What's new

Roaming World Boss

Medkill

So for those of you that have been to the Gladiator events on Sundays, you may have seen the lovely Ariess with a massive title buff, giving them effectively 1 million HP. That's world boss level HP, right? And we all know how world bosses give cool drops, right? So what if one of the staff.... became a WORLD BOSS??? I'm talking massive HP, massive PVP, and prizes for the killers! How would this work you ask? Keep reading!

Now obviously this has some major hurdles that would need to be overcome. Given this new "world boss" would be a player, what should be the gear cap they have? Should certain classes be excluded? Should there be a cap on participants? These are just a few that I can think of, but I'm sure there are many more. Here's what I'm thinking.

Given there are 4 major class trees that almost everyone uses, there would be 4 different "world bosses": Mage, Melee, Archer, and Healer, each with their own accompanying armor, weapons, etc. The world boss would have armor equivalent to Sparring, maybe a little better, and a divine/epic weapon for their role (Tank, DPS, etc). Then they would travel across a region(s) that are pre-announced so that players can hunt them down to kill them. The winning team is the one that scores the final hit, forcing people to have to defend the WB as well as kill it, so lots and lots of coordination. The boss gets all the consumables that players can get, so keep that in mind as well.

Now for the hunting parties. The limitation would be to that of 1/2 a raid to a full raid per participation group. No GS requirements or limitation for the hunters, given they would be fighting a tough WB as well as other players. You can flag on green groups that come, obv, or you can leave them be, but know that the last hit is the one that matters, so if they're not in your raid, their raid gets the rewards.

Now for the rewards. Obviously something this tough needs a good outcome. It would ultimately be up to the moderators and such, but I think offering credits and title, with a special reward to the group that kills all 4 bosses each month(s), including a stronger, unique title, plus other rewards like costumes, credits, etc. Again, all left up to the moderators.

This is a general idea of course, and there are a lot of holes that would need to be patched before this could be implemented, so lets get to discussing!

Back