What's new

Question: Erenor Lunastones

Allow Erenor Lunastones to be used with other types of equipment?

• Yes

Votes: 84 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 81 49.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey ArcheRagers!

There are a few new Lunastones added to the game with 3.5. They can be used with Erenor only. See the example of it bellow:
ScreenShot0038.jpg

1 such Lunastone can be inserted into 1 piece of equipment.

Would you like it to remain same way or would you like such Lunastones have a possibility to be inserted into other types of equipment, not Erenor only?

Please vote and comment withing the next 24 hours.

These lunastones in some cases give effects that would otherwise be on Ayanad gear. Adding these to Erenor will make them the proper better version after Ayanad. For example, the crit bonus of Ayanad flame for the erenor flame lunafrost, if I remember correct.

Seems to me that it would make Erenor redundant if you could add these stones to e.g. t7 obsidian gear.

Voting no.

Voting yes, it would be better if we do not get errenor at all but since we have no choice we can at least keep Obsidian gear line viable

These lunastones in some cases give effects that would otherwise be on Ayanad gear. Adding these to Erenor will make them the proper better version after Ayanad. For example, the crit bonus of Ayanad flame for the erenor flame lunafrost, if I remember correct.

Seems to me that it would make Erenor redundant if you could add these stones to e.g. t7 obsidian gear.

Voting no.

Completely agree, why get set bonus crafted gear and or erenor gear when you have these frosts, voting no.

For my class set up erenor armor is not effective, neither is a full set of frosts but it does give me the 3 set, and better frosts for gear pieces with little other options. Frosts are easy to craft generally and this could close the gap a bit for none whale types.

These pieces were given to erenor cause they naturally don't have a frost, since you can roll any stat on them and they allow more versatility to the armor. Adding these to other pieces would be a huge imbalance of power, and there'd be no reason to craft erenor armor.

Voting no.

Edit: I didn't play 3.5 for very long; I quit the game shortly after it dropped on official servers. Thus, I haven't had a really good look at what Erenor gear brings to the table. I really hope the developers are carefully considering the second and third order effects before introducing it to the game and/or making changes like this lunafrost. For example, it seems like it's basically going to invalidate all other lunafrosts due to the set bonus.

I initially voted yes, but I changed to no after reading some of the input from other players in this thread, particularly Epic's post. I hope you all vote no, but if you don't you're going to have Darkrunners like me running around with absurd amounts of crit. Don't say you weren't warned ;-)

Last edited:
Erenor was intended to be end-game gear. IF there is no intention of introducing Hiram (and I hope you never do), then the erenor gems should be appropriate to Erenor gear. If you introduce Hiram, it will completely invalidate all the work and gold spent on all other gear.
So my vote is no in hopes that Hiram never enters this game.

Why not show all of them rather than just the healing one. I know they have been increased in later patches but the Flame one still gives 18.6% Melee Critical Damage in 3.5.

(Had to use KR ss cause they were increased in future patches)
05.png

The whole point of the Erenor Lunafrost is to make up for the fact that you can only roll specific stats on your Erenor gear and it has no set bonuses even though its CRAFTED GEAR.

It is essentially having a Flame set, Ocean set, Life set etc. but on your Erenor. Why would you switch from your ayanad set that gives you a great set bonus for basic stats.

This is the possible rolls on your Erenor armor (Some vary based on what it is, Hood, Shirt, Gloves etc. but can roll 3 of the stats. 2 rolls are main stats

(2 of these)
0ddce2b95e2322d37e287f23327e7ab7.png

(1 of these)
9685d046a0e7b61012f32e58265010a3.png

fa18cfbd1fcbcc57e13391cee5ba5151.png

Nowhere is there options to roll stats such as attack/healing power/magic attack stats or any crit movespeed etc. of any kind. Letting you use these frost on any other armor other than Erenor is insanely overpowered.

You are already gaining these set bonuses on your Crafted gear (ayanad) and Obsidian gear makes up for these with Equip effects.All these frosts would do is let ppl run 70 attack and double the amount of crit etc they would be able to normally.

Ancestral skills are already very strong next patch (Including Wave Meteor, and Lightning Tiger Strike). Letting people run this on there Obsidian Gear or Already Set bonused Ayanad is actually game breaking.

Coming from someone that is already suspected to be ridiculously strong next patch.

Last edited:
Voting yes, as it will allow for more flexibility for existing players that cannot easily afford the change to crafted only gear. But I feel the bonuses need to be lessened or a new set of bonuses and Luna's added specifically for obsidian also with decreased bonuses.

Why not show all of them rather than just the healing one. I know they have been increased in later patches but the Flame one still gives 18.6% Melee Critical Damage in 3.5.

(Had to use KR ss cause they were increased in future patches)
05.png

The whole point of the Erenor Lunafrost is to make up for the fact that you can only roll specific stats on your Erenor gear and it has no set bonuses even though its CRAFTED GEAR.

It is essentially having a Flame set, Ocean set, Life set etc. but on your Erenor. Why would you switch from your ayanad set that gives you a great set bonus for basic stats.

This is the possible rolls on your Erenor armor (Some vary based on what it is, Hood, Shirt, Gloves etc. but can roll 3 of the stats. 2 rolls are main stats

(2 of these)
0ddce2b95e2322d37e287f23327e7ab7.png

(1 of these)
9685d046a0e7b61012f32e58265010a3.png

fa18cfbd1fcbcc57e13391cee5ba5151.png

Nowhere is there options to roll stats such as attack/healing power/magic attack stats or any crit movespeed etc. of any kind. Letting you use these frost on any other armor other than Erenor is insanely overpowered.

You are already gaining these set bonuses on your Crafted gear (ayanad) and Obsidian gear makes up for these with Equip effects.All these frosts would do is let ppl run 70 attack and double the amount of crit etc they would be able to normally.

Ancestral skills are already very strong next patch (Including Wave Meteor, and Lightning Tiger Strike). Letting people run this on there Obsidian Gear or Already Set bonused Ayanad is actually game breaking.

Coming from someone that is already suspected to be ridiculously strong next patch.

This is basically what I meant ty for elaborating c:

If you let Erenor lunafrosts be used on any equipment, Ayanad gear will be better than Erenor gear, which is absurd.

Voting no.

Im Voting NO due to the fact its ment for ERENOR gear on the basis of Erenor gear not having set bonus and only being able to get certain stat rolls on your Erenor gear, if you take that away it will completely remove erenor from the game and then YOU MIGHT NOT AS WELL IMPLEMENT 3.5 PATCH AT ALL!

VOTING NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back