What's new

Remove the 70% damage return on Retribution(Occultism)

Einaer

Retribution is much like other preemptive anti-cc skills. Yet it has what I assume is a intended positive buff which deflects 70% of melee damage back to the attacker.

retribution.PNG
On the tool tip, that sounds great. But most people know that damage deflect is a joke in this game, as it goes through multiple defenses and damage reductions. Which means numbers like these is what you'll be getting most of the time:
Capture52151251.PNG
In the end, that's a measly 18% compared to the declared 70%.
Now, don't get me wrong. If it was actually 70% that'd be broken, but this damage also goes off of your melee hit accuracy. Which means that mages like myself get this an uncomfortable amount of times:
Capture521521512.PNG
Also the worst of all and what makes me want to get this whole damage return removed:
Capture52521521512.PNG
This makes the skill actually work against you when fighting battlerage users as it procs their parry passive, resetting all of their skills. I have only started feeling the cons of this since lightning tigerstrike was added, as the huge amounts of damage that skill does forces you to notice it. I'm suggesting a complete removal of this deflection due to how useless it is by itself and the assumed ease of it. If you have any other suggestions or counter-arguments to the whole thing I'd love to hear them!

Interesting, but there's probably more passives than just this one that might not work like they would in an ideal situation?

Ick, this sounds like the Frint/Mirage interaction Lineage 2 had. If they make it un-parry-able, that might fix it a bit.

Back