What's new

Remove Old Jar 60 second cooldown?

Remove 60 second cooldown from Old Jar collection and require level 52 (or higher) to open them?

• Total voters

sociopathix

Can we have the 60 second cooldown removed from harvesting Old Jar items from Sea of Drowned Love? Make it so they can't be harvested under level 52.

You could even bump the level required to level 55 if it's not difficult to make it even harder to bot. It's not like many people under level 55 are worried about trying to find eternal defiance fins anyway.

If not, can we have the timer reduced? Sometimes these jars spawn in groups and waiting around for 3-4 minutes can be really boring. If not removed completely, can it be brought down to 20-30 seconds?

Kind of hard to vote when we dont really know the status of bots and speed hackers. But its the same for those sunken treasure chests. sucks when you spend 10 minutes looking for one, then find 3 around a wreck and have to wait about 2 minutes between each one... only to get vault stone shards from each one! :p

I lean towards yes, so long as the staff feels they have teleport/speed hacking ect under control.

Im curious how much the loot drop helps tho. I never had Eternal defiance on Official and spent many hours across multiple toons trying to get them. Here i got it in less than 2 hours of jar farming across 3 sessions. 1 person that was farming with me got his on his first trip out of the 3rd or 4th jar he hit and another in our party to do Nazar never went farming before, hit a single jar while we waiting for everyone to get there and got it. I'm not certain but it surely seems like its much easier to get them on this server and I did it, waiting for the cooldown isn't really that bad.

The cooldown timer is really just a fake fix, to be honest. It slows down the harvesting of the jars, but what does a teleporting bot that can harvest jars care? Bots can make a lot more than that farming purses anyway.

If the minimum level was 55 and the timer was 30 seconds, it should be fine. Bots would still be profit limited due to the 2 jars per minute rule, but regular players wouldn't feel the sting as bad because they're playing normally and swimming to the next jar naturally. When a real player gets there, they may already be off cooldown or close to it.

Groups of jars are close enough that 1 minute can get painful, but sunken chests tend to be more spread out. I've only seen 4 chests together once in my whole time playing. Usually it's 1 or 2, rarely 3, very rare 4. Jars, on the other hand, tend to be in groups of 3 or 4 within 30-second swim of each other, so you spend a lot of time waiting.

The chests aren't too efficient in finding them and if you accidentally pick up a pack then you have to die or turn it in. How long have you been farming for them? Even with the cooldown, they are rather easy to find on this server from my experience. Got one on my alt toon in just under 1 hour.

I'm not hugely opposed to changing them, but I don't think they are a big issue that needs to be changed either, as I'm convinced its much easier and faster in the current state then my experience with official servers.

The drop chance is in general increased on this server for all types of drops.
This should reduce overall time required to get the items you need from any type of container or monster.

If it would be possible for packs to be placed on ocean floor on purpose that would cause so much trouble.

But i can see them being removed from the loot ,is it viable @Sparkle ?

I was able to get them last night after about 4 hours. That is compared to 10 hrs on retail and still never getting them.

So it's better but I'll leave it up for discussion. I still think half the cooldown would be best.

Can you avoid getting the pack? I'm considering just killing myself if I get another one since it's quicker than hauling that junk for 5gold

Yea, you can avoid the pack by using "G" key to see the contents in the chest and just cancel if its the pack. But like I said, I highly recommend just skipping chests and focusing on jars if you are farming for the fins.

just kill mobs for keys, fill your inventory up so your glider cannot be moved to your inventory and loot the chests instead of jars. jars are a complete waste of time

relic containers will take over an hour to respawn if you loot them, but if your inventory is full you can interact with them and check the loot without actually looting them. having a full inventory also prevents you from picking up the pack because it won't be possible for your glider to move into your inventory

they respawn in 1minute when done this way

just kill mobs for keys, fill your inventory up so your glider cannot be moved to your inventory and loot the chests instead of jars. jars are a complete waste of time

relic containers will take over an hour to respawn if you loot them, but if your inventory is full you can interact with them and check the loot without actually looting them. having a full inventory also prevents you from picking up the pack because it won't be possible for your glider to move into your inventory

they respawn in 1minute when done this way

I tried doing it that way but the chest never seemed to reset with different contents.

Jars really aren't a bad method with this loot drop rate btw.

Back