What's new

ptw supply crates

I have only been here a month but have been buying credits regular during that time. In this short space of time I have noticed a drastic drop in loot value from supply crates.

These hell bound crates for instance, I have opened 150 of them and best value items have been 2x battle pets. The rest of items have been crafting mats mainly archeum shards and crystals. in the last 2 types of crates I have not seen 1 anchoring charm of any kind, which really is the sole reason for me buying these crates.

How do others feel the RNG is working for them on supply crates?

I think I will only sell credits on AH from now on as supply crates are well earned money down the drain for me.

It is all RNG and the value of the contents is also dependent on the AH market at the time.

with 150 boxes all dropping the same stuff mainly archeum, the AH prices drop real quick, especially fine wave and fine fire lunarite, selling everything from 10 boxes will on average get around 300-400 gold selling 1k credits is a minimum of 1500 gold. So really after over 300 boxes mainly with low value drops I think the RNG has gone round full circle in that time and the drops are poor.

With selling credits it takes the RNG out the equation. With spending close to $300 I think that is plenty to decide if supply crates are good value or not, at 1st they seemed to be, getting a few anchoring charms and 5 moby dicks, but certainly have been terrible for the last $200 worth, in fact overall the last $200 worth have meant I would have made a lot more gold selling the credits on AH and buying the loot drops I wanted.

True, i fell your pain, those boxes suks so bad... i bought 50 in the other day and i only got crappy items, but the answer remains "its all about RNG" , why should we make the RNG better with higher chance? more people will buy it.

Personally I don't think archeum or lunarite should be in the crates at all. It creates way too much disruption in the market and punishes players who make their living generating those items in-game. Superior red charms, lucky points, dwarven pots etc. are fine - those are luxury items with an overall shortage in the economy. I'd rather see the cash shop focused strictly on luxuries and special mounts / costumes rather than basic commodities, or else the P2W starts feeling really oppressive.

[QUOTE="Mistress, post: 45683, member: 3326"why should we make the RNG better with higher chance? more people will buy it.[/QUOTE]

Right now whats the point in buying them? 150 crates for 2 dogs with AH value of max 1k each? No one in their right mind would buy more!

They are lotto boxes.

Most the time you lose sometimes you win big.

Last 2 weeks I bought 70 each and got honestly garbage, would of made 5k and 7k more gold each if I just sold credits.

The steel lightning box before that I got 5 steel lightnings, 4 superior reds, and a celestial weapon charm from 70 boxes... made stupid money considering I sold most the mounts for 2.8 to 3.2k.

It is all RNG. And with archeage when rng is involved best thing you can do is expect to lose.

last crates were no better
Personally I don't think archeum or lunarite should be in the crates at all. It creates way too much disruption in the market and punishes players who make their living generating those items in-game. Superior red charms, lucky points, dwarven pots etc. are fine - those are luxury items with an overall shortage in the economy. I'd rather see the cash shop focused strictly on luxuries and special mounts / costumes rather than basic commodities, or else the P2W starts feeling really oppressive.

Remember the crates before? I got over 300 xp boost tonics which at lvl 55 are as much use as a chocolate teapot, and have no value on AH at all!

Whatever the item of the week is, I just hoard them. Red Regrades last box for 100g? Thanks. Cheap Lunarite this box? Thanks. I still have Bundle boxes from over a month ago. I bought hundreds of them off the AH when they were in some crate.

Bottom line is, if crates arent worth it then dont buy them. Myself, I am patient enough to wait a week or two and enjoy the influx of certain items and the predictable price crash of said items.

Lunarite, synth shards, bundles, red regrade charms etc. May not be shiny big ticket items but I have enough to last months now ha.

All for cheap because RNG gamblers sell for cheap since they arent mounts or big dick charms.

/r

Whatever the item of the week is, I just hoard them. Red Regrades last box for 100g? Thanks. Cheap Lunarite this box? Thanks. I still have Bundle boxes from over a month ago. I bought hundreds of them off the AH when they were in some crate.

Bottom line is, if crates arent worth it then dont buy them. Myself, I am patient enough to wait a week or two and enjoy the influx of certain items and the predictable price crash of said items.

Lunarite, synth shards, bundles, red regrade charms etc. May not be shiny big ticket items but I have enough to last months now ha.

All for cheap because RNG gamblers sell for cheap since they arent mounts or big dick charms.

/r
Exactly it shows better off selling credits and just buying all the drops cheap, which is what I said at start

I get an anchor like every 10 or so boxes :p I don't open them religiously either. All luck fam

I think what he is saying is that when you place Archeum or other items that can be obtained at a good rate in game and then you put those same item into the ptw crates you disrupt the marketplace trade and punish the people who make their gold on these items. Place items that are very rare or unattainable in game in these crates.

opened over 500 crates since starting this thread and not got 1 top item, trying to support the game but when you spam 95% of crates with XP boost tonics which we cannot even sell, you are making it hard. So many items drop that simply wreck the trading market, placed 20 auction listings all starting lowest buy it now and only sold 1 item.

I can not justify buying another crate, all well and good that some love it because they simply stock up on cheap items being sold on AH, but that is simply rewarding the people who do not buy the crates, the people that buy them get to see any possible profit eaten away with vast numbers of basic crafting drops. I actually threw out from my bag 300 XP boosts as could not even sell them for auto listing price. Its a train wreck in my opinion.

Personally I would rather see Larceny buffed to pick up the slack on alot of these items. Archeum/Lunarite specifically.

Ive been playing alot less lately and its because my main professions are just so damn unrewarding lately. Larceny and Fishing need help.

I can understand why people source income elsewhere for this game, so they can just buy gear already done, used 18 x2 no breaks on delph volcano bow and all failed, ptw boxes are in reality throwing money away as any worthwhile drop cost so much in credits its ridiculous, spent close to £500 in last two months and got nothing to show for it, except hundreds of elixirs that no one wants, cant do anything until level 52 so everyone learns fishing, then once reached 52 no one needs the xp boosts.

Fast realising this server is no different from trion, pay so much real money and have nothing, sounds too familiar for my liking.

Fast realising this server is no different from trion, pay so much real money and have nothing, sounds too familiar for my liking.

That really only applies if you decide that you want to pimp your gear out and have a high gear score. And there's also a certain amount of "stuck with it" on a private server, you can't completely change the way augmenting works without doing a lot of re-writing.

That really only applies if you decide that you want to pimp your gear out and have a high gear score. And there's also a certain amount of "stuck with it" on a private server, you can't completely change the way augmenting works without doing a lot of re-writing.
What other reason would any one spend £500 inless than 2 months if not to pimp gear out? Maybe should just equip Dawnsdrop and throw £10 notes down the toilet.

Truthfully I would have more fun sucking a razor blade than regrading past celestial, but to open several hundred RNG boxes and not get 1 top drop is a clear sign that loyalty is a one way street, when the only people who really gain are the guys buying cheap on Auction house because crafting mats and regrade scrolls are at saturation point, means spending £50 on boxes gets a couple 1,000 in gold from sales.

So I will focus on getting gold another way, possibly packs or something entirely different. If I do not manage that I will leave, I am now done with buying credits, biggest waste of money I have made since leaving live!

What other reason would any one spend £500 inless than 2 months if not to pimp gear out?

I wasn't implying that in any way, shape, or form anything more than you'd had a run of really bad luck. Personally, I wish I had that kind of money to spend on boxes, but I don't. Also, because the retail version is still live, there's only going to be so much 'give' in the system. I wouldn't expect to see a drastic change in enchanting rates, or even how enchanting is done. Unless I miss my guess, you're getting a lot more for your money here than you ever did there.

Unless I miss my guess, you're getting a lot more for your money here than you ever did there.
That my friend is all relative, yes the labour regen is nice, the patron is nice, but the amount of cash I have spent that does not even notice. However Land in the best places is taken up mainly by people logging in to pay taxes then logging out again. Server is very quiet which means anything of value is overpriced and crates containing crafting mats means they really are not worth it at all.

When anyone pays money out, it is normal to get something in return but these crates started okay 2 months ago but drops from them since have stopped altogether for me. Either the RNG is set to such low chance so not getting top prize in 500+ crates is normal and people getting anything for less boxes are just extremely lucky, or the code for the RNG is flawed or simply designed to extract cash for no return.

Back