What's new

[Poll] Should Draughts of Forgiveness cost 2x more?

Should Draughts of Forgiveness cost 2x more?

• Yes

Votes: 99 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 51 34.0%

• Total voters
It's not an assumption to state that the people running packs commit a lot more time and effort than the ones trying to steal from them.
This assumption is 100% wrong.

I can't put into words how many hours we've wasted on the ocean waiting for a merch, or how much time we've spent running around warzones looking for a hauler to rob. What a victim sees is a wave of holy fuck running towards them to rob their shit; what they don't see is the massive waste of time that leads up to us finding them. Consistently stealing packs isn't a hit and run scenario, it's a lot of time investment and figuring out where people are and where they're going to be.

And just how are you so sure they don't donate?
been inguilds with most that constantly run packs 24/7 they dont ptw, but earn 3k gold a day turning in charcoal and call out for those pvp to help them when thy are getting robbed.. Most accept it's part of the game and it does not really hurt their economy, just a handful that whine about it.

The devs are under the impression that the infamy system is working as it was in 3.0b, which it is not because of the 2x honor. This is not a thread to force anyone to play a certain way, that's an outrageous accusation. I am in support of people purpling for profit, but the reaction of the community has obviously shown that the amount of time committed to running packs is not proportionate to the cost to steal them.
Total crap! The problem here is simply greed, if it costs 3k honor or a lot more that means players will be forced to go pirate or spend all their gold on draughts, you know the price will sky rocket. All because potatoes think they should be able to do solo trade runs non stop and hand them all in without fear of losing them. The current system is totally fine because out of all the people that jump on the bandwagon to stop green pirates, have not stopped doing trade runs and they still gear up fast, so clearly it is fine as it is...People just get butthurt over having their pixels beat up in a game!

The frustration I have with this issue right now is that the "green pirates" seem to be abusing the system. They run around being, for all intents and purposes, pirates, but then chug down the droughts like water to avoid being kicked out of their faction. But with honor being doubled, but droughts remaining the same with no cool down, that causes what seems to be an imbalance. That is what I have an issue with, not with someone attacking me and stealing my packs.

The frustration I have with this issue right now is that the "green pirates" seem to be abusing the system. They run around being, for all intents and purposes, pirates, but then chug down the droughts like water to avoid being kicked out of their faction. But with honor being doubled, but droughts remaining the same with no cool down, that causes what seems to be an imbalance. That is what I have an issue with, not with someone attacking me and stealing my packs.
yeah your right the cool down should be reduced just like the growth time is of plants and animals, glad you pointed that out, because people running packs are abusing the system of growth time reduced by 75% so they can keep planting. DUH!

HURR DURR
labor regen is x4 so turning packs should give 4x less gold/charcoal coz its imbalanced

yeah your right the cool down should be reduced just like the growth time is of plants and animals, glad you pointed that out, because people running packs are abusing the system of growth time reduced by 75% so they can keep planting. DUH!

Do you really think it makes that much difference to those that run pack what the labor regen or growth rate is? They will still run packs, they will still farm. The only difference would be how often. The only one that lose out are the pirates. They already spend loads of time looking for trade runs, imagine how much longer they will be looking if labor and growth were slowed down. Congrats, you have killed that aspect of PvP because you increase the time to reap the same rewards.

HURR DURR
labor regen is x4 so turning packs should give 4x less gold/charcoal coz its imbalanced

Sure go for it, since then the pirates will get 4x time less from it as well. Congrats, you have killed that aspect of PvP because you reduced the rewards for doing so.

What is being asked by the "potato farmers" is not to stop anyone from being a pirate, or PvPing. What is being asked is that there be a significant consequence to attacking your own faction. There is nothing that prevents you from attacking the other faction on sight, and if you do so, you would no longer have to spend anything on the draughts.

Do you really think it makes that much difference to those that run pack what the labor regen or growth rate is?

Yes I do

Sure go for it, since then the pirates will get 4x time less from it as well. Congrats, you have killed that aspect of PvP because you reduced the rewards for doing so.

What is being asked by the "potato farmers" is not to stop anyone from being a pirate, or PvPing. What is being asked is that there be a significant consequence to attacking your own faction. There is nothing that prevents you from attacking the other faction on sight, and if you do so, you would no longer have to spend anything on the draughts.

The other side rarely run packs, nuians are the farmers

Funny, from my perspective. I rarely see Nuian pack runners, but run across Haranyan more often. I see loads of packs being stored in housing areas near the shore. My last three runs across the Castaway, and one into Arcadia sea I have seen 2 Haranyan schooners and 1 Nuian speedboat. I'm not sure why you have not seen more, but they are out there.

I feel, that this is not the correct approach to this issue, I'm not sure if there is a correct one.
But to throw my half thought ideas into the wind.

1. Make purpleing last a few hours, it will make that choice more of a commitment, and if a hauler calls out for help and the guild shows up 15 min later, they don't suffer from trying to reclaim the packs.

2. Change the % of maker and turn in reward on packs. so instead of 20% / 80% to more of 40% / 60% or even 50% / 50% that farmer does not lose as much.

3. Reduce the damage a person that purples does by 10-30% ish, "a thought so a lower GS person can fight back 1v1."

Just some thoughts, not sure if any of them can even be implemented, my thought process is, green pirates is a game style. Should they be exiled to pirates island? No but i think the act of purpleing does need more of a commitment factor to it.

The 3rd option is a bit more brutal but even well driving a boat I am getting killed in seconds as a newer player to this server.

EDIT: Can't spell and Grammar is hard

Last edited:
To answer those suggestions in numeric order here goes

1. NO!
2.NO!
3.NO!

Crafters already have lots of buffs to how much it costs compared to live here, so much so they can run merchants consistently making fert packs without fear of running out of labour. If they lose 1 in 3 ships they will still turn a profit. Most run at least 5 merchants a day and rarely lose 1 merchant. Yet they want to increase the cost of pirating enough to force players to go pirate. This will simply be a dead server.

Reducing the damage will not work either, lets say they get your packs and you have to purple to get them back, what then?

The worst suggestion you made was simply purple for an hour, that means no pirating within an hour of any content in game. So guess when the high seas would be full. Also if you forget owners mark and vehicle gets stolen, how would you feel about being purple for an hour?

Truth is the system works fine as it is and believe me I have lost plenty of larders, but you know what it's part of the game and creates activity.

All the suggestions about adding costs or nerfs to anyone purpling simply means less activity and eventually a dead game!

TBH i think the being stuck purple for 1-3 hours is the best idea, its all about wasting time right, they wasted the farmers time, well their time is wasted in return. it makes being a jerk a commitment.

I find it comical the people who want changes for those who purple have never purpled for any reason and have no idea the repercussions of the stupid requests they're making. Make being purple last 1-3 hours lmao. How about in return for 1-3 hour purpling, we cut the speed of freighters in half and double the time it takes for the packs you turned in to give you money, but we cut the profit from 5% to 2.5%? Seems only fair to make it take twice as long for you to turn in a pack that takes twice as long for you to get a reward from and cut the reward in half. It makes being a carebear pack runner a commitment.

that's an awful counter-argument because storing larders, growing them and driving them far distances already takes so much longer than just finding someone with a pack and stealing it lol.
why dont you do safe traderoutes if u are so scared about loosing ur packs

that's an awful counter-argument because storing larders, growing them and driving them far distances already takes so much longer than just finding someone with a pack and stealing it lol.

But it's as Scapegoat said: you have no idea how much time is spent hunting for these people. They could have turned in 300 freighters full of packs, but the minute they're hit ONCE, all of a sudden the pack runners are up-in-arms about how unfair it is that their own faction can attack them for their packs. It absolutely makes sense that people who purple should be left alone in this, there's a reason it's NOT A PEACE ZONE THEY CAN HIT YOU IN.

It isn't fucking hard to avoid them. In the dozens of times I and my guild have run packs in unsafe territory, we've been caught twice by green pirates, and lost only one pack. They're an incredibly small minority and not that hard to avoid. It isn't their fault you morons can't stop yourselves from driving haulers along the main roads and make beelines straight for the turn-in dock of whatever zone you're heading to.

Last edited:
@Figment - Your second and third ideas would not be fun for anyone. There are guilds that run packs across where everyone builds, loads the ship, then one person does turn in. If the percentages were changed, it would make doing that less feasible, since the one they are doing the run for loses more per turn in. Your third idea has been touched upon a bit. But the short of it, they would have to reduce the PvP damage for everyone, thus not changing anything except how long it takes to die to high GS PvPers.

Now the first idea, I am surprised does not exist already, but with a much shorter timer. Many games with PvP have where you can flag yourself, but there is usually a 5 to 15 minute timer to turn it back off, or even a timer for the auto flags when you leave conflict/contested zones. On this game you can turn bloodlust on, kill your own faction then turn it back off right away.

@Yankmyplank - True this is a private server of Arche age. That doesn't mean they can not make changes to make it more fun or fix things people did not like from retail.

For all games that have both PvP and PvE elements the greatest challenge in balancing has always been PvP balance. Think of how many times there has been a patch in other games that change the flavor of the week because it nerfed some skills then buffed others. I'm sorry the elitist PvPers think that just because there is a greater consequence to attacking your own faction, that means they cannot PvP anymore. Though how is it the "snowflakes" fault if they are not skilled enough to kill the other factions players.

Last edited:
@Figment - Now the first idea, I am surprised does not exist already, but with a much shorter timer. Many games with PvP have where you can flag yourself, but there is usually a 5 to 15 minute timer to turn it back off, or even a timer for the auto flags when you leave conflict/contested zones. On this game you can turn bloodlust on, kill your own faction then turn it back off right away.

That is the only true issue, in the end the Green pirate always has the advantage, they can purple take ur stuff turn it off, then your guild comes in to retrieve the items and they then have to purple. i just think purpling should be a time commitment.

I was thinking of another way however, in other games i have played people that killed allies there name would change color and it would stay for days, the more they did it the more the color changed.

So in the end you could tell if someone is a team killer by the color of there name.

Though how is it the "snowflakes" fault if they are not skilled enough to kill the other factions players.

The major problem is how the green pirate mentality arose, at least for me. On retail, I was on a server that had a huge PVP problem. Carebears would come to Halcy for the quest, then leave. Our faction outnumbered and outgeared the enemy faction 2:1, but in Halcy most of our driving force would turn tail at the sight of the color red, so they would just pick us off on the way to our base. So the carebears would complain that the PVP leaders were too harsh in Halcy/MM, wouldn't listen to orders, and ultimately stuck to running their trade packs for gold. But...for what? What were they spending gold on? Movement speed gear so they could retreat faster? So as a result, the people who backpedaled in PVP were labeled internally and if we saw them doing something profitable, we stole from them. WE were fighting for our faction, THEY weren't.

So the logic here for green pirates, while slightly more radical, still stands. There are dozens of guilds that don't show to mass PVP, but constantly run trade packs through contested territory on a daily basis. What are they using that gold for? Nothing that benefits the faction, so attacking them and funneling the gold to a fighter is the next logical step in the process. Another thing people tend to forget when bringing up green pirates is AGAIN what Scapegoat said: you only see the one time they hit you. You forget the other dozens of trade runs. You forgot the other people who did exactly what you did before and after you got hit, making it through scot-free with easy gold. You only remember that ONE TIME you lost a few measly packs, when in the grand scheme of things you made more gold elsewhere than what you lost to a green pirate who ran around for half an hour to find you, the unlucky mark. I know literally no one who has been hit by green pirates that has lost more than 50% of their overall packs to green pirates. Hell, I don't think I know anyone who has lost more than 10% of their overall haul. So why is there such a problem? Negativity bias. You only remember the bad and never remember the good.

So in the end you could tell if someone is a team killer by the color of there name.

Weird, I always thought guild tags did that already.

Back