broken promises. And like Yankmyplank said, this game features stuff for everyone, and while many (including I) would argue this is primarily a pvp/combat based game, you can go live in a peace zone in a level 2 guild and never have to worry about being killed. You can chill in DS during peace time, you can farm noble purses in sanddeep peace, you can run trade runs from gweo to two crowns. You can get stronger, dare to push out of hellswamp or into cinderstone, be risky, become smarter than the green pirates. Work around us. Learn, adapt, thrive. Having trouble being purpled in Auroria for logs or waters? Bring friends, work on your gear, practice PVP! Having trouble having your merchants stolen from under your feet? Bring friends, learn strategies and adapt to counter this.

Hey, and if you want, do everything opposite, don't put in the effort to get better, you can try to fight people who outgear/outskill you alone, you can try being a solo player, you can get shit on everywhere, but I really do no encourage this.

I say, make no changes to infamy, because when people put in the effort to make a change, and not be a "KILL ON SIGHT REEEEEEEEEE" or disclude from true faction events (MM, Halcy) in an effort to ignore the "Best Guild Wins" mentality of most of the game, they can become perfectly fine, but they didn't get that by sitting on a forum, complaining about how they need to fight against green pirates, not with their weapons, but by trying to tip the balance against them. Afterall, why go pirate to join the fortitude zerg, and when I personally enjoy a vast swath of the game, limited not only to stealing packs.

Plus I have friends, and one of such friends is in no shape to pvp and go on fantastic adventures all the time, so she tends to do a bunch of farming. To all the people who tell me to just go pirate, why should she be red to my family of friends, just because she doesn't want to get wanted on mainland? I occasionally enjoy a trade run? Should I be forced out of doing a traderun by being in hostile territory the entire trip?
Those of you saying green pirates should just go pirate: you have a privileged narrow minded view of the game and I encourage you to take other peoples enjoyment in consideration.

Oh, and reading my signature might help a few of you.

I am going to pitch in my 2 cents into this and at the same time re-iterate on things that were said previously:

1. It is not uncommon, nor is it unfair, to nerf a particular playstyle in an MMO.
2. Beck makes a valid point regarding the fact that the effort for newer players that is put into packs vs the effort put into stealing them is disproportionally unbalanced.
3. The current infamy system is flawed, but should not be cranked up to a ridiculous 1kill = wanted high

So, how about we go about this as was originally intended in the original ArcheAge and remove the Draught altogether, leaving only quests that decrease your infamy? Green pirates will surely uproar because well, they rely on draughts. I doubt anyone will like this.

Changing the cost of the Draught by 2x to offset the current staging vs stealing effort seems only fair. Or we can go a 4.0 route where the honor cost was increased dramatically, and a 12 hour CD was applied to the draughts.

Your call.
The current system is exactly the same as it was on live for all the time it was successful, why should one group that generally being honest here play this game to pvp, have their game nerfed while others that pve get all the buffs and have their main threat struggling to take part on the jury and not go full on pirate?

THIS IS A STUPID POLL!! YOU GUYS ARE CRYING ABOUT PVP.... IN A PVP GAME!!! The only thing that will happen if you do this is MORE PEOPLE will go PIRATE! That means they will have nothing left to do other than sit in the ocean waiting for you instead of doing other things... If this gets implemented that just means more people will be taking your stuff. Simple as that. The purple system is an in game mechanic... If you want to be 100% safe then do safe runs for gold and don't cry about getting killed and robbed.

Some of the green pirates display psychopathic tendencies so it's not the item cost, it's more of the player itself. I get some of you pirate greens because of fun but you'd have to agree that sometimes too much is too much. The cost increase or removal of draughts would certainly impact the game in a positive way since people would have to re-consider pking their own nation when they feel like it for whatever reasons that they might have. Voted yes.

I think it's kinda funny how so much crying has come about from one small guild's existence. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Why wasn't this shut down automatically by staff in the first place? This is a future change being considered for a current patch. Usually staff just says "NO FUTURE PATCH WILL BE APPLIED TO CURRENT VERSION. THREAD CLOSED." That's what they do for EVERYTHING ELSE, why not this? Yet here we are, voting on some shit that is supposed to happen in a later version of the game, while every other later version thing is closed, nope, can't do it now because we will cross that bridge when you get there.

This server has increased rates. You want to know what that means? It means 2x the honour. It does NOT mean "Hey let's 2x everything we like, but ehhhh I don't like that so fuck green pirates, amirite?"

You have forgotten something extremely basic with your argument: 2x things means less grind. If you 2x everything, you might as well not have 2x it in the first place because everything now takes the same amount of time and grind to accomplish.

The 2x was meant to speed up boring/unappealing aspects of the game, not to just 2x everything and be the Korean grinder most of us ran away from....

The way I view the increase cost of the draughts is not to say you cannot PK/PVP, but more of making the cost versus benefit of doing so to mean something.

The way I view the increase cost of the draughts is not to say you cannot PK/PVP, but more of making the cost versus benefit of doing so to mean something.
It already means something. Spending honor on droughts is obnoxious. It adds up quick. Everyone complaining about it being cheap is doing so from the perspective of the victim. The majority of the assumptions being made in this thread are wrong and stupid.

It's not an assumption to state that the people running packs commit a lot more time and effort than the ones trying to steal from them. Now, the opinion piece that we're discussing is whether or not the honor cost is proportionate to the loss of the person who made the packs, staged them, loaded them on a merch, etc. Personally, I don't think it is because I PLAYED 3.0b, and I saw people purple just as much on the original 3.0b without the honor increases, and with the draughts costing comparably twice as much as they do here.

The best thing about this is that if they make 5x infamy and basically force us all to be pirates, <Hittin Chicken Are Good> is just going to turn the pirate faction into a ocean-locking-down-fucking-machine the likes of which you've never seen before. Right now, the pirate faction is just PvE carebear. You want <Hatin Nuggets Be Fun> to be over there training the best gear scores on the server?

If the carebear crybabies feel the need to kill this server, maybe <Holler Chocks Indigo Camino> will do it for you, by making charcoal impossible to create 24/7/365.

The best thing about this is that if they make 5x infamy and basically force us all to be pirates, <Hittin Chicken Are Good> is just going to turn the pirate faction into a ocean-locking-down-fucking-machine the likes of which you've never seen before. Right now, the pirate faction is just PvE carebear. You want <Hatin Nuggets Be Fun> to be over there training the best gear scores on the server?

If the carebear crybabies feel the need to kill this server, maybe <Holler Chocks Indigo Camino> will do it for you, by making charcoal impossible to create 24/7/365.
Sounds like more pvp. But this is also completely off topic since I'd never advocate for a 5x infamy change. That would be relevant to the other thread where 57 idiots think killing someone once should warrant jail time. I'd just cart block in a warzone until they have to attack me
'dream

We could just make the draughts bind on pickup. I believe that was the original solution to that issue on live. That way they must spend their honor to stockpile potions and they can't buy additional potions to feed their stabby needs.

Simple as this either green pirates will simply go full pirate and ALL work together camping ynys villa solia 2c solz and cinder and calling each other out, so no one gets to hand packs in full stop, because those draughts need to be bought, or the pvp'ers will leave the game. I certainly will think twice before I buy credits again if it is my way of play that gets nerfed. Staff need to think hard on this because the ones crying are the ones who dont support the game financially and run packs 24\7 complaining they lose 1 merch out of the 3 hours they have been constantly running. Also the majority of packs are ferts which take no time to produce and the mats are very cheap. So time and effort dont even apply.

Simple as this either green pirates will simply go full pirate and ALL work together camping ynys villa solia 2c solz and cinder and calling each other out, so no one gets to hand packs in full stop, because those draughts need to be bought, or the pvp'ers will leave the game. I certainly will think twice before I buy credits again if it is my way of play that gets nerfed. Staff need to think hard on this because the ones crying are the ones who dont support the game financially and run packs 24\7 complaining they lose 1 merch out of the 3 hours they have been constantly running. Also the majority of packs are ferts which take no time to produce and the mats are very cheap. So time and effort dont even apply.
And just how are you so sure they don't donate?

Back