What's new

[Proposition] Arena entry cap removal.

Daily cap feedback.

• Total voters

Laufie

Greetings, ArcheRage team.
First of all, I wanted to thank you for everything you’ve done for the community. The changes to the game, and your immaculate attention to community feedback make ArcheRage a much needed breath of fresh air for the Archeage community. Your attention to community feedback is the very reason I’m making this forum post, because I know that no matter the outcome, my proposition will be heard.

Archeage alpha was a peculiar and widely infamous time during “the good old days” when many names arose to fame and became known throughout the community and echoed through several re-releases of the game. Some of those names were large guild leaders, others were influential people who owned land and made a lot of money. The community thrived through various sandbox aspects of the game. Some names however, arose from the arena, with highly skilled players and the occasional rivalries between them. I wanted to see that aspect of Archeage thrive once again.

So, I wanted to propose lifting the daily entry lockout cap on arena entries. I very much acknowledge (and appreciate) the increased Honor acquisition rate and the ability to obtain more entries through Bruiser’s Badges in the Honor shop. However, in my opinion, ideally, for arena to truly flourish it needs to feel more free. Back in the day many people would queue gladiator arena all day, it would be their main reason for playing the game. 1v1 Arena specifically is very fun, and I believe that removing the entry cap on it would let it flourish once again and attract much more people who cared about this aspect of the game the most. If you are concerned about lifting lockouts allowing players to farm honor points too quickly, I’m sure it would be very reasonable to lower the honor generation through arena, and leave it the same for everything else. After all, that’s how it used to be originally, and that’s when arena was most popular. Another possible solution if the coding for uncapping arena is too complicated, would be making the Bruiser Badge in the honor shop free or cost 1 honor. Original Archeage release birthed a plentiful amount of skilled arena players, and if arena is made more accessible and flexible, this private server may attract even more of them, which would be mutually beneficial for both the community and the popularity of ArcheRage.

I'm creating a poll with this to see how the community feels about this. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
During the "down times" in AA, I would often seek out the arena as a means for entertainment and small group combat, Don't get me wrong the world pvp is one of my favorite things about this entire game, but the opening of the arena back then was such a boost in the community and all around atmosphere of the game.. fueling both crafting & pve progression alike. With the right modifications this would be an amazing adjustment.. Really think this should be looked into <3

Id be cool if they removed the limits to queue but keep the entry limits for granting honor. i.e Play mode 5 times a day for honor gain and after that you can still play but no rewards. Unfortunately I didnt like Arena my first couple gos of servers and I fell behind in honor generation. I think they did it originally because it makes another route that if you can P2W gear, farm honor (whether you win or lose) and ignore other big parts of the game.

I agree in theory, disagree in practice.

The issue is: you remove the cap on arenas and you get less people doing open world PvP. You also run the very real risk of having people abuse the hell out of it.

I'd go with a two-fold proposal.

1)You remove the arena cap.
2)You make it so only the first five (maybe ten, TOPS) arenas reward honour points.

That's simple. That way, people can't abuse it and people who want to do arenas can do it nonstop.

What about rankings and rewards? To be honest it just makes sense to keep the cap where it is. People who want honor should camp freedich or queue 5v5.

I think the 5v5's should be buffed and I think the arenas should still be capped as its too much easy honor to farm. However, the bruiser badge in the honor shop could be reduced a little

I worry that if the cap was removed, people would AFK in arenas all day long. I want a fight, not whack-a-mole

Back