What's new

Poll - We Need In-Game GMs

Should we have In-Game GMs?

• Yes - hackers need to be banned swiftly.

Votes: 144 87.3%
  • No - The administration team has been doing fine as is.

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm gonna stay on topic yeswe ban hackers and no we do not moderate and delete comments because you have power

ITT: Mods get baited into he-said she-said and further reinforce why moderation accounts should have been required to take new names and not disclose links to their ingame characters.

1 min ago, I lost again 4 burning logs to shit hacker and others just disappeared in front of me without somebody to see.

Pretty impossible to do burning logs, hacker dominate.

1 min ago, I lost again 4 burning logs to shit hacker and others just disappeared in front of me without somebody to see.

Pretty impossible to do burning logs, hacker dominate.

Are you frapsing it and reporting?
Can you target them?

@smeglmao Thank you for the video and screenshot. TWISTED does not condone hacking or cheats of any sort and Trnktz has been removed from our guild.

Unfortunately for you and your attempts to get to me because your friends got banned, I did screenshot this conversation, knowing you'd try just this.

Here's the full screenshots:
https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net...200/_8e2bb5a5ac7187d6ae6fec12df1ee993-png.jpg
+
https://i.gyazo.com/8c116737360099422297ba24f20170fd.png

Nice attempt, though. I'd appreciate if you stopped derailing the thread at this point.

Thanks,

This is
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3Mi8zNzgvb3JpZ2luYWwvZ29sZC1iYXJzLmpwZWc=

I saw the list of people banned and it boggled my mind. I literally watched these people potato across the map with packs.

Until you provide the logs publicly, I don't think this community is going to be able to get away from the possibility of a partial and biased administration not free of biases, and ultimately leads to a negative effect on the health and longevity of this server.

Believe it or not, myself and Welcome have enjoyed our time here more than we have on legacy.

If those members are benefitting from hacking then they're doing a poor job - other than a loaned katana, they're gear is shit (no offense)

There is no such thing as an unbiased entity.

There never has been. There never will be.

When you are hiring for GMs, you want to hire the smartest, most consistent people you can find that will take the payment terms you offer.

There is no consideration for guild affiliation, active or inactive in playing the game, etc.

The only considerations are time availability in performing GM tasks, consistency in rulings, and the mental strength required to wade through all the retarded tickets/posts/requests to find ones that actually raise issues that matter.

Can we all seriously believe that playing in relevant guilds and also being an admin isn't a huge conflict of interest?

I'm not calling into question the philosophical discussion of whether there is such thing as a completely impartial being.

With all of the banter and the immature response to some of the ban appeals I've seen, it calls into question where an admins interests lie

There is no such thing as an unbiased entity.

There never has been. There never will be.

When you are hiring for GMs, you want to hire the smartest, most consistent people you can find that will take the payment terms you offer.

There is no consideration for guild affiliation, active or inactive in playing the game, etc.

The only considerations are time availability in performing GM tasks, consistency in rulings, and the mental strength required to wade through all the retarded tickets/posts/requests to find ones that actually raise issues that matter.

Also the ability to laugh for hours when a flyhacker reports other hackers while forgetting to turn off flight hacks.

GM'ing is a daunting task, especially when the people you've gotta monitor number in the thousands. People, as an entity, are tiring to deal with on a good day, infuriating on most others.

Plus, even as a GM, you're not invisible to cheaters with decent software unless the game devs actually coded in the ability for the GM client/GM entity to not broadcast their location to clients connected to game server while "invisible". So, if cheaters see a GM character in their vicinity, they won't cheat. It isn't as easy as people think things are.

GM'ing is a daunting task, especially when the people you've gotta monitor number in the thousands. People, as an entity, are tiring to deal with on a good day, infuriating on most others.

Plus, even as a GM, you're not invisible to cheaters with decent software unless the game devs actually coded in the ability for the GM client/GM entity to not broadcast their location to clients connected to game server while "invisible". So, if cheaters see a GM character in their vicinity, they won't cheat. It isn't as easy as people think things are.

Even more than that, too. It's a hard balance with the community. People you beat will always accuse you of foul play and favoriting your guild. People you ban will always accuse you of corruption. Every item you get will always be through god powers, not hard work. Ever appeal you approve will be "your friend."

Amplify that by 1000 because this is ArcheAge, and the community started on the premise of toxic behavior, and you have yourself a job that can really only be done in short bursts. And if you say anything out of line at the player who is acting like a fool, you're even more of a bad guy, no matter how right or justified you are (especially when they start teleport hacking your logs and waters because your superior officer banned them).

Just like I call people who accuse me of feeding Wanted castle information. Can't call them mega ultra idiots that need a long emotional cry to the song Careless Whisper, nope. Gotta maintain professionalism. Certainly can't offer them a Motrin, or a binky, or a trip to the hospital in the Whaaaaambulance.

^A little sarcasm to lighten the mood, but the first two paragraphs are entirely serious.

Even more than that, too. It's a hard balance with the community. People you beat will always accuse you of foul play and favoriting your guild. People you ban will always accuse you of corruption. Every item you get will always be through god powers, not hard work. Ever appeal you approve will be "your friend."

Amplify that by 1000 because this is ArcheAge, and the community started on the premise of toxic behavior, and you have yourself a job that can really only be done in short bursts. And if you say anything out of line at the player who is acting like a fool, you're even more of a bad guy, no matter how right or justified you are (especially when they start teleport hacking your logs and waters because your superior officer banned them).

Just like I call people who accuse me of feeding Wanted castle information. Can't call them mega ultra idiots that need a long emotional cry to the song Careless Whisper, nope. Gotta maintain professionalism. Certainly can't offer them a Motrin, or a binky, or a trip to the hospital in the Whaaaaambulance.

^A little sarcasm to lighten the mood, but the first two paragraphs are entirely serious.

Not saying I wouldn't GM, because I'd want a better server. But I absolutely wouldn't cherish the job. People facing jobs are the worst, and for a game like this, with built in salt and toxicity, I know I'd be gnashing my teeth constantly. I work in IT, and it drives me up a wall sometimes. I'm exhausted most days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back