What's new

Server Multiplier on Everything?

Bofur

This server has a fair balance of between having benefits for both starting players and people working on end game content. A few of the helpful multipliers that this server has for beginning players are the experience multipliers and starter gifts that give benefits to get to the player to level 52+ so they can spend labor efficiently. Endgame benefits for players are increases in honor from arenas and faction events, which help players gear up. Also, players get an increased drop rate for items from mobs for all drops, which make making gold from coin purses and unidentified gear, and help players gear by increasing drop rate for items such as Tainted Jewels and other mats to upgrade obsidian gear for an increase in gear score. In my opinion, there are a couple of in-game currencies that will help players gear by either making gold or increase players being able to get gear.

Prestige Multiplier:

Players who experience end game content understand that it is going to be a grind to obtain unbreakable gems and usually take two to three days to obtain each gem. Also having attack speed gems for the headpiece which can cost around one day of guild quest per gem. My suggestion for prestige is to increase the amount of prestige given during the Ocleara's Rift in-game event. This would increase the number of players who would attend the event and would increase the amount faction cooperation to get multiple raids quest credit complete. Also having both factions want to contest this event which would increase server longevity.

Another idea would be to make Ocelera's Rift a repeatable daily quest instead of a daily quest. From my experience, the east faction always takes the mid-day Ocelera's Rift raid with little to no contest. While the west faction takes the late night Ocleara's Rift raid with the same issue. This would increase the number of players willing to fight the other faction over their prestige since, in the end prestige increases gear score.
Another idea would be to double the amount of prestige that all guild quests give EXCEPT for the Blue Salt Hammer and Leather/Iron/Stone/Fabric material. This is the less favorable option because a flat increase in prestige which would reduce the players need to do their daily quests.

Last edited by a moderator:
One to three days to get anything in an MMO is minimal time, consider that players are supposed to play for long periods of time to get most end game items so a few days for something that once you get it you dont have to get again because it wont break, is really nothing.

I love the idea of being able to make Ocelera's Rift a two times a day quest. I am trying to save up the Soulstones and being able to get upwards of 120 a day will allow for much better gear for starting players and/or imaged items for those who like the look but maybe not the stats. I think doubling the prestige for the OC Rift would be sufficient and not cause any issues since you have to be active in it. While prestige isn't that bad as it is now, I think doubling all guild quests would allow people to gem up too easy since the Lunascales do not break at all. It only takes 1 week of guild quests to be able to gem at least 1 armor piece full of the scales. The attack speed gems are another story, but I feel like it'll be hard to help one instance without making the other instance too easy.

If anything, I think they should double the daily loyalty reward per person since alts are not viable on this server. Allowing people to get roughly 200 loyalty a month vs 100 will greatly impact and lower the prices of lucky sun/moon/starpoints, loyalty lunagems that are 200 a piece and open up faster progression towards those larger goals that are 600+ loyalty. I'm actually quite surprised that with all the other multipliers that this hasn't been brought up yet.

One to three days to get anything in an MMO is minimal time, consider that players are supposed to play for long periods of time to get most end game items so a few days for something that once you get it you dont have to get again because it wont break, is really nothing.
I'm not suggesting a major increase. This is more to engage other factions to PVP at events instead of it being one-sided. Something to get more people involved during events.

I'm not suggesting a major increase. This is more to engage other factions to PVP at events instead of it being one-sided. Something to get more people involved during events.
Well, they just implemented the hasla zombies as a new event for pvp thought and I think OC has always been kind of meh.

Yea, OC has always been kinda meh. So give more prestige from OC, make it worth doing. You'll have a bunch of pvp quickly.

Yea, OC has always been kinda meh. So give more prestige from OC, make it worth doing. You'll have a bunch of pvp quickly.
It is meh because the place is a bottleneck with no room for pvp and if you die once you might aswell just go do something else because by the time you come back from the nui on the other side of the map it is all over. That place allows for at most a skirmish beside the camp to see who gets to tag the mobs and go on with the quests but even as a nuian with the nui closer if you have to respawn you may waste your time going back to the rift, and as harani if you die you not only have to go across all DS but through nuian base and housing to get back there, just a waste of time.

It needs special nuis for while you die definately
Special nuis for those who die in the area would certainly make things more streamlined and prevent too much of a bottleneck. I also think adding more prestige/increasing soulstone droprates would make things better as well. It would definitely increase people's activity in the event.

I also think adding more prestige/increasing soulstone droprates would make things better as well.
At this time you can get 55-65 soulstones per day, that's a pretty significant amount, I don't know if we really need to double those to be honest. But the daily quest prestige should at least be double or be able to do the quest for each separate OC Rift that spawns.

At this time you can get 55-65 soulstones per day, that's a pretty significant amount, I don't know if we really need to double those to be honest. But the daily quest prestige should at least be double or be able to do the quest for each separate OC Rift that spawns.
I agree the soulstones shouldn't be increased (I have over 2000+ of them in my warehouse). Prestige is useful for gearing in many ways and would increase the amount of numbers attending OC.

10 prestige = 15g or so selling misagon crystals, gotta have that in consideration as to how much gold can be made from the rift and compare with other events like say GR, CR or even abyssal and see if whatever gold you may get out of it relates to the effort needed to get it, OC is just about fighting off reds at the start and then it is GG for whoever wins the first fight.
TL: DR: Cant give away too much gold out of an ez rift that is lame for pvp.

Back