What's new

Question: Erenor Lunastones

Allow Erenor Lunastones to be used with other types of equipment?

• Yes

Votes: 84 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 81 49.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sparkle How about this instead. It is pretty common knowledge that most players dont run a 7/7 of x crafted armor (like a set of 7/7 delphinad wave or lake ect.) So instead only add these lunafrost to be applied to crafted armor (delphinad/ayanad) for 2 reasons.

1. It will allow crafted gear to become more viable as a playstyle, as it currently stands if you add these frost to EVERY piece of armor then people will for the most part still mostly use obsidian armor. This will allow players another viable option of gear.

2. The frost were meant to make crafted gear a viable option to t7 obsidian. The gems were always originally meant for armor SETs. The bonuses granted to obsidian are suppose to be counter balanced by the 7/7 set bonuses on armor. If you add these lunagems to obsidian, then it will completely eliminate the need for ever going crafted armor.

So let me just give an example, we would be adding 7/7 bonuses to obsidian gear, but will not be adding any of the super strong buffs that obsidian grant to crafted gear. It will make crafted gear fairly obsolete imo. I think the most balanced choice would be to only add them to crafted gear. OR if you add them to obsidian make the obsidian version weaker.

This situation also pleases both parties, it is added in the game, but it also doesnt make everyone drastically stronger because you do have to do a give and take (obsidian buffs or stronger 7/7 armor sets?)

Last edited:
@Flipsy Make sure to retain from insults even if you don't agree with another player's point of view.

My bad, it was more of a poke at simple logic comprehension more than a personal insult on someone. Sorry if it seemed that way, it was just a blanket statement that I wasn't aiming at any one person in particular.

I do like the idea but it might mess with the balance on the game...

Maybe if the lunastone gets 100% chance on erenor BUT little less on other gears since it's not proper for... like.. 80%? 70% ? idk, just an idea...

:confused:

I do like the idea but it might mess with the balance on the game...

Maybe if the lunastone gets 100% chance on erenor BUT little less on other gears since it's not proper for... like.. 80%? 70% ? idk, just an idea...

:confused:
These are lunastones, they are 100% and take up lunafrost slot. They are not lunagems or anything like that, this post makes no sense.

Imagine thinking the vote was "add this item or not add this item". no it's not. it's "do you want access to this earlier or do you just want swipers to have another thing over you".
This post shows such an incredible misunderstanding of not only the item but also of the vote itself. Nobody has ever thought this vote was "add this item or not add this item", nor is this vote even about making it accessible to to everyone or just swipers because this vote does not go over the crafting costs of it which presumably would not change. They are still very difficult to make and exist for the sole purpose of providing the set effects that Erenor loses when upgrading from Ayanad, if put on other gear it'd just make already very powerful gear much stronger. If you believe voting yes will make it so that things are better for lesser geared players than your post shows a critical lack of and misunderstanding of game mechanics and that you don't know or understanding the consequences of what you're voting for.

You are wrong. We are not "making people to decide" but wanted to know players (who are aware how original 3.5 system worked) stance on this question so we could make a decision on this aspect.
Complaints on us asking players opinions make me think that players don't want us to ask them.
Adding a poll insinuates a lot about the purpose of the thread and allows people who know NOTHING about the items to skew the vote, most people in the thread who say they have voted yes are either because they have a critical misunderstanding of the item or they're doing it to offset balance. We want you to ask for player opinions but this is literally the ONLY thing you've asked about in the months leading up to 3.5, if it weren't the case we wouldn't have been constantly asking for more information on the patch and the changes you all are making so we could critique them. We know so little about the patch that we might as well assume it's base 3.5 with some slight changes to the trading, we don't even know if Erenor is coming out because you won't say one thing about the patch.

It looks like the main concern is balance. I think if you can boost the resilience and toughness and rework there crit stat etc I would say yes. Customization and reducing one shot is key. Maybe have leather/cloth specific ones.

No changes will be made regarding this matter. Patch notes will not include any of the offered in this thread changes as players couldn't reach a consensus.
Closing this thread for now due to it. Appreciate all the feedbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back