What's new

Regarding changes in the refresh time of some World Bosses

Do you want to change the time when some world bosses appear?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiwi and the others put it better than I could. It's a bad faith change made to suit an agenda, framed in a way that it's good for the health of the game. It's not good for the health of the game. The fact that the No vote consists of both East and West across various timezones, compared to the Yes vote, which is largely IHG and their mates, is proof enough that this is a biased change made under false pretenses.

Hot take, but am I the only one who thinks waking up before noon on a weekend isnt weird? A spawn around noon for NA/SA is around midnight for China and evening for EU. Curious as to why that doesn't sound like a good time for the whole server.

there's a very very tiny Chinese population, I've not even seen any on the east faction honestly

We had a group before, they're gone now due to reasons unrelated to this thread. They didn't even exile so yes the amount of them on the server drastically decreased then.

I agree with Kiwi's reasoning below. Why only change a few specific things for your needs? Keep freefarming your Sunday content, that should be enough imo. For me times are tough too to handle irl, but if I'm able to rest enough and set an alarm, I'm there. You guys can do the same.

The only reason you guys want it changed is so that you get a Leviathan soul for your BD/snake weapons. Otherwise youd be arguing that castle sieges should be changed too since its very late for you. Greed won't change the timers.

Also thanks to Boxu for a more in-depth analysis that shows we don't need more bosses moved to free farm timers..

Doesnt make sense to change North American boss timers on an North American server to cater to a group of players from china that are choosing to play in an North American server.
No offense but YOURE choosing to play in a server that isn't your time zone, if you wanted bosses to be up during your time zone and want to experience levi/chary and other stuff...move to RU server. This server literally already made a Sunday spawn at 9am eastern. 9 Freaking am on a sunday, that is AWFUL time for NA and no one comes out other than...china gamers resulting in; china get FREE black dragon and FREE kraken. Now you want FREE leviathan and FREE chary at early time too? No, boss timers are correct and don't need a change. If you want to experience other bosses...do what we have to do on sunday mornings and stay up late to experience them like we have to wake up early to avoid you getting free content on sundays.
I will regreat at some points about what am i going to say now but... i do agree with Kiwi on this. And i do take myself as an example of such thing as a South America player, if i do wish to play and join content stuff, i must fit THE server time into my own schedule. We all know that this server is NA based and all that. But making such a timers change to fit a especific group never works, it will lead to a series of changings and refreshmentes that may lead to a even worst scenario. You all might remember back the days when Sunday morning bosses spawn were added, right? It is the same movie repeating itself. But let me point out that bosses loots and else stuff are just a mere and tiny detail on this, honestly speaking

Free BD and Kraken, arguably the 2 most important bosses to free farm, is already extremely generous. BD weapon scrolls, and kraken hotswaps / glider for sky emperor. Now you want chary, Levi, and garden anthalon for uncontested free farm? It'd destroy faction balance. Every Chinese member would own an enoan, let alone the demand for world boss infusions would sky rocket as they attempt to feed their boss armor.

If this server had a healthy balance of Chinese players, I'd understand. However, there isn't a single "250 member discord" group that is on east for that timezone.

These spawn times are being disguised as healthy, but force an agenda for the BD weapon owners who are unsatisfied with their 3:1 snake spawns compared to the rest of the west.

No

That is a very dumb idea... when there is a server closer to their times.
Most of the China players just like NA because they can typically run packs without an issue the hours that they play. If they do run into anyone they can zerg them 5 to 1.

Which is exactly how most of them play.

No. Why change what works? Giant Panda just wants to free farm more seeing West have more WORLD BOSS weapons than East.. Im all for balance but to add more WB timers is ridiculous. I am in NA but i have never seen WB because i do work and i dont blame others if i cannot make it in time for content.
Dont be so greedy, GiantPanda :) not everyone is a whale like you. You chose to play on NA server, make time for content if you want those bosses. I recall you doing Risopoda early morning when you know NA players of West are not present, lol. Did you think about them? FYI, I am West. and i vote NO.

I just made my account to vote no, making the early morning boss spawns is already super hard for, so them being pushed earlier is going to make these impossible for me to make. I also have friends from Europe that don't have issues playing at content with the current times, so I don't understand the argument for those players.

I appreciate that all of us can come together and actually discuss this. The previous issue of the last time this popped up is that the bold statement that people hate each other so much to the point that people try to PvP everywhere with methods such as: Attempting to boot east/west players or IHG players trying to boot people they hate from RD, Blocking trade outlets with freighters, leaving alts up to scout trade outlets and other petty areas including: Forums, other PvE content, and other areas where PvP isn't the primary objective. As for the following statement regarding IHG.

Not only is this just a gross and misuse of numbers and pull to try and get the bosses swapped in IHG's favor. The argument that gets brought up time and time again is that (insert nationality group) is the majority player base, thus timers should be tailored to them. This happened previously when both the previously know BR squad and pn2 combined on pirate and were all but uncontested due to the sheer amount of PvP players who rightfully won said boss content by PvPing over it.
East at the time was a majority of Eu players, and west bandwagons' the vote to change timers to what they are currently at. This was a vain and fruitless effort to try and deny bosses from the people who were rightfully able to farm it. We attempted to contest said group as west only a handful of times, but due to the changes of such bosses. The pirate group not only still won contested, but also the people responsible for the introduced boss timers all quit to play on EU or just stop playing in general after said attempts to contest. This follows suit to the same problem we are at currently.

These bosses have, and always were built in mind to be the main PvP content of Archeage. Changing them anymore for the sake of a guilds time zone is a gross misallocation of resources, time, and pettiness of one group to another solves absolutely nothing. This is a vain attempt to get more free content by IHG, and should be treated as such. The major content draw of Archeage is these main event bosses, the game was designed this way for a reason. If IHG is asking for timers to be changed to free farm more bosses, you might as well just make another server to let them play on, because they do not want PvP, they seem to just want to gear and get everything handed to them on a silver platter. The state of boss timers is already extremely trash due to the last time this happened, and also caused a massive divide of players, which as stated above from others:

SWAP SERVERS IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE TIMERS, this is an NA server, and has a majority of what an NA player base usually has, as the following: NA, and SA players, It reflects the same population groups of any MMO on a NA based server. Don't like it? Leave. The voting alone shows how 1 hive minded guild is going to act, in light of the statement. It is majorly the problem of different cultures, and different ideals. It seems staff has brought this up too as timers currently aren't at a steady grouping for Sunday bosses. So I'm going to propose the following:
  • Change Sunday boss timers to at least 1 PM server time to allow both Chinese, America's, And Eu player bases to participate in the event. It's at a decent evening time for Eu, Na players, and 1 AM for Chinese players. It's as close as you're going to get to make these bosses fair and consistent. As stated above from other posts. This is an NA server. These bosses are optional, and you need to choose the time you want to attempt these as they are not meant to be freely killed.
  • Create some sort of 1 time transfer to allow said players to swap to or from the NA-EU to allow accommodating stances over these insane world boss timer changes already done here. This would allow everyone to have the chance to be happy and experience the content that is constantly complained over.
  • Ignore this post and it's attempted change as it's stupid and only favorable to 1 guild.
  • Care bear the bosses and give Every faction free reign to kill the bosses uncontested (Seriously? this is what this post sounds like)

Every time crap like this shows up, it's a pathetic attempt to starve other players out of things without actually contesting them. Yes it is unfortunate that IHG can't play on our times, but they made that decision by playing on an NA server. The blatant abuse of mechanics, timers, alts, and bots have been extremely prevalent from certain groups, and is also extremely one sided over my above statement of: " Some of you PvP in PvE content" As it's petty as it can get.

TL;DR:
    You don't get to try and zerg votes in to get content meant for PvP, just because you want free bosses. Tons of other people have to sacrifice time and energy to fight over said bosses, or log in to kill them. If you can't do that, you don't deserve them, and that's also your own faults for mass feeding world boss weapons that no one else on the server still has a single t2 of. Changing these timers will only lead to more 1 sided amounts of players that have zero chances of upgrading or gaining boss loot. Play the game the way it was meant to be, not the way YOU want it to be.​

Last edited:
I'll put it simply as most would be same stuff repeated by others. Changing these world boss timers will only benefit one faction, one guild, one time zone. I've seen statements that the server might be hosted in NA timezones, but that doesn't mean its a NA server rather its a international server. If this was the case, then what makes the RU server specifically a RU server. Its the time zone, thats what makes it, because the timezone will also draw people to it that actually want to play the game. Not to freefarm just to see their numbers go up. IIRC I remember knowing the RU hosted server was made prior to the NA hosted one. Really odd those who want world bosses in their timezone so they can participate joined the server that was created after the one that would've favored that.

I'm an EU Player and the timers are okay for me , there is legit no reason to change it.
The one in mid Week is to late? Then just join Weekend ones.. This is still a Game u can't attempt to every single spawn.
And I guess enough already said it but it seems that it would help only one specific group to swap Spawn timers. 'okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back