What's new

Reduce quantity of items given from RNG Box

FatherOsborn

Hey, I'm by no means anti RNG box, I love gambling and I think the RNG boxes has been cool so far. However, this new box that was recently added today; it's kinda crazy. I opened 1 chest and I was given 50 synthium shards, I kept going with 4 more boxes.

In 5 boxes:

1 Red Regrade Charm
4 Blue Regrade Charms
6 Starlight Archeum Crystals
5 Moonlight Archeum Essence
50 Clear Synthium Shards

1 box alone gave me this:
dbe0f917a2e3323691058e9163ef16e6.png

Could you please consider maybe reducing the quantity of items given? The boxes only cost 100 credits after all.. It really affects a lot of players, especially those who own land in Auroria and grinds archeum trees for crystals/shards.

Hey, I'm by no means anti RNG box, I love gambling and I think the RNG boxes has been cool so far. However, this new box that was recently added today; it's kinda crazy. I opened 1 chest and I was given 50 synthium shards, I kept going with 4 more boxes.

In 5 boxes:

1 Red Regrade Charm
4 Blue Regrade Charms
6 Starlight Archeum Crystals
5 Moonlight Archeum Essence
50 Clear Synthium Shards

1 box alone gave me this:
dbe0f917a2e3323691058e9163ef16e6.png

Could you please consider maybe reducing the quantity of items given? The boxes only cost 100 credits after all.. It really affects a lot of players, especially those who own land in Auroria and grinds archeum trees for crystals/shards.

The amounts of items granted mathematically speaking are comparable to 100 credits spent, they could increase the total number of different items gained, making archeum appear 50% less as a drop, but i am not sure if that can be done, now that they are already in circulation.
Prices of archeum should equalise with demand anyhow, since credits are scarce and expensive atm.

@Sparkle do you think the drops might impact archeum farming in auroria?

It works both ways though, because there are a lot of people that are unable to afford or have farms in Auroria to farm Archeum and with the prices being very high it is also stunting their armor and weapon growth rate due to how high the prices for a crystal or essence were. So the people with farms make a tad less, but the people that needed the influx to lower the prices will be able to make gear a bit easier and help everyone balance out a bit more so wallet warriors don't have quite as large of an advantage.

It works both ways though, because there are a lot of people that are unable to afford or have farms in Auroria to farm Archeum and with the prices being very high it is also stunting their armor and weapon growth rate due to how high the prices for a crystal or essence were. So the people with farms make a tad less, but the people that needed the influx to lower the prices will be able to make gear a bit easier and help everyone balance out a bit more so wallet warriors don't have quite as large of an advantage.

This is complex, influx of more archeum will reduce its prices, temporarily, allowing many crafters to buy archeum more often.
At the same time Credit prices/Archeum released in the world/Superior Reds balance out on the market right now, and it is highly dependant on RNG to get proc of Superior Red charms, by spending thousands of credits.

Nope.
If ppl really want archeum to be cheaper, just add more archeum to purses, from salvaging auroria gear or dungeons/wb drops. Anything as long you can FARM it. Making everything available in rng boxes is a god damn trion thing. Continue like this and you will start to see you playerbase bleeding.

starlight is at 3g per crystal atm lol sunlight is at 5 moonlight is down into the 2 gold range like you guys just made your entire auroira content obsolete who is gonna go farm waters for pennies in the game. your basically forcing people to use their credit card to get gold, or get lucky regrading which even that is going to take a tremendous hit because market will be flooded with epics due to all the superior reds in the game. I dunno if you guys remember the flashing racing box that u could spawn the rumbling archeum trees in back in 2014, but this is considerably worse in my opinion.
anyways i strongly urge you guys to either rescind this box or at least dumb it down by about 150%

Hi guys
Yes it could cause flooding on the market since 2 boxes in a row were Archeum based, it is short-term for now, i will try to interveene for them to rotate boxes so no proficiency or content players do is not hindered greatly.There will always be spikes in the economy just got to make sure they do not stay for long.

Hi guys
Yes it could cause flooding on the market since 2 boxes in a row were Archeum based, it is short-term for now, i will try to interveene for them to rotate boxes so no proficiency or content players do is not hindered greatly.There will always be spikes in the economy just got to make sure they do not stay for long.
you must be modeling the economy after bitcoin.

i mean you havnt got 1 single person say thank you for this, fix it lol you listen to disrep like a blind monkey you have a a buncha players telling you this aint right and you sit there and defend it...?

@LightSeeker i think there mad because you guys enabled the drop chance but idk last post im gonna make in here not much point in arguing if this is what you intended to do. just alienates all of those non pay to win arguments of the previous months. and seems to be the complete opposite direction you promised us the game would go in.

Take synthium out of the picture, since it has only one purpose.
Most of this discussion is related to archeum, but by calculations archeum loot from boxes is several times cheaper than buying one box for gold.

The only difference here is temporarily increased supply of archeum, which will decline as soon as the boxes are gone, as it is timed.

Personally i have bought all my archeum prior to this ,and thought i made a huge mistake, but the prices have changed so slightly over the time of this week, that the difference in profit lost is minor. And players did not raise an alarm on previous archeum boxes.
The main economy difference happened when Rudolph crate was implemented, and just stayed similar.

This means, that after both boxes are gone, crafters and players who wish their costumes upgraded will be more than content, while archeum farmers will have their profits back.
If i knew anything remotely strategic, i would stack up on archeum now, and sell it later.
Since there will not be another archeum based box after this for some time.

it was just luck??
how is it luck to get 3x or 4x superior reds from 1 box?

154b4a070a2732348eb656fed6d1e21a.png

b11b0ccc57c171b8f7062d44c5ffc520.png

So having opened up 10,000 credits in boxes, I can safely say this is probably 20,000 credits worth of boxes, definitely more than 10k credits. Not many on the server can get 100+ boxes.

Back