What's new

Ravenspine Fix Gone Bad

Kezz

Since the Magithopter cannot be immediately knocked down like a normal glider, it will still be very possible to macro the invincibility skill that now lasts 5 seconds for 4.0 patch. It will probably make no difference, and if anything will make the glider better than before.

Can we increase the global cooldown for gliders? And while were at it... increase the global cooldown for mounts? The macros for these things are insane. People are invincible before they even get on a mount. The same will happen with the new Ravenspine Wings. We need some sort of delay between the "spawn" and the "skill use". Otherwise the macro will take care of it.

I see enough Ezi's Gliders getting shot down in PVP, if they were going to macro this change they'd be doing it with Ezi's as well. I'm not too worried

Honestly, if any theirs very few people who actually macro gliders/mounts. I'm pretty sure if you did macro them it'd end up cucking you if it didn't go perfect / server-lag etc. The new ravenspine is much needed as it gives people a chance to catch targets rather than a instant immune at a press of one button.

Honestly, if any theirs very few people who actually macro gliders/mounts.

Lol are you serious dude every single pn 1 member is using macros for mounts and gliders. Kezz is right there should be a 2 second global cooldown on gliders and mounts between summoning and using any ability.[/QUOTE]

Lol are you serious dude every single pn 1 member is using macros for mounts and gliders. Kezz is right there should be a 2 second global cooldown on gliders and mounts between summoning and using any ability.
[/QUOTE]
Just because you can't press two buttons fast enough doesn't mean their needs to be a gcd. A gcd between using a glider / mount will make them useless in pvp as they wont be fast enough.

You can just bind the glider and the skill on the same button so the moment you open the glider the skill also pops. Not much brain meat needed for that or any 3rd softwares or gaming hardware. Pretty much everyone on this server is doing that.

A buddy and I ran some Ezi’s glider tests last night with OUT a maco and the immune proc happened before the character left the ground. How will that be any different then what it is now? Oh wait the user get another additional 3 seconds ?

They should either make it fall when damaged or add a global cooldown of 1 second or just remove all the invincible bs on this server.

Last edited:
A buddy and I ran some Ezi’s glider tests last night with OUT a maco and the immune proc happened before the character left the ground. How will that be any different then what it is now? Oh wait the user get another additional 3 seconds ?

They should either make it fall when damaged or add a global cooldown of 1 second or just remove all the invincible bs on this server.
Because their is a chance for you to knock them out of the glider, try test trying to activate a ezi glider against an archer who is holding endless arrows against you. The old ravenspine was legit mash one key and you were guaranteed to get out.

There is simply no skill left in the game with these patches the only 'skilful' things left are: trips, mounts & gliders.
4.0 will make it so you can kite tiger-strikes, the new change to ravenspine will actually have some-what of skill needed in order to activate the immune rather than spam one button and get out.

I see enough Ezi's Gliders getting shot down in PVP, if they were going to macro this change they'd be doing it with Ezi's as well. I'm not too worried

It's the fact that magithopters cannot be shotdown like gliders, you just take increased damage. Sure if you could actually shoot the ravenspine user down like with an ezi glider there'd be no issue.

Because their is a chance for you to knock them out of the glider, try test trying to activate a ezi glider against an archer who is holding endless arrows against you. The old ravenspine was legit mash one key and you were guaranteed to get out.

There is simply no skill left in the game with these patches the only 'skilful' things left are: trips, mounts & gliders.
4.0 will make it so you can kite tiger-strikes, the new change to ravenspine will actually have some-what of skill needed in order to activate the immune rather than spam one button and get out.
I don’t think you understand that every one basically macros gliders. You honestly hold down 1 key and they loop through the key strokes you have set. You can have this loop push a lot of keys in 1ms. Let’s say it had to loop the macro 5 times before the immune proced that’s 5ms a endless arrow would not even hit you in that time. That also does not negate the fact that even with out the immune proc the ravenspine needs a stun like effect to make it fall.

You can just bind the glider and the skill on the same button so the moment you open the glider the skill also pops. Not much brain meat needed for that or any 3rd softwares or gaming hardware. Pretty much everyone on this server is doing that.

So I know you are a healer so you probably haven’t experienced the mount macro unless you were skewering someone and they managed to hit 3 keys by the time your instant skewer went off if that hasn’t happened to you , you probably haven’t even seen it. First off the mount macro cannot be explained by your simple” I set all the hot keys all the same so it’s really fast “ analogy. Because it’s 3 keys and the keys would actually collide with each other if you set them all to be the same key.. I will break this down for you . Key 1 summon mount , key 2- mount the mount. Key 3- charge. People using the macro do it in the matter of half a second. It is In fact so fast that people are immune before the animation even shows them even on top of the mount. If you really think no one is using macros then you are ignorant or stupid. Since it’s hard to prove if someone is using them . Which it is and everyone knows it is that’s why people abuse it . You can only regulate things that would not allow abilities particularly immune abilities to be spammed like that .

Just get good at timings, a lot of players do those legit and the thing you're not understanding is :desynch, ping and how skills are managed by the server/client.
Ravenspine, if you complain about the macroers is not worse than the ezi, wich gives like 6-7 seconds immunity? At least ravenspine is slow.
Also you can have not one but two gliders with divebomb skills to time the enemy invince and revert the situation at your advantage.
People's incapability to chain crowd control and to time skills are just complaining about a 2 seconds invincibility wich ends up expsing us to 1.5x damage but we can't keep our runes and kingdom shadows and be oneshot from everyone. Fair.

Ravenspine will be at 5 seconds with the ability to take damage while gliding also can be enhanced to be quite fast. Much better then an additional 2 seconds but your right they need to fix all immunity on pets and gliders. I also don’t know why your complaining about buffs in a post that is clearly a glider topic.

Cause it's bothering to see people beeing listened about Ravenspine over and over and over again and those beeing nerfed every time someone sheds a tear.
But we can't have TWO defensive buffs staying...
People should stop complaining about the wrong issues...

@Drothroco re-read Kezz first post man.

Since the Magithopter cannot be immediately knocked down like a normal glider

I don't know if what Kezz says is true, I don't have astra wings or rocket wings to test it. But if you are indeed unable to knock someone off a deploying magithopter, regardless of whether it's ravenspine or any other of same type, then that makes the change a simple buff in increasing duration by 3 seconds.,

Check example below.

Pay attention to my buffs, invincibility is triggered almost the exact same moment my glider is deployed. And that is me with 100 ping and not even macro'ing it.
Notice how global cooldown didn't prevent me from activating invincibility.

If Kezz is right, then Ravenspine gets nothing but 3 more seconds of immunity. Turning it into an active won't change anything if there is nothing to stretch out the time-frame in which your glider is deployed and you are able to hit the immunity.

@Sparkle I appreciate that you listened, but the suggestions way back from people asking to turn the invincibility to an active is a flawed idea. It doesn't weaken ravenspine, unless the global cooldown from opening a glider is preventing you from using glider abilities (which would screw over every other glider basically).

Keep ravenspine as it is, and think of a different way to tweak it. Increase immunity cooldown from 30s to 2 minutes or something else.

I assumed that the ravenspine would be converted to the same type as ezi-glider (aka the previous 'nerfs' removed)?

The most ideal ravenspine in order to balance it in terms of skill + fairness would be identical to ezi-glider.

Droth if I recall correctly, you're one of the people that would spawn a mount and be invincible before you even get on it. You're literally STILL climbing the mount, but invincible. I'm not saying it macros, but what I am saying is that if that's actually even possible, then it needs a fix one way or another.

I don't think we should revert Ravenspines, I think we need to adjust it so mounts/gliders of all types are adjusted to respond correctly. In Trapwhr's video he was invincible before the key even registered on his glider. It's broken.

Droth if I recall correctly, you're one of the people that would spawn a mount and be invincible before you even get on it. You're literally STILL climbing the mount, but invincible.

That's just the game being shittily coded, don't think you can do much about it. I see people hop on their mounts and my arrows being "invinced" and their mount hasn't even started running yet and is still standing still.

I don't think there are any great solutions in tweakin the invinc ability itself. Even if it requires you to cast it and you can only hit it 0.5-1s after opening, still let's people jump in, kill a guy and ravenspine out before people are aware what happened.
You can however, lower the annoyance by increasing the cooldown to 2minutes or further to prevent 5 people jumping in and out of your raid without consequences every few seconds.

Lol are you serious dude every single pn 1 member is using macros for mounts and gliders. Kezz is right there should be a 2 second global cooldown on gliders and mounts between summoning and using any ability.
[/QUOTE]
This man just said I macro LMAO

Adding a gcd to gliders, even to a specific one, is a heavy nerf no matter what. Especially considering that Ezis', GoW and Ravenspines are key repositioners that keep you out of the ball and in the fight, but with a gcd their actives become nearly unusable unless you're off to the side or out of combat, to which point the point of their use doesn't make sense.

Like Wyatt was saying, if you're struggling to fight a certain tactic, get good lmao.

But seriously, there's a common counter to just about every invince mechanic, and most have to be deployed before being used, which now includes Ravenspine. Cc them: tk belt, hard tk, mirror's light, stillness, rd/rocket glider, dagger (affects air speed), lasso, etc. It'll pull people out of magithopter, too. This is a really decent balance change, in my opinion.

Back