What's new

[Poll] Should Draughts of Forgiveness cost 2x more?

Should Draughts of Forgiveness cost 2x more?

• Yes

Votes: 99 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 51 34.0%

• Total voters
Weird, I always thought guild tags did that already.

Sure after some time, new people will learn what guilds are what, and what they are known for.
This is not a change that will help older players for this server, this is a change for the newer people.

This is not a change that will help older players for this server, this is a change for the newer people.

I will say what others have said: A new player should not be driving haulers/freighters of trade packs through combat territory expecting to not be attacked by somebody. You want gold as a new, ungeared and incapable-of-defending-yourself player? Do safe zone trade runs until you're able to do so. Do trade runs with groups of people that can defend you. But running solo while under-geared through a contested zone, then complaining that you got attacked by ANYONE as if you didn't expect it, is just moronic.

For all games that have both PvP and PvE elements the greatest challenge in balancing has always been PvP balance. Think of how many times there has been a patch in other games that change the flavor of the week because it nerfed some skills then buffed others. I'm sorry the elitist PvPers think that just because there is a greater consequence to attacking your own faction, that means they cannot PvP anymore. Though how is it the "snowflakes" fault if they are not skilled enough to kill the other factions players.[/QUOTE]

To answer this simply, the snowflakes are at fault, they run packs alone constantly making several k gold a day. Then half of them send the gold to their main character (guessing they must be alts because half of them are around 3k gs with a merch that has epic sails or better).

The fact they can run 4x the amount of packs here than live should stop them from running packs alone. Or come up with other ways to counter the pirates.

I and some friends were getting jumped by Vendrick a lot, we would get called out and when we went to turn in there ws a raid waiting for us. Did we stop? No we went other places and eventually even loaded our merch with the GR packs, got deliberately spotted and even made it look like we were running. Was really funny watching 20 green pirates load a merch with useless packs!

So if you keep getting robbed, do it different! Take a raid with you, change times of your TR's put a farm down and drop packs there then run them in by hauler. Lots of things to make pirating a more tedious task.

I cannot speak for others, but for me. If traveling in conflict zone and we get jumped by the other faction or pirates. It sucks, but that is just how things are. What irks me, is to be going along, we see a green ship go by, then 10 seconds later the same ship purples and attacks. Then by the time we get back, they are all green again.

All I want is there to be actual consequence to attacking your own faction. The fact that you can wipe an entire group, go back to green and then chug a, relatively inexpensive, pot as many times as you need to so you can avoid the consequences seems imbalanced.

@Velorra - While I get being frustrated that in PvP battles all the people that do not like to PvP leave. I can even understand wanting to get back at them for doing that. Though can you really fault them for not wanting to do an aspect of the game they do not enjoy? I personally hate open world PvP, but I do enjoy battle grounds or arena type PvP. It is just what I personally enjoy, even though I suck at it. (Seriously, I am usually only good as cannon fodder.)

@Yankmyplank - still a bit confused by how a "snowflake" running packs makes you worse at PvP? Only reason I can see is that they do not present any challenge, so you have no way to hone your skills to fight those that might actually be a decent fight.

1. There is consequence its called jail, most players only drink draughts to stop going pirate.

2. your point to Velorra sums it up, yes we can fault them for not doing pvp as they don't enjoy it. This sums up 2 points in one, those that do want pvp will take stuff off those that don't and pay the price of being kos to half the nation. It also shows that the players who don't want pvp, actually want those that do unfairly punished to the point they cannot do it and remain in same faction.

3. You are confused because you don't understand the statement, running packs does not make some one bad at pvp, however running packs under geared and under manned makes you bad at pvp but also a little stupid if they keep losing packs without changing their approach to it.

Some of the best times in game for all are when there is mass pvp and something to fight for, even for those that are doing a TR, if they have enough support and win the battle they love it. It is when they get soundly beat without any kind of revenge they get butt hurt and cry about it.

@Velorra - While I get being frustrated that in PvP battles all the people that do not like to PvP leave. I can even understand wanting to get back at them for doing that. Though can you really fault them for not wanting to do an aspect of the game they do not enjoy? I personally hate open world PvP, but I do enjoy battle grounds or arena type PvP. It is just what I personally enjoy, even though I suck at it. (Seriously, I am usually only good as cannon fodder.)

If I am on a battlefield standing next to someone, I expect that person to fight. In my Halcyona example when I said "they ran at the sight of the color red", I'm not even kidding. We had 2 full raids. Someone was spying on the reds and was in their halcy raid and they had between 40 and 50, and a little under half of their raid was still at their base when the first golem pushed out. Before the golems even clashed, the carebears were already running back through the griffons. The melee carebears were using goddamn Shoot Arrow while backpedaling, meanwhile I was balls deep in the enemy force, and the 15 members of our guild that were there got jumped by at least 30 reds as the 85 other members of our force were popping Pinions to glide back to the fucking base...so yeah, I can absolutely fault them. You want to stand next to a group on a battlefield in a PVP event, then run away and complain that the people shouting in raid "why the fuck did everyone run away when we said push forward?" were too mean to you, you don't deserve the gold you're making running packs through a contested zone.

We don't give a fuck if people join in just for the Medals and then leave, but don't expect to be respected by those that DO PVP when you go through a PVP-enabled zone with a ship or hauler full of packs and you're too incompetent to defend them. That's nothing a PVP player should be punished for, you entered a zone that allowed it to happen, if you're too incapable of defending yourself that's on YOU. When a carebear makes a Gweonid pack, why don't they just turn in at Dewstone? Why not turn in at Marianople? Oh, you wanted more gold so you thought you'd drive through a contested zone? Risk vs Reward.

Last edited:
These carebears want to type every one else into submission to play the game exactly how these carebears want them to play. Trying to kill the game completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've spent enough time trying to get through to the wannabe pirates. So I am going state my point for the last time on this.

I do not care why you PvP, where you PVP, or how you PvP. What I have an issue with is the honor is 2x, but darughts are priced like the server is still 1x. That makes things imbalanced in my point of view. I would like a re-balancing done to fix the imbalance.

I've spent enough time trying to get through to the wannabe pirates. So I am going state my point for the last time on this.

I do not care why you PvP, where you PVP, or how you PvP. What I have an issue with is the honor is 2x, but darughts are priced like the server is still 1x. That makes things imbalanced in my point of view. I would like a re-balancing done to fix the imbalance.

I have spent enough time getting through to the wannabe shipping moguls, so I am going to reply to your last time thread here!

You have a re-balancing to honour being x2 by way of labour being x4. Is that simple enough for you?

so whats the deal now @Sparkle ?
increasing costs of draught will affect non-pirates in a negative way, which wasn't your intention when making this poll, was it ?
That wasn't a poll made by us :)

In case we decide to make a change suggested in this thread, we'll inform the players, but right now, no decision is made regarding it.

making only changes to the cost to one play style will be unfair, The ones calling for this change are mainly the ones who constantly run packs.

Maybe reduce the the reward on a sliding scale (similar to hand in to same region traders from the same crafted region) per person, so it dont matter where you craft of hand in but the reward will go down the more you do it. That will effect the green pirates and the constant pack runners equally. If players can run packs constantly uncontested they will run even more and that will have a huge effect of prices.

Personally I think it should stay as it is all round, but changes to one play style which was intended to be this way would be wrong and have a huge effect on the whole game!

The price of draughts shouldn't change. But likewise purpling shouldn't give honor. No honor for a dishonorable act. I wasn't aware that you could even get honor that way. Is that the case?

I love the whole argument of risk versus reward and PVP vs Carebears.

Do you think the current system of Purpling for profit accurately translates the Risk Versus Reward for both parties? Or is it skewed in favor of one side or another? Or put another way who has more to gain, the people running packs or the people purpling for profit?

The only idea of they make 10 runs but only get purpled on once, doesn't really seem like an equitable concept for the idea of individual risk versus reward since you don't also take into affect the time those other 9 runs took and how the person who purples could be using that time effectively as well...so my though process is that it's a zero sum game of 1 run 1 purple(risk versus reward and who does it favor?).

I love the whole argument of risk versus reward and PVP vs Carebears.

Do you think the current system of Purpling for profit accurately translates the Risk Versus Reward for both parties? Or is it skewed in favor of one side or another? Or put another way who has more to gain, the people running packs or the people purpling for profit?

The only idea of they make 10 runs but only get purpled on once, doesn't really seem like an equitable concept for the idea of individual risk versus reward since you don't also take into affect the time those other 9 runs took and how the person who purples could be using that time effectively as well...so my though process is that it's a zero sum game of 1 run 1 purple(risk versus reward and who does it favor?).

I feel like this argument is what Andrew Wakefield did to spur the anti-vax movement. "Well of the 10 vaccinated children I looked at, only one got autism. Sure, we don't know how many generations of their family had autistic members in their genealogy, so we'll just ignore the fact that autism has a genetic link and just look at this as one child got autism from a vaccine so vaccines cause autism and ignore anything else that skews the results out of my favor". Sounds silly, huh?

You don't know how long the person who purpled was looking for someone to steal packs from. You DO know how long it would take to earn 2 gold less per pack on a pack run by going to a safe zone, and that extra time spent running across a conflict zone seems worth the RISK for such an additional REWARD to them. Why WOULD you omit the 9 successes to focus on the one failure that you got hit by? Your argument would work if they had a chance to hit you at any point in the run and successfully hit you 10/10 times no matter the time of day. You made 9 successful runs, and assuming the run was done with a freighter and the packs were worth a measly 10g each, that's a minimum of 800g. That one single solitary time that you lost one freighter full of packs was the time that you earned 800g and they only earned 81. The fact of the matter is not one person has spoken up saying green pirates have stolen even 25% of their packs and have evidence of it, so there's no reason to omit the 9 successful runs to focus on the one failed run, because that means something in the statistics of all this.

You could do other things besides run packs alone. I don't hear tell of any person who loses more than 50% of the packs they run for gold. I don't hear tell of any person who complains about running a hauler with a squad of guildmates who get hit 100% of the time. I seem to only hear of solo, undergeared players doing it. Doesn't that strike you as just a wee bit odd? It's just weird that my anecdote of my full (albeit small) guild running trade packs in contested zones as a group being able to successfully turn in all but one pack is completely ignored because of the people who think they should be allowed to do it alone unhindered while buck naked. It's the circle of life. If you're the stupid zebra waltzing into a river alone towards what looks like a log, you deserve to be eaten by the crocodile.

Last edited:
Back